• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Starting Defense

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So today at practice Champ Bailey and Duke Ihenacho were in full pads and I think full participants. So for the first time all season we might actually have our starting defense on the field! I think Ihenacho will definitely start but not sure on Champ of whether they will ease him in or not.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh on a sadder note but expected Manning was not practicing today. Del Rio had said earlier he would give him a couple of days off so kind of expected.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly thought Champ was gonna be out the rest of the year after re-aggravating his foot. I like our CB situation as is now, but it'd be nice if he was available down the stretch.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So today at practice Champ Bailey and Duke Ihenacho were in full pads and I think full participants. So for the first time all season we might actually have our starting defense on the field! I think Ihenacho will definitely start but not sure on Champ of whether they will ease him in or not.

Bailey was limited in practice today. Sounds like it's still up in the air as to whether or not he plays.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bailey was limited in practice today. Sounds like it's still up in the air as to whether or not he plays.

Yeah sorry read that after I typed this that he was still limited yesterday. Wouldn't be too shocked if he missed another game or two. Maybe the next Chiefs game is a good aim to see him back on the field.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah sorry read that after I typed this that he was still limited yesterday. Wouldn't be too shocked if he missed another game or two. Maybe the next Chiefs game is a good aim to see him back on the field.

He probably would be better off if he wasn't 100% to keep sitting. After all, besides Charles, who do the Chiefs have really that they can give the ball to? McGrath? Bowe is just a high priced decoy.:noidea:

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He probably would be better off if he wasn't 100% to keep sitting. After all, besides Charles, who do the Chiefs have really that they can give the ball to? McGrath? Bowe is just a high priced decoy.:noidea:

Bowe is having a bad season, but you can't sleep on him. He can have a breakout game at any time and we don't want that game to be against the Broncos.

I have a feeling with all the talk about how good the Chiefs defense is the Broncos defense is poised to play their best game of the season. I've said a few times I love reading the "analysis" at Arrowhead Addict and a lot of their writers are still saying the Broncos defense isn't any good. Maybe they should watch the last two games before making comments like that.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree if the Broncos can contain Charles and make other players on the Chiefs have to beat them then it is going to be a long day for the Chiefs offense. I think the Broncos can definitely do that and I can see this defense having their best game of the season with holding the Chiefs to 17 or less points.

I also think Von Miller is going to have a field day as well as Knighton coming up the middle. The right side and middle of that Chiefs OL has been horrible so far this season and that seems to be where our strengths are on the DL.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowe is having a bad season, but you can't sleep on him. He can have a breakout game at any time and we don't want that game to be against the Broncos.

I have a feeling with all the talk about how good the Chiefs defense is the Broncos defense is poised to play their best game of the season. I've said a few times I love reading the "analysis" at Arrowhead Addict and a lot of their writers are still saying the Broncos defense isn't any good. Maybe they should watch the last two games before making comments like that.

I think DRC is more than capable of keeping Bowe in check.

There is a LOT of speculation that the KC defense has been "taking it easy" the past few weeks in preparation for this week. They're saying they played vanilla defense on purpose against the Bills and Browns so that they didn't "give anything away" for the Broncos. They're also saying the offense has been doing the same thing all season. Ummm....really???

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think DRC is more than capable of keeping Bowe in check.

There is a LOT of speculation that the KC defense has been "taking it easy" the past few weeks in preparation for this week. They're saying they played vanilla defense on purpose against the Bills and Browns so that they didn't "give anything away" for the Broncos. They're also saying the offense has been doing the same thing all season. Ummm....really???

So if that is true then have coaches been doing that with Alex Smith his whole career because he is playing exactly like he did in San Fran? Man that must stink that coaches hide his true potential for so many years just so when he really needs to in the big games all of a sudden show up.

Now when it comes to the Chiefs defense I guess we shall see what happens but usually as the season wears on teams begin to figure out little things here and there that teams tend to do. Kind of like when we had the Tebow ran offense it worked for a few weeks but once teams especially were playing us a 2nd time (like the Chiefs and Patriots) they completely stopped it. I can see the same with the Chiefs defense in teams are figuring out where a few holes are. Couple of those in the Bills game that really stuck out to me were the Chiefs were struggling some with the play action deep double move post route. Peyton loves running this play so to me I think the Broncos try this one early on. If it connects that could be a huge turning point in this game. The other is running off tackle. 3-4 defenses struggle with off tackle runs and the Chiefs are no exception to that rule. The Broncos have been adding this off tackle run a lot more to the offense so I can see the Broncos having quite a bit of success with this.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as Denver D jams and plays tight between the line of scrimmage and the 25 yd line, the Chiefs and Smith/Charles are in trouble imo. Containing the likes of Bowe ( #2 wr on team with unimpressive stats) and the # 1 wr is.....wait for it....Donney Avery!!!. If our dbs can`t shut those two down, I`ll be shocked. Play tight, limit Charles and Denver D should put a hurt on KC off. Now on the other side of the ball, I`am a little more worried. Forced turnovers, field position and special teams will be big factors in this game. Denver needs to win those battles and they should come away with a dominating victory!!!!

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as Denver D jams and plays tight between the line of scrimmage and the 25 yd line, the Chiefs and Smith/Charles are in trouble imo. Containing the likes of Bowe ( #2 wr on team with unimpressive stats) and the # 1 wr is.....wait for it....Donney Avery!!!. If our dbs can`t shut those two down, I`ll be shocked. Play tight, limit Charles and Denver D should put a hurt on KC off. Now on the other side of the ball, I`am a little more worried. Forced turnovers, field position and special teams will be big factors in this game. Denver needs to win those battles and they should come away with a dominating victory!!!!

