• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stanley Cup Finals - (1) Vancouver Canucks vs (3) Boston Bruins

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positives for both teams...

Boston: Played right with Vancouver most of the game, had a good chance at a win on the road and still can split after game 2 which is all you want for the road team in the first set of games, they can/will find more offense as the series goes on

Vancouver: Ran up against Tim Thomas when he was red hot and still came away with the win, defense was very solid - most shots allowed were low percentage shots, carried the play a little better and had higher quality scoring chances

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
She kept asking for odd liquors, even the bartender was cracking on her.
pffft.... high maintenance :drama:

Ryan Whitney tweet:
Bruins are in trouble. I think Van knows they didnt even play close to their best game and still won. If they win Sat night it's over.

true ... i dont think Vancouver played a full 60 ... even though no one wants to hear it the rust was there
could be my biased ear, but I noticed in the post game interviews that Boston players were stating that they were generally pleased with their game, happy to know they could stay with the canucks, etc. While Canucks were mainly talking about the things they needed to fix, stepping up, etc.

Much like the SJ series, van was largely able to get into the slot with speed - there were about 3-4 close in tips (like the Torres goal), generated by a forward outskating the d to get there.

funny from Henrik: “It was good to feel that Chara's not a monster. I mean, he's good. But you can work him, you can make plays."
They did have a bit of success cycling (and even forechecking) against him.

I think Shanahan should make a statement right away,and give Burrows 1 game.
It's still Mike Murphy's call in the series. Shanny takes over in the summer.

a final note (SNET) - nice to see Dixon Ward's head has grown into his ears.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is a snapshot in time ... Bergeron was looking right at burrows when he initially put his fingers in his face ... and then kept them there

Ok, look at that picture. Can you tell me how Bergeron can see his hand in Burrows mouth with Burrows hand, arm, and the ref in the way? Both players were pushing back and forth trying to push each others face. there's no excuse for Burrows biting, none. That's all I'll say on the subject.

I gotta agree with Beantown here. Both guys were facewashing each other repeatedly and Burrows clearly moved/positioned his head to try to get Bergeron's finger in his mouth so he could bite it. Facewashing is pretty common in "pre-fights that won't ever actually be fights." And it's pretty hard to facewash a guy and NOT have a finger somewhere close to the person's mouth.

I think Burrows should be suspended for a game. But I agree with Jstew that the Horton incident casts some doubt upon this. This is another reason it's good that Colin Campbell is gone, but the NHL needs to be consistent on these automatic situations. If biting is a suspension, it happens EVERY time. If shooting water/throwing objects at fans is a suspension, it happens EVERY time. There are enough situations that are subjective and difficult to judge - don't muddy the easy ones by putting subjectivity into an objective situation.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and I cracked up at Bergeron's comment on "Bitegate."

I don’t want to start complaining about that,’’ Bergeron said. “I’m sure the league is going to do their job. I’ve got to concentrate on my game here. I can’t really worry about that stuff...

Very class. Well done, si...

"...Before we’ve seen some suspensions from guys..."

Well, so much for not...

"...I think Ruutu did that, and he got suspended. We’ll see.’’

:L

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kypreos:

#NHL it appears as of early today (pt) there will be no further discipline regarding the #Canucks Burrows/ #Bruins Bergeron incident.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kypreos:

#NHL it appears as of early today (pt) there will be no further discipline regarding the #Canucks Burrows/ #Bruins Bergeron incident.

didnt take long for this series to find hate. about 19 min and 57 seconds into the first period.

going to just get better.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didnt take long for this series to find hate. about 19 min and 57 seconds into the first period.

going to just get better.

Burrows seems to always get shit started with fellow Quebecois ... Bergeron ... Bouchard ... that kid playing ball hockey in the offseason a couple years back lol

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got a sneak peek at the Bruins trainers check list for game two:

Skates
Sticks
Gloves
Tetanus shot

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
lol....

canucks%2Bfans.jpg

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got a sneak peek at the Bruins trainers check list for game two:

Skates
Sticks
Gloves
Tetanus shot

lol.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did anyone catch nhl on the fly post game when they were talking Torres and how important he is to the canucks ... the hostess throws it to Kevin Weekes and he talks about how ever since he met torres in junior he was a difference maker and that when he makes a point to be consistent hes a force and "you saw what he can do in the Black hawks series in round 1" ... next comment ... Marty Turco

awkward
lol

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator: