• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thursday Night Football: Steelers @ Cleveland on Amazon Prime and NFL+

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The winning lineups in the DK million dollar challenge had the Browns D. Ouch for the guy who had like 50k won and lost it on that

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was Decent........................

Way Better than Bills/Rams we were treated to as the 1st game

:behindsofa:

Monday was 41 7 and 24 7. Bills pulled Allen for the 4th

Not saying this was some kind of classic but jeez. Not bad for a primetime game.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Walker shouldn't be calling the signals. Could be total coincidence but the D got a hell of a lot better after he went out.

That said hope he recovers quickly. Glad it's a sprain and nothing worse.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point was where they punted from. Normally teams take a delay of game penalty to give the punter more room to punt. Defenses often decline such a penalty to make it a shorter punt space. The Browns took a time-out to put themselves in a sub-optimal punting spot rather than take a penalty to 'improve' their situation. There was no difference in clock time and time-out was valueless. It was about where they wanted to punt from.

Maybe they felt there was some value to punting in a 4th < 5 situation as the defense would be less willing to risk being offside?
Your final sentence is 100 percent. The punter is putting that ball straight up in the air no matter what. If he gets it straight up in the air, it's basically over. Not taking chances with what happened last week makes the best sense. Imagine if they take the 5 yard penalty and Pittsburgh get a block because they can absolutely take a free shot at guessing the count.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy I am glad I missed this one.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s like watching the same train wreck in slow motion for 2 straight weeks… but thankfully there’s more to come

Gave the Tittie kisser the benefit of the doubt game one but looking at the numbers tonight it seemed like a shit show again. Don’t care what Pickett does it is worth a change soon.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at the beginning of the season, i looked at the schedule and thought, this team can win 7 games, maybe 8 if a fair amount of bounces go their way. after watching 3 games, i can say that unless MAJOR, earth-shaking changes take place within the offense (i don't care WHO's under center, trubisky, pickett, matt canada himself, me) this team isn't winning more than 4 games, maybe not even more than 3. at this juncture, the Steelers might just be the worst team in the league. consider the fact that it took a miracle set of circumstances in week 1 vs Cincy to sneak out of there with the W, this team really ought to be 0-3 with no hope in sight. i've long since given up hope of ever seeing tomlin cut loose by the rooneys, and frankly, it is what it is at this point with him. no, i don't think he's the worst coach ever, and the Steelers could certainly do worse, but i absolutely DO think he's overrated given how he's fawned over by the talking heads/media/fans of other teams, and i absolutely DO think that the franchise is overdue for a new voice in that locker room. let's say it gets to a point where the team is 1-5 or 1-6, and tomlin's hand is forced and he has to cut matt canada loose; who is he replacing him with?? does any fan among us really, REALLY have any confidence that Tomlin is going to be able to find the guy in the offseason, that can rejuvenate the offense and make it blossom into a force once again?? and at this point, the defense looks to be running on fumes and we haven't even completed the first quarter of the season. without TJ in there, the defense is just a bunch of j.a.g.s (just a guy), save for the occasional splash play from Minkah, TJ is the spoon that stirs that drink, and as long as he's out, this defense will continue to plod along, get pushed around by average to good o-lines, and get burned by the most basic of route patterns/concepts.

the worst part, is that the steelers will remain among the dregs of the league for the foreseeable future. this isn't going to resolve itself quickly, or within a season or two...this is going to be a problem for at LEAST the next 5 years, might even go well past that. depressing.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s like watching the same train wreck in slow motion for 2 straight weeks… but thankfully there’s more to come

What is he waiting for?

Can’t get much worse at this point.

Trubisky isn’t now, nor ever was, an adequate QB.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You play Pickett when he's ready. No point rushing him in too early.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at the beginning of the season, i looked at the schedule and thought, this team can win 7 games, maybe 8 if a fair amount of bounces go their way. after watching 3 games, i can say that unless MAJOR, earth-shaking changes take place within the offense (i don't care WHO's under center, trubisky, pickett, matt canada himself, me) this team isn't winning more than 4 games, maybe not even more than 3. at this juncture, the Steelers might just be the worst team in the league. consider the fact that it took a miracle set of circumstances in week 1 vs Cincy to sneak out of there with the W, this team really ought to be 0-3 with no hope in sight. i've long since given up hope of ever seeing tomlin cut loose by the rooneys, and frankly, it is what it is at this point with him. no, i don't think he's the worst coach ever, and the Steelers could certainly do worse, but i absolutely DO think he's overrated given how he's fawned over by the talking heads/media/fans of other teams, and i absolutely DO think that the franchise is overdue for a new voice in that locker room. let's say it gets to a point where the team is 1-5 or 1-6, and tomlin's hand is forced and he has to cut matt canada loose; who is he replacing him with?? does any fan among us really, REALLY have any confidence that Tomlin is going to be able to find the guy in the offseason, that can rejuvenate the offense and make it blossom into a force once again?? and at this point, the defense looks to be running on fumes and we haven't even completed the first quarter of the season. without TJ in there, the defense is just a bunch of j.a.g.s (just a guy), save for the occasional splash play from Minkah, TJ is the spoon that stirs that drink, and as long as he's out, this defense will continue to plod along, get pushed around by average to good o-lines, and get burned by the most basic of route patterns/concepts.

the worst part, is that the steelers will remain among the dregs of the league for the foreseeable future. this isn't going to resolve itself quickly, or within a season or two...this is going to be a problem for at LEAST the next 5 years, might even go well past that. depressing.
I had them around 7 wins before the season as well. I was way too pessimistic about the offense, and so far it looks worse than I thought. Tomlin isn’t going to move on from Canada, and by the time he finally puts in Pickett it will likely be too late.

That said, Tomlin’s M-O is to right the ship and somehow contend even with a shit cast of coaches and/or offense, defense, etc. He typically finds a way which ends up dragging out the inevitable. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if they got to .500 again

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wonder how refs miss this unless they just turn their eye. Ridiculous