• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Stanley Cup Final - Florida Panthers vs. Edmonton Oilers

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hope the NBA finals takes all attention away from this fucking debacle of schedule for a Final. We would be half way through right now ... what a shitshow of a league.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hope the NBA finals takes all attention away from this fucking debacle of schedule for a Final. We would be half way through right now ... what a shitshow of a league.

Yeah, all the momentum and good vibes have dried up. Unless you're an Oilers or Panthers fan, it's tough to tune in especially when the weather is as nice as it is right now.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only Game 2 of the NBA finals wasn’t on Sunday...

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA went 7 days from the end of their last conference final to the start of their final, same number of days the NHL went from the end of the Oilers-Stars series to game 1 tomorrow.

All for giving the NHL shit but this is more to do with their broadcast partners and their schedules than anything. If the NBA had to do likewise it's hard to shit on Bettman & Co. on this one.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA went 7 days from the end of their last conference final to the start of their final, same number of days the NHL went from the end of the Oilers-Stars series to game 1 tomorrow.

All for giving the NHL shit but this is more to do with their broadcast partners and their schedules than anything. If the NBA had to do likewise it's hard to shit on Bettman & Co. on this one.
cant we just give them shit anyway

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want a good Stanley cup to watch.

I'm not sure how many games we'll get, but I think it goes at least six games. I have to think we're going to see at least one game where McDavid takes over and the Oilers prevail. I think we're going to see a very physical series though, lots of scrums and borderline dirty play. Tkachuk and Bennett remember the Battle of Alberta days, they'll be eager to get under the skin of Kane and Draisaitl.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how many games we'll get, but I think it goes at least six games. I have to think we're going to see at least one game where McDavid takes over and the Oilers prevail. I think we're going to see a very physical series though, lots of scrums and borderline dirty play. Tkachuk and Bennett remember the Battle of Alberta days, they'll be eager to get under the skin of Kane and Draisaitl.
i always thought my worst fear would be the Leafs winning the Cup..... but I do not dislike them like I used to. I even found myself pulling for them this year against Boston.

but I do know that one thing that will keep me off twitter and mute alot of people on FB will be when the Oilers win this thing.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oilers in 6. I dunno how they do it, defensively they don't seem that strong, but over and over again it'll be mid way through the game and their opponent will have like 7 shots on goal. That's a winning play, even with someone like Skinner in goal.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got one confirmed CA ref in Kozari in this series which should make it interesting. We also got a first ballot hall of famer in shithousery in Corey Perry and somebody who could get there in Marty Kachuk.

This series is gonna go off the rails halfway thru game one.

Oilers sweep easily again.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
We got one confirmed CA ref in Kozari in this series which should make it interesting. We also got a first ballot hall of famer in shithousery in Corey Perry and somebody who could get there in Marty Kachuk.

This series is gonna go off the rails halfway thru game one.

Oilers sweep easily again.
Perry won't see the same ice as tkachouk.
High risk of getting burned badly.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

Point of order, there are certainly more than two boobs associated with the Oilers.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty shitty considering the rink is so far from anything that you *have* to drive to it. But I guess it explains how their attendance is so bad in the reg season. Add 100 clams to every night out? No thanks. Parking here in the garage attached to the Arena is 20. If you are okay walking a bit, it's 10.

My company's parking garage is 3/4 of a mile from the front door, so parking is free for me.