• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Star Wars: The Mandalorian

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JJ had to bring Papa Palpatine and all kinds of Dark Empire call backs to re-get people's attention.

Not only that but they just completely killed the lore post-ROJ. I thought TFA as a movie was fine but I wasn't a fan of what they did with the canon and TLJ just killed that even more.

I liked TFA, it wasn't perfect, but it was solid.

But what TLJ did to Luke is unforgivable. As bad as what The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull did to Indiana Jones (Watch South Park's take on that one) and Lucas wasn't even involved.

I'll see ROS, but my expectations have never been lower for a movie in a franchise that I grew up loving.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry. I should be more considerate of the lead character, Rey, a woman who somehow has more ability than both of my favorite Jedi, (two men named Obi-Wan and Luke) combined with zero training. Women > Men, it's a fact!

Yah.. but they could've at least picked someone with bigger ti-

hqdefault.jpg

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah.. but they could've at least picked someone with bigger ti-

hqdefault.jpg

She's gorgeous, so I am not complaining about that. In fact, it probably is an advantage in a lightsaber fight or any other action to not be too top-heavy.

Just the idea of her being better than any Jedi or Sith that has ever existed (aside from maybe Exar Kun) is absurd.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostly boring.
Acting bad (like Star Trek Voyager bad)
Music is TERRIBLE.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry. I should be more considerate of the lead character, Rey, a woman who somehow has more ability than both of my favorite Jedi, (two men named Obi-Wan and Luke) combined with zero training. Women > Men, it's a fact!
I never minded having really good staff training (you pretty much have to be good at self-defense to survive alone on a world like that, probably even more so as a woman) but I absolutely hate how she's faced no real challenges or character flaws. I was never huge on Anakin being the whole prodigal son-type but even with that we saw him go through trials and have major failings. Never mind how she's an absolute goddess with the force almost from day one.

Characters who are just all-around perfect are just not interesting.

I liked TFA, it wasn't perfect, but it was solid.

But what TLJ did to Luke is unforgivable. As bad as what The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull did to Indiana Jones (Watch South Park's take on that one) and Lucas wasn't even involved.

I'll see ROS, but my expectations have never been lower for a movie in a franchise that I grew up loving.
I'll admit Disney suckered me in. If there were no Palpatine and a bunch of callbacks to Return of the Jedi and Dark Empire my interest would be substantially lower.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Episode 3 was the best out of the 3 so far. Wish they would release it all instead of an episode every Friday

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Episode 3 was the best out of the 3 so far. Wish they would release it all instead of an episode every Friday
They Probably want people to stay past the free trial.

I am jonesing for more.

3gq7la.jpg

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They Probably want people to stay past the free trial.

I am jonesing for more.

3gq7la.jpg

Yeah I'm sure that is playing into it. Rat bastids

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like the weekly release. It's easier to read all the reactions and discuss with friends and others. It makes it an event. You don't get that with binge releases like most streaming services do. Everyone just watches at the own pace. Hard to talk about it with people when one guy has seen them all, one guy is still on episode 2, and the other won't watch the series for another 2 weeks.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the weekly release. It's easier to read all the reactions and discuss with friends and others. It makes it an event. You don't get that with binge releases like most streaming services do. Everyone just watches at the own pace. Hard to talk about it with people when one guy has seen them all, one guy is still on episode 2, and the other won't watch the series for another 2 weeks.

Good point but I hate being left "wanting for more". I'm greedy. I totally get why they are doing it however

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched the first episode. The writing is about what I would expect out of an okay Star Wars video game. Whole episode felt like it was out of a video game too which makes me think this might have just been better as an animated show or a straight up video game.

Overall just wasn't really great but I like Star Wars enough that I'll keep giving it a shot.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The score is like reject tracks from Rocky movies... especially ironic since Carl Weathers stars.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another solid episode today

Solid, but the weakest of the bunch I felt. They sorta rushed through everything. It was like they condensed Seven Samurai down to 25 minutes

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked this episode. I wonder if we'll learn how those raiders got the AT-ST. And what was with the red eyes? Was that an indication that it was converted into a droid?

I see a lot of people (not on here) calling this episode filler. I don't see it as filler at all. We were introduced to 3 new characters that we'll definitely see again, and although it was rushed we got to see them develop relationships with the Mandalorian and "Baby Yoda". Pretty sure this was all a set up and that he'll eventually need to go back to save them from some other threat. My guess is that the guild will use them as bait.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyways I’m going to check it out. Looks better than the SJWars junk they’ve been throwing out lately.
Don’t bother. You’ll only make it to episode 4 before your masculinity will feel threatened and you’ll have to bail.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of funny how when the Mandalorian was about to pawn Baby Yoda off on that lady and she agreed to raise him as one of her own, that he didn't bother to tell her that she and her daughter would likely be raising him for the rest of their lives.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t bother. You’ll only make it to episode 4 before your masculinity will feel threatened and you’ll have to bail.

Only took them 4 episodes to screw it up eh? Not surprised.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched the first episode. The writing is about what I would expect out of an okay Star Wars video game. Whole episode felt like it was out of a video game too which makes me think this might have just been better as an animated show or a straight up video game.

Overall just wasn't really great but I like Star Wars enough that I'll keep giving it a shot.
Well, changed my mind after episode 2. This is just not a good show. Can't do it. Baby Yoda is annoying and the writing is like Cartoon Network level dumb. I feel like I'm watching worse Dragon Ball Z.