• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stats again (Saints version)

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting input. Who you picking?

I can't pick against Lions. But, at the same time, I honestly don't expect us to beat Drew Brees.

That being said, I can't wait to see how our defense responds to this challenge. They haven't had a legit challenge, yet, IMO. I think the Packers, for whatever reason, underestimated us, and failed at putting together a great game plan.

Not to say the Packers didn't try, quite the opposite. I think they came in ready for a shootout, but on the field Rodgers quickly realized he couldn't gash us for deep plays like years past.

Sean Payton and Drew Brees aren't going to underestimate us, I guarantee that. If we dominate this game defensively, people will start to notice.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't pick against Lions. But, at the same time, I honestly don't expect us to beat Drew Brees.

That being said, I can't wait to see how our defense responds to this challenge. They haven't had a legit challenge, yet, IMO. I think the Packers, for whatever reason, underestimated us, and failed at putting together a great game plan.

Not to say the Packers didn't try, quite the opposite. I think they came in ready for a shootout, but on the field Rodgers quickly realized he couldn't gash us for deep plays like years past.

Sean Payton and Drew Brees aren't going to underestimate us, I guarantee that. If we dominate this game defensively, people will start to notice.

:10:I always appreciate honest input......I'm still on the fence. If we shut down Brees there will be more of a positive response from me...If it ends up Detroit winning 37-34 with both teams tossing TD's, I'll still remain the same....

Lions 4-2 Saints 2-3 Just beating another team with a below 500 record will by my drum beat......

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh come now, we all know you'll find some reason it was a mirage if we win at all. If they get shellacked you were right all along.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh come now, we all know you'll find some reason it was a mirage if we win at all. If they get shellacked you were right all along.
Who you picking this weekend?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bear fan here. I think were all waiting to see how you fair against better teams. So far your schedule has been easy as it can be. The one O you faced (GB) was not playing great yet. And you guys have a way of starting strong and not finishing. Not knocking your team but like most NFCN fans, were still not sure how to take the Lions. This NO. game will tell a lot. Good luck guys.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bear fan here. I think were all waiting to see how you fair against better teams. So far your schedule has been easy as it can be. The one O you faced (GB) was not playing great yet. And you guys have a way of starting strong and not finishing. Not knocking your team but like most NFCN fans, were still not sure how to take the Lions. This NO. game will tell a lot. Good luck guys.

That must suck, I'm sorry to hear about your burden...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some here have your same thought process as to whether they can finish strong or fade at the end. This will be a good test against the number one defense.

Come back anytime your burden is no worse than mine

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The saints defense kinda reminds me of the lions offense. Both should be playing much better. The saints offense will be detroits biggest test of the year. The lions ranking 30th in sacks allowed is one of the bigger reasons their offense has been inept. I have no problem blaming the offensive line on the majority of detroits offensive woes.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The saints defense kinda reminds me of the lions offense. Both should be playing much better. The saints offense will be detroits biggest test of the year. The lions ranking 30th in sacks allowed is one of the bigger reasons their offense has been inept. I have no problem blaming the offensive line on the majority of detroits offensive woes.

I agree mostly. Saints will be one of the biggest tests. I worry more about the Bears with Marshall and Jeffrey and Forte. Saints would be #2 of my list of biggest tests for the defense.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints Defense is not playing better because Rob Ryan sucks as a DC. That's also why the Cowboys defense is much improved even though many of their stars left after last year.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints Defense is not playing better because Rob Ryan sucks as a DC. That's also why the Cowboys defense is much improved even though many of their stars left after last year.
The Cowboys def is playing the same as last year. There is no improvement. The Cowpie offense is running more and controlling the clock thus keeping the D off the field. They have the exact same yards per play average as last year. They are just on the field less. Smoke and mirrors boys.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look out little kid in the Packers getup. That kid in the Bears duds is fixin' to pull a Mike Tyson on your ass.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evander Holyfield was white when he was a baby? Duck kid Duck!!!!!!

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to be driving back from chicago with the wife and little guy, so i don't think I will get to watch the game. Hopefully I will be able to listen to it at the very least.

That being said -- I like the Lions chances. The Saints have been struggling, they are without their best weapon on offense and we are playing at home.

The only thing that scares me is -- Detroit has been relying on the pressure of the front 4 and I believe that has masked a lot in the secondary. New Orleans uses a lot of quick hitters in the passing game, so it may neutralize the pressure, though I hope it doesn't.

If Detroit can pick up the win here -- it would be huge for the confidence of the team. I think the offense is going to have to wake up for Detroit to win this game and I think they will. Two weeks in a row, I've said I thought Ebron was going to break out and he has been worthless, so I'm going to predict he will be worthless in this game and hope I'm wrong again. Would love to see them put Broyles in and get rid of the ball a little quicker, so Stafford doesn't take so many hits.

Going to be a fun game -- Really wish I could watch it. Can't pass up the chance for my little guy to visit with my nieces though, so it is worth missing a game.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to be driving back from chicago with the wife and little guy, so i don't think I will get to watch the game. Hopefully I will be able to listen to it at the very least.

That being said -- I like the Lions chances. The Saints have been struggling, they are without their best weapon on offense and we are playing at home.

The only thing that scares me is -- Detroit has been relying on the pressure of the front 4 and I believe that has masked a lot in the secondary. New Orleans uses a lot of quick hitters in the passing game, so it may neutralize the pressure, though I hope it doesn't.

If Detroit can pick up the win here -- it would be huge for the confidence of the team. I think the offense is going to have to wake up for Detroit to win this game and I think they will. Two weeks in a row, I've said I thought Ebron was going to break out and he has been worthless, so I'm going to predict he will be worthless in this game and hope I'm wrong again. Would love to see them put Broyles in and get rid of the ball a little quicker, so Stafford doesn't take so many hits.

Going to be a fun game -- Really wish I could watch it. Can't pass up the chance for my little guy to visit with my nieces though, so it is worth missing a game.
Just read the game thread. Best Lions game coverage there is.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read the game thread. Best Lions game coverage there is.

Actually when I asked for a recap, I was pleased. Just gotta get through homer/negative fluff.

Last edited by a moderator:

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one O you faced (GB) was not playing great yet.
Gotta disagree here. Rodgers, just the week before, faced Ryan's D in NY and put up almost 350 and 3 TDs. The next week we completely shit him and co. down.

There always seems to be some excuse when Detroit beats a good team. There were no excuses that week. We beat them and held their offense in check. It'll be scary to think what this team could look like if our offense could get their heads out of their asses.