• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stanley Cup Finals - (1) Vancouver Canucks vs (3) Boston Bruins

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That truly makes me sick. Rome is truly a piece of shit... I really hope his face gets caved in next season.

BlueandWhiteForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff, give the homerism a rest already. Chara's hit on Pacioretty earlier in the year was worse than Rome's yet you had the gall to say it was legal

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Jeff, give the homerism a rest already. Chara's hit on Pacioretty earlier in the year was worse than Rome's yet you had the gall to say it was legal

fwiw, both were 5 min for interference and a game misconduct.
Chara - no supplemental discipline.
Rome - the harshest suspension in SCF history.

doesn't quite add up, until you look at the "Superstar" branch of the DGB suspension chart.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

meh he can hate all he wants. its his team his player that was affected. I woudl rather Rome say nothing until after the finals not sure why he decided to speak up now. canucks need to put a filter on the team for the next 24 hours. there is hockey to play.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why don't you focus on the Leafs... Don't worry about my view. One could argue that maybe we wouldn't have won games 3 and 4 had Horton not been concussed. But then you could say maybe we would have won games 3, 4 and 5 with him. He was a huge loss. I'm not going to take a stab back at you because it isn't going to accomplish anything, I'm a fucking Bruins fan, what side do you expect me to take?

And Chara's hit was not as bad. Legal hit at an unfortunate spot on the ice.

BlueandWhiteForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't you focus on the Leafs... Don't worry about my view. One could argue that maybe we wouldn't have won games 3 and 4 had Horton not been concussed. But then you could say maybe we would have won games 3, 4 and 5 with him. He was a huge loss. I'm not going to take a stab back at you because it isn't going to accomplish anything, I'm a fucking Bruins fan, what side do you expect me to take?

And Chara's hit was not as bad. Legal hit at an unfortunate spot on the ice.

That's fine, but referring to Rome and other Canucks as being 'a piece of shit' is really getting tiresome.

Not as bad? Legal hit? He rode his head into the side of the glass. Anyone with an objective pair of eyes knew that was a dirty ass play.

Last edited by a moderator:

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine, but referring to Rome and other Canucks as being 'a piece of shit' is really getting tiresome.

Not as bad? Legal hit? He rode his head into the side of the glass. Anyone with an objective pair of eyes knew that was a dirty ass play.

Actually, is the a rule about checking players into stanchions? Because it's happened plenty of times. Chara's hit was late. Like Rome, I don't believe either was trying to hurt the player they checked. Chara should have been suspended where the late hit caused injury because that's the excuse the league gave for suspending Rome, but sorry BWF, we can't turn back the hands of time. I do think they were different hit's though. Chara and Max were both heading in the same direction, fighting for the puck. Horton was heading into Rome after passing the puck and was looking for a return pass when Rome moved up and hit him. Personally, I think Rome's hit was worse, and I'm not saying that as a Bruins fan. No stanchion and Max probably doesn't get hurt. There's no variable with the Rome hit. JMO

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice team icon too B&WF... lol

Curtrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Actually, is the a rule about checking players into stanchions? Because it's happened plenty of times. Chara's hit was late. Like Rome, I don't believe either was trying to hurt the player they checked. Chara should have been suspended where the late hit caused injury because that's the excuse the league gave for suspending Rome, but sorry BWF, we can't turn back the hands of time. I do think they were different hit's though. Chara and Max were both heading in the same direction, fighting for the puck. Horton was heading into Rome after passing the puck and was looking for a return pass when Rome moved up and hit him. Personally, I think Rome's hit was worse, and I'm not saying that as a Bruins fan. No stanchion and Max probably doesn't get hurt. There's no variable with the Rome hit. JMO

+1 for sound argument and another +1 for tone.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... guess I am just an asshole. :noidea:

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

you are exactly right. that's why they both got interference penalties.
Murphy very expicitly said if Rome's hit was 1/2 second sooner it would have been legal.