• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thursday Night Football: Steelers @ Cleveland on Amazon Prime and NFL+

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked good last week also.

Week 1 not so much. But hopefully it was a learning curve
THAT is a true game manager and I say that in a good way.

Efficient, takes what is given and the playcalling/game plan have been excellent last 2 weeks. Week 1, too, but Brissett just didn't have it until the end.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth be told. Had Baker played this well last year he's still in Cleveland.

Never would've thought I'd be saying that after Jacoby's week 1 performance
Why it was so absurd Baker's critics kept trying to rip him for being a game manager. He's not here because he could not be a game manager.

Have to admit JB has been far better than I expected since the last drive in week 1.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK game started off like a dud but got interesting as it progressed.
as a Browns' fan would be great to see what it's like to just run away with a game but agree this was probably a decent game for a neutral fan.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eh...i'd have to look at the numbers, but i'm pretty sure opposing defenses weren't quite as aggressive as they started to become, towards the tail end of 2020, keeping everyone in the box and daring the steelers offense to go further than 10 yards downfield. i'd be willing to bet my next paycheck that if you brought in duck, and went back and forth between him and mason NOW, it would be a much different story.
2020 was a different story altogether. OL was dogshit before Ben & Fichtner ran out of juice around week 11-12. And yea, defenses were stacking the boxes, and playing 10-yds & in. Rarely did the DBs backpedal. In comes Canada and we still see the same offense, but with some window dressing (jet sweeps, motion, PA, etc) and still not throwing down the field much.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my analysis of the Steelers right now is that they have an above average running game, an average WR corp, an average OL, above average coaching, above average pass defense, below average run defense. And they're starting maybe the 40th best QB.

Yeah, its time to move on.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2020 was a different story altogether. OL was dogshit before Ben & Fichtner ran out of juice around week 11-12. And yea, defenses were stacking the boxes, and playing 10-yds & in. Rarely did the DBs backpedal. In comes Canada and we still see the same offense, but with some window dressing (jet sweeps, motion, PA, etc) and still not throwing down the field much.

i'm just not buying it. this team is going to struggle to find 4-5 wins the rest of the season.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm just not buying it. this team is going to struggle to find 4-5 wins the rest of the season.
I hear ya. If they stick with Canada then they're doomed. Trubisky might show more life like he did in the 1st half yesterday, but doubtful. His ceiling is painfully obvious. And he is just not a good fit with Canada's JV schemes.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my analysis of the Steelers right now is that they have an above average running game, an average WR corp, an average OL, above average coaching, above average pass defense, below average run defense. And they're starting maybe the 40th best QB.

Yeah, its time to move on.

FdURDAoWIAI9o0x

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with Trubisky is that he isnt even really a good 'bridge' QB. Compare to Brissett on the other side. Thats a bridge QB. He'll make 1 read throws with good accuracy and he wont turn the ball over. Puts his body on the line to routinely pick up 3rd and 4th and short. You put pieces around a QB like that and he'll win and if you dont put pieces around him you'll lose but there is a level of dependability there imo. Trubisky is a failed franchise QB without a niche. Can't blame it on Nagy anymore. He hasn't done much and Fields looks like a bit of a mess, too.

Week 5 is Buffalo, Week 6 is Tampa Bay. I suspect we'll see Pickett in week 7. No point in putting Pickett against Buf and TB imo if you've kept him out against the Browns backups.
Canada is about as bad as Nagy as a play caller.