• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

STEELERS MEDIA THREAD PART 2

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw it, and not exactly how I meant it.
Everyone knows when Ben is having a bad day or gets hurt, the rest of the team goes to shit....
(except maybe 2 guys)
And every year, we loose either Ben or Bell to one thing or another and straight down the shitter we go.

Hell years ago when Troy would get hurt the D was the same way....Now it seems like Shazeir goes out the pass rush sucks, and when Heyward goes down the run D goes to shit.

This fuckin team depends far to much on a couple of guys, and it sucks.
Teach fuckin Bell to throw the ball, if he can't find a hole let him chuck the damn thing down the field to AB, Eli, or Coates!!!!

Agree.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw it, and not exactly how I meant it.
Everyone knows when Ben is having a bad day or gets hurt, the rest of the team goes to shit....
(except maybe 2 guys)
And every year, we loose either Ben or Bell to one thing or another and straight down the shitter we go.

Hell years ago when Troy would get hurt the D was the same way....Now it seems like Shazeir goes out the pass rush sucks, and when Heyward goes down the run D goes to shit.

This fuckin team depends far to much on a couple of guys, and it sucks.
Teach fuckin Bell to throw the ball, if he can't find a hole let him chuck the damn thing down the field to AB, Eli, or Coates!!!!
Honestly I think it has a lot to do with the coaching... Not all, but a lot. I ranted on it for almost a full page by myself in the game thread about multiple different things from the coaching standpoint.

Seems like Tomlin needs to practice what he preaches with the "standard is the standard" or "next man up" mentality. Because the gameplans were clearly pussified yesterday. The coaches were playing scared and trying to deploy safe schemes instead of playing to their strengths. If Tomlin really believes in the next man up, then the gameplans shouldn't change that much no matter who is playing. Always play to win, not to simply play it safe.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I think it has a lot to do with the coaching... Not all, but a lot. I ranted on it for almost a full page by myself in the game thread about multiple different things from the coaching standpoint.

Seems like Tomlin needs to practice what he preaches with the "standard is the standard" or "next man up" mentality. Because the gameplans were clearly pussified yesterday. The coaches were playing scared and trying to deploy safe schemes instead of playing to their strengths. If Tomlin really believes in the next man up, then the gameplans shouldn't change that much no matter who is playing. Always play to win, not to simply play it safe.

I couldn't agree more @FaCe-LeE-uS ......
We never had issues like this year in and year out when The Chin was coach.... Hell they would even cut guys we all loved just to make room for the next man up!!!!

And I am so fuckin sick of the offence just shitting the bed when Ben goes down. The only fuckin guy that keeps working his ass off after Ben goes down is BELL!!! Even AB drags his ass, because he knows Landry can't or wont throw to him.... But as big as a pain in the ass as Bell is, at least he don't fuckin give up!!!!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#LadariusWatch

#BudWatch

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Green!!!!!
Kick him to the curb and get the money back.
He's definitely not going to cure any of the current offensive woes... Those start with the O-line & QB... O-line needs to protect Ben with more consitency, and Ben needs to be making better decisions.

Only thing he could help with is he could provide aid for all the drops we've been seeing. Ben needs to build his confidence with his arsenal, and Coates/DHB/Rogers/James/Wheaton (shit even AB sometimes) all getting a case of the dropsies is not helping.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injury Report: Maurkice Pouncey undergoes surgery on dislocated thumb

Definitely glad I didn't read all the knee-jerk reports following the loss that were stating Pouncey's season was in jeopardy yet again. Pardon the possible absurdity for the following statement (I know a thumb is crucial to grip, which a Center obviously uses often), but if a finger injury is enough to end your season then I don't believe you are tough enough for the NFL. Pretty sure you can still snap a ball with a gimpy thumb. A QB would make more sense to have his season end with a thumb injury.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeAngelo Williams undergoes knee surgery

Get healthy ASAP D-Will! PIT needs you down the stretch. Especially if Bell has his yearly knee tear.

*knocks on wood*

Will we see Karlos Williams get promoted to the 53? Gotta wait and see what his timetable looks like. They'll have to shelf D-Will first.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Steelers OFC coaching was very weak early in the game...as if they were coaching scared to get Ben hurt...they open up in a an empty back field on the 1st play like they were really going to spread them out and go for the juggler and quickly went into a shell.

The prep in terms of readiness to play and being mentally sharp...that was all on Tomlin. Makes me thing they all took a mini vacation...Bell's comments about the sloppy practices had to sting him...they were pointed at his team mates, but indirectly at Tomlin.

Noted on DWIll...probably mid DEC before we see him on the field again...K Williams has to get the call...If Green doesn't suit up and have a helmet this week, I'm with @Psych-Ward...fuck him!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers OFC coaching was very weak early in the game...as if they were coaching scared to get Ben hurt...they open up in a an empty back field on the 1st play like they were really going to spread them out and go for the juggler and quickly went into a shell.

The prep in terms of readiness to play and being mentally sharp...that was all on Tomlin. Makes me thing they all took a mini vacation...Bell's comments about the sloppy practices had to sting him...they were pointed at his team mates, but indirectly at Tomlin.

Noted on DWIll...probably mid DEC before we see him on the field again...K Williams has to get the call...If Green doesn't suit up and have a helmet this week, I'm with @Psych-Ward...fuck him!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah...I saw something on that...won't hold my breath on it until I see an official roster move...hopefully he's a factor. I wonder if Green will fill DWill's slot or do they make two moves and add KWill off the PS at RB.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...I saw something on that...won't hold my breath on it until I see an official roster move...hopefully he's a factor. I wonder if Green will fill DWill's slot or do they make two moves and add KWill off the PS at RB.
I'm hoping they bring up KWill, but something tells me they will see how it goes this week. Like we've talked about before, DJ, Grimble or Nix are on the chopping block if push comes to shove.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers activate Ladarius Green to 53-man roster, release L.J. Fort

Interesting... Fort gets the axe and they keep 4 TE's? Makes sense if you truly see Green as a hybrid TE/WR. But still, dropping Fort leaves the ILB position somewhat thin. Considering the injury history of Shazier, that leaves V-Will & Timmons as the only reliable players outside of the rookie Matakevich. And if you consider the future of Timmons with the team, this might vault ILB into the draft talks, if I haven't already? lol. And Fort was a valuable piece on the ST teams, so who fills that void? Nix or DJ?