• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stanley Cup Final: Los Angeles Kings vs New Jersey Devils: Game of Thrones

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the previous series really matter? How many times is the excuse for teams that haven't played as many games that they're "not hardened enough...too much time off" and when a team has played too may "they've run out of gas"...then those excuses change depending on the series. Once the Final is over you can look at the big picture, but it's impact on the current series could be argued in either direction.

I think you may be misinterpreting what i am saying.I'm not making excuses for the devils.In fact its quite the reverse I am proud of the devils.Regardless of the final outcome I will be extremely proud of this team.I hear an awful lot about how the kings breezes through a 1 2 and 3 seed and feel the devils deserve a little credit.As far as whether or not the path matters I have watched and played enough rivalry games and series to tell you it does.Playoffs are intense as it is when you throw a rival in it enhances that tenfold.It beats on you both physically and emotionally.We have several players fitting it out at well under 100 percent and for that I'm proud.IThis team has far surpassed my expectations and shown a ton of heart.Still haven't given up hope hoping they find their legs and can overcome the adversity.But the fact this team Hung in two games with a healthy well rested team has earned them my respect.LET'S GO DEVILS

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our resident Kings fans are quite humble/quiet lately. Most other fanbases would be running circles yelling and beating their chests. Good job guys :)

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you may be misinterpreting what i am saying.I'm not making excuses for the devils.In fact its quite the reverse I am proud of the devils.Regardless of the final outcome I will be extremely proud of this team.I hear an awful lot about how the kings breezes through a 1 2 and 3 seed and feel the devils deserve a little credit.As far as whether or not the path matters I have watched and played enough rivalry games and series to tell you it does.Playoffs are intense as it is when you throw a rival in it enhances that tenfold.It beats on you both physically and emotionally.We have several players fitting it out at well under 100 percent and for that I'm proud.IThis team has far surpassed my expectations and shown a ton of heart.Still haven't given up hope hoping they find their legs and can overcome the adversity.But the fact this team Hung in two games with a healthy well rested team has earned them my respect.LET'S GO DEVILS

I didn't mean to insinuate that you were making excuses, I was speaking in general terms. I was saying that in general, the path it takes to get to the Finals doesn't matter until you can look at the big picture.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't mean to insinuate that you were making excuses, I was speaking in general terms. I was saying that in general, the path it takes to get to the Finals doesn't matter until you can look at the big picture.

I was an art major and am an engineer.I tend to look at all the pieces as the picture forms.Didn't mean for anyone to take that wrong just trying to show an observation and show how proud I am of this team and their accomplishments.You know me pix I don't pound my chest :D

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our resident Kings fans are quite humble/quiet lately. Most other fanbases would be running circles yelling and beating their chests. Good job guys :)

Kinda like Flyers fans before the Devils series....loved sticking it to them

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was an art major and am an engineer.I tend to look at all the pieces as the picture forms.Didn't mean for anyone to take that wrong just trying to show an observation and show how proud I am of this team and their accomplishments.You know me pix I don't pound my chest :D

Nah, didn't think it was that at all. I just know a lot of people are trying to compare the teams path, and I just think it's irrelevant. You can look at stats and what not, but the teams played in the playoffs is such a crapshoot. How do you rank that? Regular season records? In that case the Kings have the hardest road...but I'm not sure that's true.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, didn't think it was that at all. I just know a lot of people are trying to compare the teams path, and I just think it's irrelevant. You can look at stats and what not, but the teams played in the playoffs is such a crapshoot. How do you rank that? Regular season records? In that case the Kings have the hardest road...but I'm not sure that's true.

Just watching the playoffs unfold I had a feeling the flyers and rags series would catch up to us.I gotta give Clarky credit he has been playing through an injury since early in the rags series and half the time it looks like he is one of few forwards on our team battling.Would like to see Sykora back in over JJ ,Larsson in for Harrold and Tallinder in for Daybreak or Greene but I doubt Deboer pulls the trigger.Some fresh legs could help and Tallinder and Larsson would be an upgrade on d

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wont matter, Marty lets in the weak ones

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watching the playoffs unfold I had a feeling the flyers and rags series would catch up to us.I gotta give Clarky credit he has been playing through an injury since early in the rags series and half the time it looks like he is one of few forwards on our team battling.Would like to see Sykora back in over JJ ,Larsson in for Harrold and Tallinder in for Daybreak or Greene but I doubt Deboer pulls the trigger.Some fresh legs could help and Tallinder and Larsson would be an upgrade on d

He'd be silly, down 2 games, to NOT make some adjustments with the lineup. Could've used Petr "King of OT playoff goals" Sykora the past 2 games.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wont matter, Marty lets in the weak ones

Marty has been great will never understand some devils fans.Said it on the devils board I'll say it againMost teams would be thrilled to have their goalie give up 1 goal in regulation.If your team isn't capitalizing on scoring chances its not on the goalie.If these people want to call people out on bad play they should be calling out our offense

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marty has been great will never understand some devils fans.Said it on the devils board I'll say it againMost teams would be thrilled to have their goalie give up 1 goal in regulation.If your team isn't capitalizing on scoring chances its not on the goalie.If these people want to call people out on bad play they should be calling out our offense

Cant, I'm too hard on Kovy :\

Last edited by a moderator:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even when the goal(s) let in are occasionally soft ones (which I don't really think they've been), the guy has made ridiculous saves as well. A mistake will occur every so often, but if the offense isn't putting up numbers in front of him, it's a moot point.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even when the goal(s) let in are occasionally soft ones (which I don't really think they've been), the guy has made ridiculous saves as well. A mistake will occur every so often, but if the offense isn't putting up numbers in front of him, it's a moot point.

Thats not how it works in NJ. Devils win because of defense but lose because of Marty. Hes also selfish and never gives credit to his teammates for shutouts

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chicago's local channels were talking about the Stanley Cup parade when they were up 2-0 in the Finals. :L

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats not how it works in NJ. Devils win because of defense but lose because of Marty. Hes also selfish and never gives credit to his teammates for shutouts

Can't imagine such criticism for the best goalie in the game. Possibly ever.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, come visit the Devils board...especially during a losing streak

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who ever wins the cup will deserve it. The team that does not win is still the 2nd best team in the NHL. That is not bad. Of course we as fans all want our team to win but when they get beat you should still be proud of what they and you as fans accomplished.

JMO

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over here in NJ, we never lose because the other team plays better....we only lose when we play like shit. And if you try to say otherwise and give the other team credit for playing better, oh man....you will have hell to pay