• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stafford leaving Detroit

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree on the 49ers giving up #13. They can get Lance with that pick or another impact player. I think our first gets it done. Stafford should want to come to the NFC East, easier path to the playoffs. Plus we have players to trade.
Lance is a project

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford or bust.

This takes up to the next level.
If there is any team that knows how hard it is to find a legit number 1 its us.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that 13-3 was all Jimmy G? No love for the 2nd best rushing attack in the the NFLthat year. Or a defense that was 8th in points allowed n either 1st or 2nd in pass defense n yards allowed that year. Cuz I can't front. Those numbers you put up make Jimmy G soud like he was half ass ballin 9000.

It's these numbers though, 11/19 131 yards 6..9 ypa 1 TD/1 INT 74.7 QB Rating against Minny in the divisional rd of the playoffs.

Followed by this gem. 6/8 77 yards 9.6 ypa 0 TD/0 INT weakest 104.7 QB rating ever against GB in the NFCCG.

Super Bowl results. 20/31 219 yards 7.1 ypa 1TD/2 INT 69.2 QB rating. Needed to make just 1 play that could've won the game, but terribly overthrew a wide open Emmanuel Sanders. Like he was Conor McGregor caught up in a Khabib chokehold. Unfortunately the running game which was damn good throughout the playoffs. And a defense that finally broke after holding KC to 10 points for 3.5 quarters couldn't bail him out again. And its probably why some Skins fans want nothing to do with Jimmy G particularly if it comes down to having to trade to get him.

Of course it wasn’t all Jimmy...but he was top ten in almost every category, and the team was number two in scoring.

I understand why some fans don’t want him. I don’t understand how they simply discount him as trash.

I understand how some would rather go after Jimmy (such as me), keep our picks and players, and give him a shot to solidify the QB position as we grow as a team.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it wasn’t all Jimmy...but he was top ten in almost every category, and the team was number two in scoring.

I understand why some fans don’t want him. I don’t understand how they simply discount him as trash.

I understand how some would rather go after Jimmy (such as me), keep our picks and players, and give him a shot to solidify the QB position as we grow as a team.
Jimmy G sucks so hell to the no on Washington trading for him

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Perhaps an even bigger reason to stay away from Jimmy is injuries. Sandwiching in that 2019 season are two seasons where he's missed 23 games, almost as many as he's played in, 25 games, the last 3 years.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps an even bigger reason to stay away from Jimmy is injuries. Sandwiching in that 2019 season are two seasons where he's missed 23 games, almost as many as he's played in, 25 games, the last 3 years.

Completely agree. Injuries are a concern.

For me,

I would rather go after FA Jimmy at around 20 million for 3 or 4 years but lose no picks

over

going after a Stafford two year rental, for multiple picks (including a definite first) and players, at 22 million each, and then being left with the decision in what to do with a 35 year old QB.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely agree. Injuries are a concern.

For me,

I would rather go after FA Jimmy at around 20 million for 3 or 4 years but lose no picks

over

going after a Stafford two year rental, for multiple picks (including a definite first) and players, at 22 million each, and then being left with the decision in what to do with a 35 year old QB.
Given the protection n coddling QBs are afforded now. Salary, diet, training. 35 isn't quite the number it used to be.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if a 2nd and either Allen or Payne would do it that's basically a 1st and 2nd round pick

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McLaurin would go bonkers with Staff throwing him the ball.

Logan Thomas already did without him.

It’d be a cakewalk to a division title if he stays healthy. I’m not even saying he’s an upgrade from Smith, cuz he really isn’t. But he’s just as good. And like Smith, he’s tough as nails.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford is 33 on February 7th, I would love to have him here but Detroit will have to sweeten the pot in order for Washington to take him. As trade value goes, his declaration to leave and the Lions' willingness to part with him, puts them in a desperate situation with a player who wants out and his team wanting him gone. If he's not released, then pass!

The smart thing to do is wait with respect to this player. If another team is willing to pay for a player who's likely to have been released, good for them!

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford is 33 on February 7th, I would love to have him here but Detroit will have to sweeten the pot in order for Washington to take him. As trade value goes, his declaration to leave and the Lions' willingness to part with him, puts them in a desperate situation with a player who wants out and his team wanting him gone. If he's not released, then pass!

The smart thing to do is wait with respect to this player. If another team is willing to pay for a player who's likely to have been released, good for them!
I don't think it's just they want to get rid of him they are about to go into full rebuild mode and in respect they are allowing him to be traded to a team that will contend in the playoffs and i don't think it will be to the highest bidder he will have control also on what team he wants to go to

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's just they want to get rid of him they are about to go into full rebuild mode and in respect they are allowing him to be traded to a team that will contend in the playoffs and i don't think it will be to the highest bidder he will have control also on what team he wants to go to
I get that, but it's public knowledge now that the team and Stafford have agree to part ways. If they are in "rebuild mode" then a decision will have to be made on what to do with him once they have replaced him, correct? This happens especially, if there are no buyers or reluctant buyers with their asking price. Detroit will either replace him soon and be forced to release him or keep an unhappy player around because there weren't any takers, or their asking price was too high. Smart GM's will know that their public admission put them in this precarious position. Most, if they are truly smart, won't make an offer for him, until after the draft.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first off no one would trade for jimmy g , he would be released if the 49ers got another qb

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An outright release might pose more problems far as a bidding war goes.
Agreed, but that plays into Dan Snyder's one known albeit ofttimes misguided, attribute...spending money! Of course that would also have a direct bearing upon Washington's cap guru and his/her abilities to make the numbers work now and in future seasons. Much better than spending draft capital or players.

The added bonus is, Stafford still has two years remaining on his 5 year contract signed in 2017. They will still owe him money and/or take significant cap hits, even if they release him. Here are the details and why they would love a trade instead of being forced to release him.

1611777309889.png

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stafford reminds me of someone else we had here which I'm not ok with going down that rabbit hole again. Can we not get a strong arm QB in here that can at least be mobile enough to help his oline? That's not Stafford.

Looking back on the TB game, TH used some David Blaine magic tricks to free himself from pressure on multiple occasions and even scored using his feet. Whoever that guy is, that is the guy I would like running things from under center for WASH in 2021-2022.

Just say NO to stiffs!!!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford reminds me of someone else we had here which I'm not ok with going down that rabbit hole again. Can we not get a strong arm QB in here that can at least be mobile enough to help his oline? That's not Stafford.

Looking back on the TB game, TH used some David Blaine magic tricks to free himself from pressure on multiple occasions and even scored using his feet. Whoever that guy is, that is the guy I would like running things from under center for WASH in 2021-2022.

Just say NO to stiffs!!!
There's mounting evidence that more mobile QB's are becoming the "norm" if there is such a thing in the NFL. When a guy like Heinicke can use his legs as he did to help spark Washington's offense as he did, others took note. There's no doubt that the growing list of potential free agent and previously untradeable QB's who will be involved in either release or trades exists because in part they don't have that extra ability to extend plays and run for chunks of yards when things break down. Don't get me wrong, there's still a place for the classic pocket QB, but the number of teams getting away from that mindset is growing.

Last edited: