• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thursday Night Football: STEELERS/BROWNS

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this is whitewashing inexcusable behaviour from a childish punk QB, who actually provoked the whole incident, and brought the helmet hitting his head upon himself. And afterwards was an outright crybaby liar, of course whitewashed by Aikman.
Sure, blame the victim.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are defending Garrett.

lol. I knew someone would say this. didn't think it would be you.

no, garrett was wrong to hit him with the helmet. wish he would'nt have done that. but many other people are involved in this.........

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, Garrett acted like an idiot and deserves whatever he gets

but I gotta say

As a fan I have been on the other side of lopsided scores and cheap shots at the hands of the Steelers.

I sure dont mind being on the other side this time.

Also good point

After two decades of being mocked It is nice to see a few licks given out. Not the last one though obviously

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, Garrett acted like an idiot and deserves whatever he gets

but I gotta say

As a fan I have been on the other side of lopsided scores and cheap shots at the hands of the Steelers.

I sure dont mind being on the other side this time.

Cheap shot? Is that what you're calling that?

That's not football. The hard licks that took out Juju and Johnson...some people might call those cheap shots...to me that's old school hard nose football.

What Garrett did at the end of the game...That was back alley bush league shit. I don't see how even a Browns fan could support that BS.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had the benefit of seeing multiple times...

Rudolph responded like he did imo because the ball was gone really before Garrett made contact. I'm guessing in his mind there was no reason for Garrett to take him to the ground...it's the freakin end of the game.

IMO...no big deal on the QB.

Garrett...his response to it was WWE except it was real. No other way to explain it.

Pouncey...it was good to see him come to the defense of his QB, but he's going to miss a game.

even if you get tackled late (which happens a lot in this league) that is no reason to rip someone elses helmet off. Sorry excuse. Garrett’s act is unforgivable but everybody is acting like Mason is innocent. Completely false. He has no right to rip a players’ helmet off if he is tackled late lol.

Garrett is an idiot but throughout all the years of the Steers being one of the dirtiest organizations in football...I think the Browns had 30 years of pent up energy and hatred.

either way Kitchens needs to go. I dont like this team. I dont want the Browns reputation to be like the Steelers

Reactions: GNG

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, what is Rudolph guilty of? Being attacked by Garrett??

Starting it........ rewatch the video of the tackle.

if the media hasn't destroyed that part of the tape by now........

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. I knew someone would say this. didn't think it would be you.

no, garrett was wrong to hit him with the helmet. wish he would'nt have done that. but many other people are involved in this.........
Garrett should be suspended for the rest of the season.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Rudolph escalated it first, but he sure as hell didnt start it.

so bc you might get tackled late, you get the right to tear a players’ helmet off? Lolzz doesnt make much sense

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had the benefit of seeing multiple times...

Rudolph responded like he did imo because the ball was gone really before Garrett made contact. I'm guessing in his mind there was no reason for Garrett to take him to the ground...it's the freakin end of the game.

IMO...no big deal on the QB.

Garrett...his response to it was WWE except it was real. No other way to explain it.

Pouncey...it was good to see him come to the defense of his QB, but he's going to miss a game.

And Rudolph is - as pointed out by video evidence - clearly wrong. The ball was NOT clearly out, in fact, Garret has already initiated contact BEFORE Rudolph loses touch with the ball. So the argument 'the ball was out' is absolute BS. As Sterratore and Pereira (IIRC) have stated on a few occasions, roughing the passer (late hit version) basically comes down to how many steps the defender had to take to initiate contact, with the line being drawn roughly at 1,5-2 steps. Garret does not even have to take one step before hanging off Rudolph.... Every single game there are dozens of hits on the QB after the ball are out that are harder and clearly later than what Garret did to Rudolph.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same player who started with trying (and nearly succeeding) in ripping the helmet off of the player who swung at him, and when the two are separated and the other player is more or less under control (and definitely hampered in being able to defend himself) decides to charge him and re-engage in the confrontation)?
I am not saying Rudolph is blameless in this. Garrett cannot lose his shit like that. His actions went above and beyond any actions taken by that point.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry should be fined
Mason should be suspended a game
Myles should be out the rest of the year
The guy that was punching and kicking Garrett should get a couple games

not sure who else did anything drastic

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will the media pile on Garrett the way they used to pile on Suh?

:pop2:

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the real question. Was the helmet swing more or less dirty than 90% of Hines Wards "blocks"?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as pointed out with VIDEO EVIDENCE this is ABSOLUTE AND COMPLETE BS. The moment Rudolph releases the ball, Garret has actually already initiated the tackle. Garrett actually has already grabbed Rudolph (literally hanging off his shirt) when the ball is still over a yard away from the RB/WR (who was less than 8 yards away from the QB). Between Rudolph releasing the ball and Garrett having Rudolph on the ground and RELEASED is under 1,5 seconds!

All this is whitewashing inexcusable behaviour from a childish punk QB, who actually provoked the whole incident, and brought the helmet hitting his head upon himself. And afterwards was an outright crybaby liar, of course whitewashed by Aikman.

The QB was right to be pissed when you think about the big picture Dutch...it was a bang-bang play either way you look at it...the bigger point here is at that point in the game there was no reason to even tackle him. He saw the ball being released.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so bc you might get tackled late, you get the right to tear a players’ helmet off? Lolzz doesnt make much sense

That's not what that sentence says at all. It's pretty clear I think Rudolph escalated the issue, I just dont think he started it.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, blame the victim.

Seeing as Rudolph is clearly the one ripping off somebody's helmet first (after Garret has actually let him go!) initiating the brawl, and subsequently, when Garret is being pushed away (and seems to calm down) actually charges him when Garret is already engaged with De Castro, yeah, Rudolph shares a large part of the blame.

Which still does not mean that Garret should have snapped and swung the helmet.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if Garrett takes full responsibility for what he did, has a meeting with Mason, they talk, Garrett apologizes and the they bury the hatchet between them?............. many here act like this isn't possible.

Yes, even this can be forgiven. many are going overboard...................... just like the media wants them to........