• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

End of the year stats

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rush Defense-

Yards per attempt: Total season- 4.4 (16th)
Yards per attempt; through 1/4 of the season-- 5.3 (30th)

Total rushing yards per game :Total season- 110.1 (10th)
Total rushing yards per game; through 1/4 of the season- 157.8 (32nd)

Pass Defense-

Yards per attempt: Total Season- 7.3 (26th)
Yards per attempt; through 1/4 of the season-- 6.9 (17th)

Total passing yards per game; Total season- 224.9 (8th)
Total passing yards per game; through 1/4 of the season- 171.8 (2nd)

Sacks per game- 2.7 (14th)

Rushing Offense-

Yards per attempt; Total season- 4.1 (28th)
Yards per attempt; Through 1/4 of the season- 4.6 (7th)

Total rushing yards per game; Total season- 103.8 (23rd)
Total rushing yards per game; Through 1/4 of the season- 98 (20th)

Passing Offense-

Yards per attempt; Total season- 6.2 (26th)
Yards per attempt; Through 1/4 of the season- 6.8 (17th)

Total passing yards; Total season- 223.5 (20th)
Total passing yards; Through 1/4 of the season- 292.5 (10th)

Total TD's per game- 2.2 (24th)
Total sacks per game allowed- 2.6 (17th)

Conclusion:
Strangely, after being dead last in rush defense (In bold). It ended up being the only stat we ended up finishing the top 10 in. Looking at the final numbers, fat Pat did a pretty good job overall with this defense. We ranked 14th in sacks per game and our best defensive lineman being injured most of the season.

On offense, the rushing yards per attempt fell off the cliff once Johnson got hurt. Either showing Johnson's dominance or the fact that we need more capable backups/competition this off-season. The other glaring stat is we are 17th in sacks allowed. The fact that JBC runs a lot of short passing game stuff in his offense is what makes this stat pop off the sheet.

Lions top needs this off-season-
OL (once again OL continues to be a weak link on this team).
WR's (Stafford needs play makers around him to make him better, he doesn't make the WR's better himself)
Backup RB's (Would be nice if Quinn can hit on a late/mid round pick this off-season)
A premier pass rusher (Might have to use our top selection on)
Another legit CB across from Slay. (Also a strong possibility to use our top selection on)

So what do you guys also think of these stats? What is your takeaway from any of these? I'd be interested to hear your opinions.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6-10. Last in NFC North.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the Colts game 17, and they said Luck was only sacked I believe 18 times on the season. I don't see our total sacks allowed, but 2.6 a game is somewhere around 42 ish. I specifically remember the Vikings sacking him 10 times in one game (with 7 of those sacks within 3 seconds of the ball being snapped, so not holding the ball too long) and the Bears getting 6 more sacks the very next game.

If it hadn't been for those 2 terrible (worst ever?) games, if looks like our O-Line only ("only") gave up 25 ish sacks in the other 14 games. Obviously not brag worthy, but probably close to top 10 in the league ish. This is probably mostly due to our short quick passing game more than good performance by our line, which is reflected by Staffords terrible numbers in yards, TD's, YPA, YPC, etc.

I'm actually pretty surprised, it felt like our line was at an all time low this year. But the numbers say that maybe they're not far off.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it hadn't been for those 2 terrible (worst ever?) games, if looks like our O-Line only ("only") gave up 25 ish sacks in the other 14 games.

"If it hadn't been for those two horrible games" Can't really take those out unless you also take out their two best games (probably 0 sacks given) and then come up with an average. I saw on multiple occasions, Ragnow getting straight up clowned. Along with the RG and C.

But you made a great point about it being a quick passing game. Not to mention the fact that Stafford has one of the quickest releases in the NFL. If this O-line didn't need any new players. We should of been top 10 to top 5 in sacks allowed in this quick hitting offense.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"If it hadn't been for those two horrible games" Can't really take those out unless you also take out their two best games (probably 0 sacks given) and then come up with an average. I saw on multiple occasions, Ragnow getting straight up clowned. Along with the RG and C.

But you made a great point about it being a quick passing game. Not to mention the fact that Stafford has one of the quickest releases in the NFL. If this O-line didn't need any new players. We should of been top 10 to top 5 in sacks allowed in this quick hitting offense.

It was supposed to be good. Lang hardly played and Wagner became a swinging gate. Glasgow is not good enough to have anyone else on the line be weak. Ragnow will be very good. He made mistakes but was also stellar at times. Decker is decent too. Definitely need help there though no doubt about it.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was supposed to be good. Lang hardly played and Wagner became a swinging gate. Glasgow is not good enough to have anyone else on the line be weak. Ragnow will be very good. He made mistakes but was also stellar at times. Decker is decent too. Definitely need help there though no doubt about it.

The scary thing to me is that Quinn may very well have to take ANOTHER OL with the top ten pick in the draft. Just to replace Wagner or Lang. I would hate for him to pass on all this defensive talent in this years draft.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good post here from OP.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the Colts game 17, and they said Luck was only sacked I believe 18 times on the season. I don't see our total sacks allowed, but 2.6 a game is somewhere around 42 ish. I specifically remember the Vikings sacking him 10 times in one game (with 7 of those sacks within 3 seconds of the ball being snapped, so not holding the ball too long) and the Bears getting 6 more sacks the very next game.

If it hadn't been for those 2 terrible (worst ever?) games, if looks like our O-Line only ("only") gave up 25 ish sacks in the other 14 games. Obviously not brag worthy, but probably close to top 10 in the league ish. This is probably mostly due to our short quick passing game more than good performance by our line, which is reflected by Staffords terrible numbers in yards, TD's, YPA, YPC, etc.

