• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Star Wars Episode 7: The Force Awakens (2015)

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't read any of the expanded stuff, but I heard part of Plagueis' legend was that he found a way to cheat death.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't read any of the expanded stuff, but I heard part of Plagueis' legend was that he found a way to cheat death.
Right, which is why I wonder about how Sidious killed him. Cut him up with a lightsaber, poison, smothered him? Although in the EU Darth Maul comes back even though Obi Wan cut him in half. :pound:

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know, I've never read or asked this but, in what fashion did Sidious kill Plagueis? All I've ever heard is that he killed him in his sleep.

The night that Palpatine was voted Chancellor him and Plagueis decided to celebrate and Palpatine got him drunk and he passed out. While asleep Palpatine used force lightening to kill him.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The night that Palpatine was voted Chancellor him and Plagueis decided to celebrate and Palpatine got him drunk and he passed out. While asleep Palpatine used force lightening to kill him.
So in theory, he could still be alive considering his ability to cheat death. Although you would think Sidious would have somehow accounted for that.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in theory, he could still be alive considering his ability to cheat death. Although you would think Sidious would have somehow accounted for that.

Well in the book it says he used the force lightening over and over and over till nothing of his life force was noticeable. Almost like he burned him to ashes.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can completely disregard the book altogether though. They're creative enough to come up with any kind of explanation for him fooling Palpatine in the past. I think it would be cool to have a character with some backstory mixed in with Kylo Ren and Phasma who are completely original.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can completely disregard the book altogether though. They're creative enough to come up with any kind of explanation for him fooling Palpatine in the past. I think it would be cool to have a character with some backstory mixed in with Kylo Ren and Phasma who are completely original.

Yeah, I think they'll stick to worrying about the continuity of the movies. In doing so, they could potentially revive Plageuis.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think they'll stick to worrying about the continuity of the movies. In doing so, they could potentially revive Plageuis.
Why stop at Plageuis? They could revive Palpatine.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clones? ala the EU?
If Plageuis found a way to defeat death, as did Obi-Wan, why not the most ambitious of all the Sith? I have only read a few of the books, and all YEARS ago, so I really don't remember enough about them to really get into the details.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why stop at Plageuis? They could revive Palpatine.

Oh they could do that for sure, although I get the impression they really want to push the story towards the new characters. I think that will include villains we haven't seen before, although they will apparently include Anakin/Vader somehow.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a history dating back 25,000 years of story line and if they are going to aggressively make changes I hope they keep it in the future, and not in the past. Bringing back old characters that have died off is just gonna piss me off and I can't be pissed off at Star Wars. Jar Jar Binks didn't fucking bother me. He was a total fef character but I looked passed that shit. Obi-Wan saved the prequel trilogy for me. His character was stout and complimented by all those around him.

I am very exciting about the spin offs though. The possibilities of spin off movies is so amazing and there is so much potential with many great novels out there that these fef directors need to look at. Starting with Bane and Raven. Embrace the Dark Side! I'll guarantee the first spin off movie that focuses on the dark side is going to rival Empire.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh they could do that for sure, although I get the impression they really want to push the story towards the new characters. I think that will include villains we haven't seen before, although they will apparently include Anakin/Vader somehow.

Vader will appear in Rogue 1, which takes place between Episodes 3 and 4, telling the story of how the rebels stole the plans for the Death Star. That leads right into A New Hope so Vader is still alive for that story.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bringing back old characters that have died off is just gonna piss me off

Couldn't agree more. Although, the only exception IMO would be Vador somehow. That'd be bad ass but how they'd work that into the new trilogy is a mystery. I said before, Dath Plageuis would make the most sense as far which sith lord is behind the awakening but we'll have to wait and see. For all we know they could make up a whole new character. I mean, they are rewriting the Star Wars universe right? Can't wait to see.