• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: STANLEY CUP FINAL: Los Angles Kings vs. New York Rangers

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Messier was on Mike and Mike this morning and just could not give the Kings credit for anything. He was saying how the Rangers just haven't played hard enough, etc.

When he was asked how you beat a goalie who is playing so well, he said that he didn't think Quick was playing all that well.

Mark Messier is a raging douche.

What a giant turd. Kings haven't been playing their best (game 3 was probably close to it), and are up 3-0 in the series. I think that says a hell of a lot about that team. You don't fumble your way into a 3-0 lead...it's not luck or an inferior team, it's playing realllllly good hockey.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey now, that shot was uncalled for. Of course, you're probably right, but still sheesh.

:D

Sorry I guess they figured Calgary would be a good matchup for any Eastern team. :suds:

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must admit I get a chuckle when I'm talking to Frank or Dennis from Bangalore when trying to get SAP support.

SAP is unsupportable

BTW I usually deal with Bob from Chennai he is much sharper than Frank & Dennis, you should ask for him

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a giant turd. Kings haven't been playing their best (game 3 was probably close to it), and are up 3-0 in the series. I think that says a hell of a lot about that team. You don't fumble your way into a 3-0 lead...it's not luck or an inferior team, it's playing realllllly good hockey.

It's absolutely at least partly luck. But when you're playing against a good (superior) team the reality is that you're always gonna be in bad shape without luck. They needed at least one of those overtime games.

Acknowledging that luck is a factor in every individual game isn't badmouthing anybody. In all honesty I think it shows a deeper understanding.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd think you'd be hard pressed to find a championship winning coach who would say they didn't get lucky at one point or another along the way.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's absolutely at least partly luck. But when you're playing against a good (superior) team the reality is that you're always gonna be in bad shape without luck. They needed at least one of those overtime games.

Acknowledging that luck is a factor in every individual game isn't badmouthing anybody. In all honesty I think it shows a deeper understanding.

Luck is absolutely part of winning a series, no doubt in my mind. My point was you don't get a 3-0 lead just on luck. A 3-0, especially in a Final, lead means you're outplaying your opponent, and that you're a pretty great team. Every champion has had luck on their side at one point or another, no doubt. My point is that it's the easiest cop out ever (not that Mess was saying that, but many others do this) to say it's all luck. It's like saying it's all on the refs...or that it's all the losing team playing poorly, and not the winning team playing well.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are saying Messier is a douche and a turd.....like it's news???????

mark-messier.jpg

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck is absolutely part of winning a series, no doubt in my mind. My point was you don't get a 3-0 lead just on luck. A 3-0, especially in a Final, lead means you're outplaying your opponent, and that you're a pretty great team. Every champion has had luck on their side at one point or another, no doubt. My point is that it's the easiest cop out ever (not that Mess was saying that, but many others do this) to say it's all luck. It's like saying it's all on the refs...or that it's all the losing team playing poorly, and not the winning team playing well.

I don't think I'd say that the Kings have definitively outplayed the Rangers so far this series. I think luck/general randomness are a big part of why the series is where it is. If I were a Rangers fan I'd be OK with getting the same kind of effort/game from them tonight as they played in the first 3 and seeing what result came of it. Obviously you always want better/more and they're at the point now where a good game but a little bad luck could mean the end of the series, but I'd take my chances.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dreger tweeting that AV unlikely to put Carcillo in for Game 4. Says most likely AV puts Richards on 4th line.

10 years ago, he won the Conn Smythe trophy, today he's a 4th line guy. Aw Shucks Ronnie won't be pleased.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,103.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kings win it tonight. celebrating in front of the ranger fans