I'm actually pretty surprised, it felt like our line was at an all time low this year. But the numbers say that maybe they're not far off.

Stats are always a bit misleading. 2 games vs Vikings and Bears and 1 vs Rams. Thats 5 games vs arguably the 3 best front 7s in the NFL.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No NFL team should be giving up 10 & 6 sacks in successive games in the NFL, imo. I get the going against arguably the 3 best fronts but the same shit happened in a game against the Vikings last year.

Davidson was suppose to be the solve all problems answer.

Don't you {@Old Lion} even come back with Ragnow was a rookie and injuries and chemistry, cohesion and continuity takes a while to set in. That's my line. :nono:

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No NFL team should be giving up 10 & 6 sacks in successive games in the NFL, imo. I get the going against arguably the 3 best fronts but the same shit happened in a game against the Vikings last year.

Davidson was suppose to be the solve all problems answer.

Don't you {@Old Lion} even come back with Ragnow was a rookie and injuries and chemistry, cohesion and continuity takes a while to set in. That's my line. :nono:

I dont know what happened with the O-line. They just looked like they were not any better despite Ragnow being added and playing decent. I am getting the feeling maybe Glasgow is not good with directing on the plays.

Maybe @gandydancer can help with explaining it.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just looked like they were not any better despite Ragnow being added and playing decent.

He played good in the run game at times but he was Laken Tomlinsonish in pass pro. Not really sure how much drafting him really improved that position from last year to be quite honest. I want to wait till the end of next year before casting judgement. Give him a year in an NFL training program with more time to watch game film and perfect his technique.

He isn't the concern though. It is really Wagner. That guy has been ROUGH at RT. Not sure how a vet with a proven track record just all of a sudden sucks donkey balls. Also, I am not really sold on Glasgow either. He's OK but certainly not special. I would say Raiola was considerably better than him.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know what happened with the O-line. They just looked like they were not any better despite Ragnow being added and playing decent. I am getting the feeling maybe Glasgow is not good with directing on the plays.

Maybe @gandydancer can help with explaining it.

The 8-9 games I got to watch this year he sucks balls in pass pro. He can and will be a road grader if left at LG imo. At C he will still be a great run blocker, but used more with double teams and chips before going to second level. I’d prefer to see a move to C unless he can improve his pass pro.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With what I said above in regards to Ragnow. Many say JBC is predictable. Well that can’t be used anymore. A combo of Glasgow or Stafford fucking up line calls could be factors. I noticed stunts would really confuse them. So maybe it wasn’t just JBC being predictable, maybe the unit was also.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played good in the run game at times but he was Laken Tomlinsonish in pass pro. Not really sure how much drafting him really improved that position from last year to be quite honest. I want to wait till the end of next year before casting judgement. Give him a year in an NFL training program with more time to watch game film and perfect his technique.

He isn't the concern though. It is really Wagner. That guy has been ROUGH at RT. Not sure how a vet with a proven track record just all of a sudden sucks donkey balls. Also, I am not really sold on Glasgow either. He's OK but certainly not special. I would say Raiola was considerably better than him.

With Wagner or any player switching schemes can go two ways. So you can like Ebron or look like Wagner. Dahl is not the answer and didn’t see the Duck long enough. Nice cap room can be made with minimal dead money with Wagner.

Raiola was a POS human and a weak blocker but made great line calls. That was his strength IMO.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stats are always a bit misleading. 2 games vs Vikings and Bears and 1 vs Rams. Thats 5 games vs arguably the 3 best front 7s in the NFL.

Stunts in Vikings game opened up a free man on 2/3 of the sacks.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The scary thing to me is that Quinn may very well have to take ANOTHER OL with the top ten pick in the draft. Just to replace Wagner or Lang. I would hate for him to pass on all this defensive talent in this years draft.

You can also get a solid true RT mid rounds or a LT with footwork to be a swing T.

I don’t care if it’s in the draft or FA. They need a gotdang TE that can block. That’s block, so that’s not a early pick. With four picks late, that’s doable.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well the fact I see Bears, Eagles, and Rams making noise in the coaches second season and new coaches with Colts and Titans showing huge promise. I’d say Fat Pat and BQ have to deliver for me next season. The parity of NFL has created quick turnovers not 3-5 year rebuilds.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice cap room can be made with minimal dead money with Wagner.

sorry man, but 2019 is a NO GO dumping Wagner. His cap hit is 11.9M and his Dead Money in 2019 would be 8.7M leaving ONLY 3.2M in cap savings. You ride his ass 1 more year and it's about 50/50 split in dead money and cap savings in 2020 with 5.8M dead money and 6.1M in cap savings.

maybe you were talking about 2020 for cutting him, idk.

post June 1st cut not included above

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t care if it’s in the draft or FA. They need a gotdang TE that can block. That’s block, so that’s not a early pick. With four picks late, that’s doable.

re-sign Levine Toilolo, imo. He's not perfect but he did pretty damn good most of the time.

Besides, Prater will be taking over at QB by 3rd or 4th game of 2019 regular season and then it's on to ?????

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 8-9 games I got to watch this year he sucks balls in pass pro. He can and will be a road grader if left at LG imo. At C he will still be a great run blocker, but used more with double teams and chips before going to second level. I’d prefer to see a move to C unless he can improve his pass pro.

Same here. I was hoping Ragnow would be the C and Glasgow the LG but it didnt pan out that way. Maybe they didnt want to overwhelm the rookie in first year.