• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Stanley Cup Final - Florida Panthers vs. Edmonton Oilers

All-Star Benchwarmer

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,979.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 365467

I've seen maybe 40 minutes total of the finals. I'd binge the finals, but I already know what happens. Thanks for the spoliers guys!!! I'm going to try to listen on SiriusXM tonight, but I'll be driving through the hills of Kentucky and Tennessee. My only hope to watch game 7 is that the ice melts tonight and the game gets postponed...

Oh snap!!! I may have checked out on vacation a little early. Next game isn't until Monday...

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about I hate the Oilers and always have?

Expecting me to cheer for a team I hate because they happen to be located in Canada is pretty fucking dumb.

Guess what Sid... I wouldn't root for the Leafs either.

Dome it. 2004.

I have been all in for Edmonton this whole Final( Key word). I just want the joke overwith and Lord Stanley TO COME HOME.

BACK IN CANADA WHERE HE DAMN WELL BELONGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Panthers!!

one one side it can come back to canada
on another side its edmonton
on another side its florida
on another side ts Draisaitl
on another side its McDavid
on another side its Luongo
on another side its historic that Edmonton can win this and take that last team to do it away from Toronto
on another sites its Edmonton that can do that.

I am having a problem picking a side as I am generally interested to see what happens to the Florida Franchise after choking away a 3-0 lead in the FINAL. Like they have to study that

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not look forward to the endless cycle of stories about how much a team of destiny the Oil are, how NibLoch is the greatest coach ever and how Gretzky isn't even qualified to carry McDavid's Coors Light. But the upside is they will give Skinner 10m and wind up with like 3/4ths of their cap tied up in like 5 guys. And they will extend Holland.

All I hope is that it's good, successful game with lots of opportunities for the league's betting partners.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not look forward to the endless cycle of stories about how much a team of destiny the Oil are, how NibLoch is the greatest coach ever and how Gretzky isn't even qualified to carry McDavid's Coors Light. But the upside is they will give Skinner 10m and wind up with like 3/4ths of their cap tied up in like 5 guys. And they will extend Holland.

All I hope is that it's good, successful game with lots of opportunities for the league's betting partners.
if I was a oilers fan I would not care as long as I had that one cup in my lifetime.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one one side it can come back to canada
on another side its edmonton
on another side its florida
on another side ts Draisaitl
on another side its McDavid
on another side its Luongo
on another side its historic that Edmonton can win this and take that last team to do it away from Toronto
on another sites its Edmonton that can do that.

I am having a problem picking a side as I am generally interested to see what happens to the Florida Franchise after choking away a 3-0 lead in the FINAL. Like they have to study that
For me it's simple - didn't fall into any of the "Canada's team" crap but the possibility of a team blowing a 3-0 lead in the god damn final is just way too good to pass up. It's just way too funny.

I'm sure we'll regret it shortly after but I hope Edmonton pulls it off.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me it's simple - didn't fall into any of the "Canada's team" crap but the possibility of a team blowing a 3-0 lead in the god damn final is just way too good to pass up. It's just way too funny.

I'm sure we'll regret it shortly after but I hope Edmonton pulls it off.
that is the main thing for me. I always love seeing teams come back from that 3-0 pit to win. its an incredible achievement and probably the ONLY way McDavid can separate his greatness away from Gretzky.

I honestly see a blowout tonight for the Oilers. they are going to come out harder than I think any team has seen.

or :)

they will get up 4-0 and lose 6-4 haha ..... both would be a glorious achievement.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If for no other reason then this whole "it's been since 1993 since a Canadian team has won the Cup": narrative dies lol
then the Canucks win it next year for back to backs :)

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then the Canucks win it next year for back to backs :)

Oilers win the Cup in 1988
Gretzky is traded to the Kings during the off-season
Flames win the Cup in 1989

Oilers win the Cup in 2024
Draisaitl traded during the off-season?!?
Canucks win the Cup in 2025?!?