• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stanley Cup Finals - (1) Vancouver Canucks vs (3) Boston Bruins

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do or die for the B's.

LETS GO BRUINS!

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need another B's blowout to help me catch Postmaster. Kaberle and Chara, I'm looking at you!

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I truly think there are still two hockey games left in this season...

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
lol...Hockey players are bilingual, they speak English and profanity.

- Gordie Howe

:rofl: I was checking out some Harry Neale quotes a couple days ago. Hockeys elder statesmen were comedic gold...

"I know the players don't like my practices. That's ok, I don't like their games."

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harry Neale is very funny - One of my favourites is the following:

"Last season we couldn't win at home. This season we can't win on the road. My failure as a coach is I can't think of any place else to play,"

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's "bitches" with a capital spoked B, baby!

GO BRUINS!!!!!!!

Thats what I'm talking about! Can't fucking wait for 8pm.

lgblg-text.png

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
fwiw, both were 5 min for interference and a game misconduct.
Chara - no supplemental discipline.
Rome - the harshest suspension in SCF history.

doesn't quite add up, until you look at the "Superstar" branch of the DGB suspension chart.

There were dozens of headshots, boardings, bitings, elbows, and blindsides in between the Matt Cooke entire Round 1 suspension and this Rome 4-game SCF punishment.

I don't really have a problem with either of the two bookend rulings there... but when you let everything in the middle go... it makes a subtle statement:

The NHL only comes down hard on players after their team's owner takes a public run at the good ol' boys running the league (Mario)... OR Sportcenter makes a HUGE spectacle of the League for dropping the ball on a biting suspension the game before the Rome hit.

To sum up... IMO, if you dont publicly embarass the NHL Regime, you will get off lightly.

I hope Shanahan scraps the whole past precedence routine and starts out with a clean even slate from here on out..
.... the fact that NO ONE had ANY idea if Rome would get even a fine, and then he gets 4 SCF Games.... joke joke joke. Fix it Shanny.

End my first main forums rant!!! Yay!!!!
:clock:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob Ryan from the Boston Globe: on Vancouver

The town is starved for a championship. For most of their existence there hasn’t been a pretense to even dream of a Cup. One game away, you think it won’t go down hard if the Canucks can’t pull this off? These people are ready.

Here’s what you see in Vancouver. You see signs saying THIS IS WHAT WE LIVE FOR. You see signs saying WE WANT THE CUP. You see signs saying GO CANUCKS GO, and you also can see these signs on the front of buses and even on a movie theater crawl.

Look, I know how badly die-hard Bruins fans want to win. But if it’s a caring contest, they will lose. In this country, hockey is the unofficial state religion. Bruins fans may want it. These people need it.

One more thing: This is Lord Stanley’s town, and his statue in the gorgeous park bearing his name currently sports a Canucks jersey. He is holding a replica Stanley Cup and a hockey stick. Unfair advantage?

Just so you know, eh?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Here’s what you see in Vancouver. You see signs saying THIS IS WHAT WE LIVE FOR. You see signs saying WE WANT THE CUP. You see signs saying GO CANUCKS GO, and you also can see these signs on the front of buses and even on a movie theater crawl.
In this country, hockey is the unofficial state religion. Bruins fans may want it. These people need it.

And THAT is why I think whoever wins tonight wins it all.

If this goes back to Vancouver, thats enough pressure on the Canucks to cause tectonic plate shifting :-)nerd:). They'll shatter every stick they touch from gripping too hard.

Game 6 decides!

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Nathan Horton waving the flag tonight?