• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stafford leaving Detroit

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see the offers. I would be shocked if SF offered #13. Is Allen worth a first round pick in trade value?
Washington must stay disciplined and not get involved in trade concerns involving Matt Stafford, unless they offer us the QB and other compensation for taking him off of their hands. If he goes elsewhere, Washington nor its fanbase must not get into the sorrowful mindset that they "missed out" on potentially getting this guy.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly they are saying he will be traded before the Superbowl
Uh-oh, I hope it's not to D.C., although if this is true, Washington is infamous for jumping into the fire wayyyyy too fast.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's mounting evidence that more mobile QB's are becoming the "norm" if there is such a thing in the NFL. When a guy like Heinicke can use his legs as he did to help spark Washington's offense as he did, others took note. There's no doubt that the growing list of potential free agent and previously untradeable QB's who will be involved in either release or trades exists because in part they don't have that extra ability to extend plays and run for chunks of yards when things break down. Don't get me wrong, there's still a place for the classic pocket QB, but the number of teams getting away from that mindset is growing.
Dual threat QBs is absolutely the way the league is heading. The passing game is becoming an extension of the running game. If you have a qb that can get out of the pocket and pick up a 1st with his legs or by passing off is a huge advantage. in fact, our offense calls for it. I like stafford and think he is better than anything we currently have, but if we are going to spend, go get Watson. If stafford is our only option, it needs to be a really good deal. I don’t see that happening.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington must stay disciplined and not get involved in trade concerns involving Matt Stafford, unless they offer us the QB and other compensation for taking him off of their hands. If he goes elsewhere, Washington nor its fanbase must not get into the sorrowful mindset that they "missed out" on potentially getting this guy.

there is a bidding war for Staffford. lol. Not the other way around.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes; however, the value is lowered because he doesn’t have those cheap rookie years of a draft pick.

If that is the case than a Stafford for Allen straight up deal would happen? I do that in a heartbeat. The money shouldnt mater b/c Detroit should have plenty of it.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's mounting evidence that more mobile QB's are becoming the "norm" if there is such a thing in the NFL. When a guy like Heinicke can use his legs as he did to help spark Washington's offense as he did, others took note. There's no doubt that the growing list of potential free agent and previously untradeable QB's who will be involved in either release or trades exists because in part they don't have that extra ability to extend plays and run for chunks of yards when things break down. Don't get me wrong, there's still a place for the classic pocket QB, but the number of teams getting away from that mindset is growing.
Are we one of those teams? Seems so since RR employed Cam, correct? If so, then why all the Stafford hype around here? Because he will come cheaper than Watson? I'm not really saying go get Watson, but... :scratch:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we one of those teams? Seems so since RR employed Cam, correct? If so, then why all the Stafford hype around here? Because he will come cheaper than Watson? I'm not really saying go get Watson, but... :scratch:
People love stability, most grew up with the notion that pocket QB's were the gold standard and at the time they were right. It's a different time and game now, the game especially with the rule changes that protect both QB and receivers necessitated a need for speedier defenders coming for the QB. This means either one of two things... a better offensive line or more mobile QB's. The trend is towards the latter. The Stafford hype comes down to comfort level and a reluctance to change.

Answers to your questions... Yes we are one of those teams. You make an objectively good point with the Rivera and Cam connection, I'll add Heinicke. Cheaper might be better in the short term but all things being equal, even that doesn't hold in the light of day. Stafford is 33 and is the 12th rated QB with little upside Watson 25 is the 4th rated QB who has yet to reach his zenith. I'm with you...:scratch::scratch::scratch:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that is the case than a Stafford for Allen straight up deal would happen? I do that in a heartbeat. The money shouldnt mater b/c Detroit should have plenty of it.
you might but maybe detroit wont

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think we can solve the QB position without having to give up Young, Sweat, Allen, or Payne. I want Stafford as much as anybody, but there is always Matt Ryan and drafting a QB high next year.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think we can solve the QB position without having to give up Young, Sweat, Allen, or Payne. I want Stafford as much as anybody, but there is always Matt Ryan and drafting a QB high next year.

I would prefer Ryan for free any day.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could probably get Ryan for a 2nd gkekoa.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am not sure you want ryans contract and his age is an issue

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Clayton and I heard it on the junkies....Stafford has his heart set on Indianapolis.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am not sure you want ryans contract and his age is an issue
I think there is a good chance he gets cut. 49 mil is a lot. He'd be a perfect fit as a bridge QB. You are right though, can't trade and take on that contract.