• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Stanley Cup Final - Florida Panthers vs. Edmonton Oilers

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the tweak is a second McDavid to put on the ice when the first McDavid gets tired.

I'm going to try to find the tweet, but some Edmonton media fanboy (I think it might have been Jason Gregor, could have been Spector) basically said that Barkov wouldn't be able to shut down McDavid like he was able to shut down Zibanejad. Through three games, he's done pretty good in my eyes.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to try to find the tweet, but some Edmonton media fanboy (I think it might have been Jason Gregor, could have been Spector) basically said that Barkov wouldn't be able to shut down McDavid like he was able to shut down Zibanejad. Through three games, he's done pretty good in my eyes.
Which is precisely why Drai went headhunting.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draisaitl will be 29 in October of this year and is certainly slowing down in the skating department. He still is an elite passer and shooter, but the Oilers have a tough decision on their hands. Of course, maybe Leon wants to move on and will force his way out of Edmonton :noidea:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey Mike, did you know the Oilers down 3-zip in the series to the Pans?!?

mike-smith-oilers.png

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey Mike, did you know the Oilers down 3-zip in the series to the Pans?!?

mike-smith-oilers.png
so the oilers are in the finals for the first time in 30 years and the highlites of their alumni that they bring out are

Georges Laraque
and
Mike Smith

lol.. you have such a history of alumni, yet that is how you start your home stand.

It would be like the Canucks bringing out Dan Cloutier and Donald Brashear. holy crap bring out the best, unless they all said no lol

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a surprise that Sid doesn't get it - Most fans of other Canadian based NHL teams are not rooting for the Oilers, I don't know why this is such a tough concept for people to grasp.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so the oilers are in the finals for the first time in 30 years and the highlites of their alumni that they bring out are

Georges Laraque
and
Mike Smith

lol.. you have such a history of alumni, yet that is how you start your home stand.

It would be like the Canucks bringing out Dan Cloutier and Donald Brashear. holy crap bring out the best, unless they all said no lol

Just goes to prove that nobody wants to go to Edmonton

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a surprise that Sid doesn't get it - Most fans of other Canadian based NHL teams are not rooting for the Oilers, I don't why this is such a tough concept for people to grasp.

I have a friend who is a Red Wings fan and he lives in Muskoka. He’s trying to tell me that the whole country is pulling for Edmonton because Canada needs a cup badly.

I told him I think he’s crazy and he’s definitely in the minority

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a surprise that Sid doesn't get it - Most fans of other Canadian based NHL teams are not rooting for the Oilers, I don't know why this is such a tough concept for people to grasp.

Edmonton is a two trick pony that got to where they are on the backs of refs who made the last two teams that should have creamed them too afraid to hit anyone.

Florida isn't afraid and is showing what Frauds they are. Two bad mistakes and a freak deflection are 3/4th of their goals. Only one was what you would call "pretty".

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a friend who is a Red Wings fan and he lives in Muskoka. He’s trying to tell me that the whole country is pulling for Edmonton because Canada needs a cup badly.

I told him I think he’s crazy and he’s definitely in the minority

It's just a dumb narrative being bleated out by Rogers non-stop. The Oilers have plenty of fans in Alberta and Saskatchewan (some fans in BC although the majority are Canucks fans) and there are also Oilers fans sprinkled through the rest of Canada. That said, I know very few fans of other Canadian NHL teams that are rooting for the Oilers in this series, are them some, sure, but by and large, if you are a fan of a Canadian NHL team other than the Oilers, you want your team to be the one to win the Cup, not some other Canadian team.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, do Mets fans root for the Yankees in the World Series?!?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staples thinks the Oilers got goalied again last night - Bob made some nice saves, but the Panthers dominated the first 40 minutes and then the Oilers had a late push in the 3rd period. Shots on goal don't tell the whole story. Such a twit.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edmonton is a two trick pony that got to where they are on the backs of refs who made the last two teams that should have creamed them too afraid to hit anyone.

Florida isn't afraid and is showing what Frauds they are. Two bad mistakes and a freak deflection are 3/4th of their goals. Only one was what you would call "pretty".
I may even cheer openly for your team after this comment.

images

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staples thinks the Oilers got goalied again last night - Bob made some nice saves, but the Panthers dominated the first 40 minutes and then the Oilers had a late push in the 3rd period. Shots on goal don't tell the whole story. Such a twit.

you should have heard Gasdick talking about Bob last night.... it made me all think it was all "dusty" in that media room

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

to be fair <reported>

maybe he is talking about Skinner in a bad sense of "goalied"

also have you ever seen a goalie in a series talk as much after games as Skinner? Guy should just focus on the net.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There appears to be a lot of blame being dumped at the feet of Skinner, meanwhile the Oilers top 5 point guys (McDavid, Draisaitl, Hyman, RNH, and Bouchard) have yet to score a goal in this series.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to be fair <reported>

maybe he is talking about Skinner in a bad sense of "goalied"

also have you ever seen a goalie in a series talk as much after games as Skinner? Guy should just focus on the net.

They're going to run him out of Edmonton just like Dubnyk and Talbot.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

guy is absolutely clueless.