• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thursday Night Football: STEELERS/BROWNS

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are tripping on the police stuff

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s not forget why Rudolph probably acted the way he did. Cle players were headhunting all night and even got a H2H hit on him earlier in the game as well

I was honestly waiting for a fight to break out the way cle was headhunting.

Maybe he needs to worry about not throwing four picks first.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s not forget why Rudolph probably acted the way he did. Cle players were headhunting all night and even got a H2H hit on him earlier in the game as well

I was honestly waiting for a fight to break out the way cle was headhunting.
So what? It’s a rivalry game. Defenders thrive on getting in their opponent’s heads by delivering shots like that. Shit that happens in EVERY game, not just rivalries

You’re really grasping for straws here

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stuff we've seen with hockey sticks and we think a swing and pretty much miss with a helmet is getting him time?

Lol calm down

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fight aside, Cleaveland deserved this win.
Exactly it is a shame the last 30 seconds overshadowed a Browns win. They did a good job scheming on offense to avoid a big play by Fitzpatrick and on defense blitzed a ton to rattle a mediocre QB with horrible pocket awareness.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what? It’s a rivalry game. Defenders thrive on getting in their opponent’s heads by delivering shots like that. Shit that happens in EVERY game, not just rivalries
I’m neutral, not a fan of any teams. I’m trying to give a perspective on why he did that.

And i disagree, the shot on Johnson was inexcusable. That’s not a normal shot by any means.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if Cleveland PD was in the locker room Garrett's almost certainly not getting any legal issues against him.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just rewatched the sequence:

1. The ball is barely out of Rudolph's hands when Garret makes contact for the tackle. Less than a single step.
2. Garret spins Rudolph to avoid a roughing, the spin is NOT egregious. It was pretty much a bear hug bringing Rudoph down.

That takes roughing the passer out of the equation.

3. Mason, in response grabs the back of Garret's helmet and tries to rip it off. One of the replay shots actually shows him trying to rip Garret's helmet off by the back and by grabbing the facemask with the other hand.

4. Garret retaliates, ripping Rudolph's helmet off.

5 De Castro and nr 71 (who already were pulling on Garret while Garret and Rudolph were still on the ground at the moment Rudolph was pulling on the back of Garret's helmet) drag Garret away, with De Castro in fact putting himself in between Garret and Rudolph (it is in this process that Rudolph's helmet actually comes off).

6 Rudolph actually charges at Garret, with Garret being pushed back by De Castro. It is at this point that Garret swings the helmet.

7. Pouncey comes in throwing punches, while De Castro holds Garret, and when Garret ends up on the ground (with De Castro on top of him) actually starts to kick Garret, aiming for Garret's head. If he does not connect it is because Cleveland's nr 50's legs are in the way.

Conclusion:

1. Rudolph initiates the whole thing by grabbing at Garret's helmet (n the back, trying to rip it off) first.

2. Rudolph - when Garret is being pushed away and held/restrained by De Castro, actually charges at Garret (who swings the helmet in response).

3. Pouncey (with Garret being held/restrained by De Castro) actually throws punches and tries to kick Garret in the head.

Result:

Both Garret and Pouncey should be suspended at least for the season, and IMHO Pouncy actually longer than Garret.

Rudolp should also be fined and suspended, arguably for as long as Garret.

BTW - I used the NFL Game Pass replay, with the TV slomos.
Are you Garetts mother?

You are missing the part between points 2 and 3 that instead of releasing Rudolph Garrett decides he'd twist Rudolph again so he can pin him to the turf.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stuff we've seen with hockey sticks and we think a swing and pretty much miss with a helmet is getting him time?

Lol calm down
Yeah that wasn’t a miss he got him good. Just think it didn’t phase him much due to the adrenaline and the fact there isn’t much left up there after the last concussion.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cheap shot to a player with no helmet on......

You all act like Mason was innocent here. I'm sure he said something fucked up it's not like Myles to just flip out for no reason.

Larry knocked him down to calm his ass down