Hopefully since the game is in Denver, we will not see Holliday try to bring it out from 9 yards deep again. Was more than frustrated last week watching him only get to the 15 yard line or so last week.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully since the game is in Denver, we will not see Holliday try to bring it out from 9 yards deep again. Was more than frustrated last week watching him only get to the 15 yard line or so last week.

You and me both. Honestly as big of a big play guy that Holiday is I am starting to get a little more tired of what he brings to the table. I think he has gotten a little too over-confident in his abilities and takes more chances than he needs to. This Bronco offense is the best in the NFL through 9 games in history. We don't need to always have the big return to score or for him to play hero. Against the Chiefs defense they thrive on the possibility of pinning offenses deep in their own territory and making them go the length of the field. We don't need to help them out in that category with Holiday being stupid.

His fumble in this last game is exactly what I fear will happen in the playoffs at some point to cost us a game. Yes his play last year helped us tremendously in the playoffs but just as much as he can help a team he can destroy a team as well. I guess for me it boils down to I trust Peyton a whole heck of a lot more than I do Holiday to help bring us to victory.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and me both. Honestly as big of a big play guy that Holiday is I am starting to get a little more tired of what he brings to the table. I think he has gotten a little too over-confident in his abilities and takes more chances than he needs to. This Bronco offense is the best in the NFL through 9 games in history. We don't need to always have the big return to score or for him to play hero. Against the Chiefs defense they thrive on the possibility of pinning offenses deep in their own territory and making them go the length of the field. We don't need to help them out in that category with Holiday being stupid.

His fumble in this last game is exactly what I fear will happen in the playoffs at some point to cost us a game. Yes his play last year helped us tremendously in the playoffs but just as much as he can help a team he can destroy a team as well. I guess for me it boils down to I trust Peyton a whole heck of a lot more than I do Holiday to help bring us to victory.

I have gone from excitement at kickoffs and punts to trepidation. My initial thoughts are always "I hope Holliday won't fumble this one away." I also want to see him get away from the freaking punt if he is not going to field it. Don't hang around where an awkward bounce can make it a live ball.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have gone from excitement at kickoffs and punts to trepidation. My initial thoughts are always "I hope Holliday won't fumble this one away." I also want to see him get away from the freaking punt if he is not going to field it. Don't hang around where an awkward bounce can make it a live ball.

He has the talent to be one of if not the greatest return men in NFL history but the common sense sometimes of a pile of mud. Remember earlier this year where he decided to be right next to the ball waiting for the other team to come and down it only to have one of them try to pick him up and throw him into the ball? Why are you anywhere within 20 yards of that ball at that point?

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am with you guys on Holliday and the turnovers in general. Holliday should just play this one conservative. The team doesn't need him taking risks. Don't field punts inside the 10! Just let it bounce into the end zone. Don't run the ball out from the back of the end zone!

As for turnovers, the team has got to get that reigned in. Last week they had just one, but the Chargers put their first TD on the board off of it. I had been loosely keeping track of the points scored off of turnovers and it's an insanely high number. The Chiefs are good at forcing turnovers and getting defensive plays. If the Broncos take this away from them, this game could shape up to be a blow out win for the Broncos.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for turnovers, the team has got to get that reigned in. Last week they had just one, but the Chargers put their first TD on the board off of it. I had been loosely keeping track of the points scored off of turnovers and it's an insanely high number. The Chiefs are good at forcing turnovers and getting defensive plays. If the Broncos take this away from them, this game could shape up to be a blow out win for the Broncos.

Couldn't agree more. You take away the chiefs' opportunities from turnovers and this games gets to be very one-sided. I doubt the chiefs offense will do much against our defense so limiting turnovers will go a long way to sealing this game up.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am with you guys on Holliday and the turnovers in general. Holliday should just play this one conservative. The team doesn't need him taking risks. Don't field punts inside the 10! Just let it bounce into the end zone. Don't run the ball out from the back of the end zone!

So you're saying you'd rather be pinned down at the 2 yard line? I ask because many of those balls would not make it into the endzone. Personally, I'd rather he field a punt with the chance of increasing our field position. True, he does need to be smarter back there, but don't take his biggest weapon out of the game completely. Watching this kid for the past couple seasons, he's definitely helped us win more games than he's caused us to lose.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying you'd rather be pinned down at the 2 yard line? I ask because many of those balls would not make it into the endzone. Personally, I'd rather he field a punt with the chance of increasing our field position. True, he does need to be smarter back there, but don't take his biggest weapon out of the game completely. Watching this kid for the past couple seasons, he's definitely helped us win more games than he's caused us to lose.

Sometimes you will get pinned, but most often when you are inside the 10 the ball is going to bounce into the end zone. Of course, if he's got room to run catch the ball and go for it. But with little room to run fair catch on the 10, let it go inside the 10. I'd rather see the offense pinned than risk a muffed pint and the defense out there defending a 5 yard field.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's always a tough decision to make for a punt returner and you are right. He needs to be smarter about it, but it is not easy to make a good decision with gunners coming at you.

Experience and good coaching is the only thing that is going to help him make better decisions.

And hopefully he fumbles less as he gains experience. Can't be unrealistic and expect him to never fumble again.

I agree that his big play ability far outweighs the turnover possibility. Hopefully he gets better.