• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: STANLEY CUP FINAL: Los Angles Kings vs. New York Rangers

RangersReds03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well good game Kings fans. The optimist in me is going to hope for the miracle. But the realist in me knows this Kings team is too good to lose 4 in a row.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Kings team is sincerely one of the best TEAMS, top to bottom, I've seen in a long time. There's been some good teams, but they lack a game breaker in net (Crawford's Hawks, Osgood's Wings).

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does Dragon come back and say how Quick is far from elite?

Why would one single game significantly change my opinion when there is a much larger body of work to judge? I mean I wasn't singing the praises of Gudlevskis in February, and he shut down a much better team than the Rangers.

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it must be absolutely devastating to win the cup one year and then only make the finals the very next year. I'm surprised there weren't mass suicides.

I've been on both sides of it. Getting swept by the devils was a lot easier to move on from then falling one game short of winning the cup. Doesn't matter how many cups you've won. It still hurts the same

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Kings team is sincerely one of the best TEAMS, top to bottom, I've seen in a long time. There's been some good teams, but they lack a game breaker in net (Crawford's Hawks, Osgood's Wings).

Some of those Avalanche teams with Roy in net were ridiculous.

RangersReds03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could see the excitement of the fans as they were leaving tonight. They know there is a good chance they will see the Stanley Cup Wednesday.

Futurama_fry_looking_squint2.jpg

You bastard.

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would one single game significantly change my opinion when there is a much larger body of work to judge? I mean I wasn't singing the praises of Gudlevskis in February, and he shut down a much better team than the Rangers.

Pretty sure the post stemmed from the best goalie tandem in the Stanley Cup Finals sooo.....

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been on both sides of it. Getting swept by the devils was a lot easier to move on from then falling one game short of winning the cup. Doesn't matter how many cups you've won. It still hurts the same

You know what seems tougher to move on from? Having never seen your team in a Cup final in your entire life. Then again I suppose I don't know for sure, since I've only been on one side of that.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure the post stemmed from the best goalie tandem in the Stanley Cup Finals sooo.....

Soooo.... what?

I still think that Lundqvist is elite, and Quick (while good) is on a lower tier.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Want me to look up only Finals stats between the 2?

I'm going to ask the same question I asked before. Why does an elite goalie, one of the best in the world, have only the 26th best SV% (among goalies with 50+ games) over the last two seasons? Either SV% is a very bad measure of goaltending performance or there has to be some external factor that isn't his fault affecting his SV%. Either way, I'll listen to the explanation if there is one.

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to ask the same question I asked before. Why does an elite goalie, one of the best in the world, have only the 26th best SV% (among goalies with 50+ games) over the last two seasons? Either SV% is a very bad measure of goaltending performance or there has to be some external factor that isn't his fault affecting his SV%. Either way, I'll listen to the explanation if there is one.

I will ask one question, who would you take in the playoffs .... Quick or Luongo?

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will ask one question, who would you take in the playoffs .... Quick or Luongo?

I'd probably flip a coin or maybe go with whoever had the recent history (who was "hottest" to end the season).

Are you going to at least attempt to answer mine sometime?