• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stalock out for the SEASON!

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :(

How will they survive without Alex Stalock?

It is a reality they began dealing with last night as Stalock listened to the game from a hospital bed one night after suffering a season-ending injury to the back of his left knee. With about 3 1/2 minutes to go in the third period of last night’s game here against Manchester, Stalock was stepped on by Monarchs forward Dwight King.

The diagnosis, according to the second-year goaltender, is a sliced nerve behind the knee. It will require surgery to repair, and Stalock is done for the season, although he anticipates being back for next year.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wonder if Sateri will get the call. He does not have to pass recall waivers where as Greiss would. Heemskirk as an emergency recall may be an option also.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointing for Stalock, but this is hardly a blow for the Sharks this year. Niemi has been playing much better lately and let's be honest, the starting job has been his to take all season. Even if he started playing crummy again, he was still gonna be the guy in goal.

Considering he is out for the season, it's nice that the Sharks were able to get him a W in his only NHL appearance this season.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This could be career threatening.dan blackburns career was ended fire to nerve damage

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Blackburn's injury was to his shoulder though wasn't it? What I've read coming out of Worcester so far is that the injury isn't very serious it just takes a lot of time to rehab.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Blackburn's injury was to his shoulder though wasn't it? What I've read coming out of Worcester so far is that the injury isn't very serious it just takes a lot of time to rehab.

Blackburns injury was his sholder, but out was nerve damage and he never regained full range of motion in it. the rangers also thought it was a minor issue as well

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Blackburns injury was his sholder, but out was nerve damage and he never regained full range of motion in it. the rangers also thought it was a minor issue as well

Blackburns nerve was nearly severed. At one point he couldn't even move his arm at all. Right now pending further examination Worcester is saying the nerve was barely nicked. It's enough to slightly limit his motion at this time but not enough to render the leg completely motionless like Blackburns arm.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nerve damage just sucks, and the fact it limited mobility in his leg when it happened is worrisome to hear. I'll believe its ok when he is back on the ice performing.

My understanding was that blackburn didnt go completely motionless with his arm, it to was limited. I read somewhere that the rangers also misdiagnosed it was well and that was part of the problem