• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: STANLEY CUP FINAL: Los Angles Kings vs. New York Rangers

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
495520355-former-new-york-rangers-hockey-player-ron-gettyimages.jpg

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only did the Kings become the first team in NHL history to win 3 road game 7's to reach the Final, but they are also trying to become the first team in the West to win the Eastern Conference and the Cup in the same year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only did the Kings become the first team in NHL history to win 3 road game 7's to reach the Final, but they are also trying to become the first team in the West to win the Eastern Conference and the Cup in the same year.

Must have been the shirts they were planning on giving to the homeless

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Speaking of this, it would fit well in the "Target got got" thread

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait to win game 1 and show the world just how good this team is. Silence the doubters. If i'm a player, i'm taking every single bad thing said about us and hanging them in the locker room. Motivate us to prove them all wrong, idc how many game 7's on the road they've won. They blew a 3-1 lead to Chicago and needed OT to get past them. I'm not discrediting them for what they did. But to call our matchup last round a "JV" matchup compared to the "Cup" matchup in the West, is a big slap in our face.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I need that for my collection

BpJx3laIMAIrypn.jpg:large

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait to win game 1 and show the world just how good this team is. Silence the doubters. If i'm a player, i'm taking every single bad thing said about us and hanging them in the locker room. Motivate us to prove them all wrong, idc how many game 7's on the road they've won. They blew a 3-1 lead to Chicago and needed OT to get past them. I'm not discrediting them for what they did. But to call our matchup last round a "JV" matchup compared to the "Cup" matchup in the West, is a big slap in our face.

I'd wish your team luck, but I just can't do it.:D: As a So. Cal Native and an Isles fan if the Rangers win, it will be an EXTREMELY long Summer for me.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd wish your team luck, but I just can't do it.:D: As a So. Cal Native and an Isles fan if the Rangers win, it will be an EXTREMELY long Summer for me.

Well thanks.

I'm sure we'll cheat to win, our game plan is to run right into Quick.

I actually hope he's healthy for the whole series, it'll make hoisting the Cup that much sweeter at the end :D

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

personally im hoping to see more of this from you johnny....

Series over.

You can take it. This is embarrassing now.

We suck, can't get anything going.

Put us out of our misery tonight.

go kings....

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't really matter who wins. I just want everyone to be happy.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well thanks.

I'm sure we'll cheat to win, our game plan is to run right into Quick.

I actually hope he's healthy for the whole series, it'll make hoisting the Cup that much sweeter at the end :D

Injuries are a part of the game. The only problem I had with what happened to Carey Price is that Montreal didn't stand up to Kreider. The Kings aren't going to take any crap from anybody. Both teams want to grind it out, but we saw that offense wasn't a problem for LA against Chicago.

I view the teams even in goal. I give the Kings the edge on defense. I give the Kings the edge at Center. Sutter was only playing 9 forwards in OT of Game 7. So maybe the Rangers have an edge at wing, but with rookies like Taffoli & Pearson the Kings can more than hold their own.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries are a part of the game. The only problem I had with what happened to Carey Price is that Montreal didn't stand up to Kreider. The Kings aren't going to take any crap from anybody. Both teams want to grind it out, but we saw that offense wasn't a problem for LA against Chicago.

I view the teams even in goal. I give the Kings the edge on defense. I give the Kings the edge at Center. Sutter was only playing 9 forwards in OT of Game 7. So maybe the Rangers have an edge at wing, but with rookies like Taffoli & Pearson the Kings can more than hold their own.

And i'd give us the edge in net, and think our defense is a bit better than theirs. Doughty/Mac will be a wash, both tremendous players. Think our PK is better than theirs as well. Center? Most likely on their side, face-offs will be key. Need Stepan/Brass/Richie to step up, wont mention Moore since he has played well on the 4th line.

Quite honestly, I think we have more depth than the Kings.