• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stafford leaving Detroit

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Stafford has a choice on where he goes. Plus does he want an extension like Smith got when traded? Its funny how everyone hated Allen for trading for Smith and now Mayhew is probably going to trade for Stafford. The philosophy is the same trade for a veteran QB. I was in favor of the Smith moves back then and I m in favor for trading for Stafford now.
I wanted Smith, but he was a terrible fit for Gruden who likes to throw the ball down the field. That said, Smith was the best of the bunch around here for the last few years.

Stafford gives us everything Kirk gave us and more. Stafford will turn it over every now and then, but he will slice you up as well.

This team is a Matt Stafford away from being a 10-7, 11-6 team next year. Plus, I think the only way to get legit FA WR's to look our way is to make a move like this.

Not sure where Stafford's preference is, but I think we will have to outbid the Pats, Colts, 49ers....to name a few.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach ? Lose the locker room over TH ? But if you think we are winning a trade war without giving up the 19 ( or the 1st rounder in 22) I think you are dreaming .

Trading the injured Collins for a franchise qb ? Come on

Ironman or Allen or Collins or all plus. 2 3rd rounders ? So we are offering up 2 injured players and a 3rd ? . What the hell is that ?

This. Stafford will take a mid first round pick. There are 4 or 5 teams with playoff caliber rosters aside from qb. Even if Staff only has 4 years left thats 4 years of a top half of the league qbing.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Washington should trade for Matt Stafford. That's it. That's the headline.​

3H AGO
BY JP FINLAY
INSIDER
Stafford_M_USATSI_15391265.jpg

DC_WFTBkg%20%281%29.jpg

JP Finlay

INSIDER
Washington needs to try and work on a trade for Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford. Immediately.
ESPN reported Saturday that Detroit will work to move the 12-year veteran before what looks like yet another Lions rebuild, and the deficiencies at the QB position in Washington are well documented.
As a result of injury and ineptitude the team started four different passers in 2020, which makes the 7-9 division title that much more remarkable. Chase Young and the Washington defense had a terrific year, finishing in the Top 5 of nearly every major statistical category and catapulting Washington’s late season 5-2 record. If that defense gets matched with a consistent strong offense, Ron Rivera’s team could be a real threat in 2021. Of course, consistently strong offenses only happen with consistently strong QB play. Stafford could provide that. He’s thrown for more than 45,000 yards in his career, and last season went over 4,000 passing yards with 26 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. He has eight seasons with more than 4,000 passing yards, and in 2011 Stafford went over 5,000 passing yards. And he should cost much less than Deshaun Watson, another QB rumored to be on the trade block.
Let’s be honest, a Stafford move wouldn’t be as impactful as a Watson move, but it’s official that Detroit is looking to move the former No. 1 overall pick. There’s no assurance Watson will even get traded. Stafford turns 33 in February, while Watson will be 25 when the 2021 season starts. New Washington GM Martin Mayhew actually drafted Stafford back in 2009, and it’s possible he can pull the levers required to reunite with the QB in Washington. It’s not all sunshine and rainbows, though. Stafford has dealt with significant injury in the last few seasons. Every NFL team should be nervous, or at least wary, about trading for a quarterback with back issues. Washington will also have to deal with Alex Smith. If the plan is Stafford, then Smith is clearly out of the plan. Stafford is on the books for $33 million in 2021, though that cap number would likely drop in a trade, while Smith counts for $24 million. Those salaries, and each player's resume, won’t allow for both to inhabit the Washington QB room. Not to mention Stafford might want a new deal or contract extension to accept a trade. That isn’t enough to stop Washington from pursuing Stafford in a trade.

Smith has been an incredible leader for the Burgundy and Gold and is a legendary comeback story for all human beings. But a lingering calf injury/bone bruise late in the 2020 season served as a reality check toward his long-term prospects. And he’ll be 37 this spring. It’s a tough pill, but Washington can release Smith and recoup some cap savings. It’s a brutal move considering the comeback story, but football is a brutal business. Go get Stafford. He can help this team immediately and give Washington’s offense a serious spark. That, combined with a young, explosive defense, would change the tenor of the organization. Trading for Watson would be incredible, if he actually gets moved, but would cost a ton and other teams can put more attractive packages together than Washington can. Stafford will have plenty of interest too, but Washington should be able to compete. Ron Rivera said that fixing the QB position was the No. 1 priority this offseason. Stafford is the fix. Make it happen.

NBC.svg

Report: Stafford is available if Washington wants to gets him

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions might want a first, but that doesntmean that they’re gonna get it.

I wouldnt trade the Lions a first rounder for Stafford.
I’d trade them Collins straight up though. Even throw in a 4th rounder.

I can see that. If your the Saints, Colts, or Steelers you wouldnt give up a 1st? They are all win now teams. We might have to give up #19 to outbid them. Yes we have players to trade Collins, Allen, and others.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted Smith, but he was a terrible fit for Gruden who likes to throw the ball down the field. That said, Smith was the best of the bunch around here for the last few years.

Stafford gives us everything Kirk gave us and more. Stafford will turn it over every now and then, but he will slice you up as well.

This team is a Matt Stafford away from being a 10-7, 11-6 team next year. Plus, I think the only way to get legit FA WR's to look our way is to make a move like this.

Not sure where Stafford's preference is, but I think we will have to outbid the Pats, Colts, 49ers....to name a few.

i agree. I dont think the 49ers will give up #13 for him. I doubt Belickeck gives up his first. I think Colts, Steelers, and Saints would give up their first.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see that. If your the Saints, Colts, or Steelers you wouldnt give up a 1st? They are all win now teams. We might have to give up #19 to outbid them. Yes we have players to trade Collins, Allen, and others.
why the hell would the lions want collins with a torn Achilles ?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why the hell would the lions want collins with a torn Achilles ?

Im just naming some vets. Probably Ion man or Allen. Its very possible we will trade for him

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im just naming some vets. Probably Ion man or Allen. Its very possible we will trade for him
ionman is also injured , torn pec which plagued orakpo for years

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes skinsdad even tho Heinicke lost the players where so happy for him now if you throw him under the boss it can and could cause friction .. if Alex retires you bring in cheap vet and draft qb in 2nd or 3 rd rd. And go with Heinicke ,Alllen and the Qb you Drafted . If you plan on using draft pick for trade for a qb scout other teams back up. Mariota for 3rd ? Etc etc

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ionman is also injured , torn pec which plagued orakpo for years

Ionman and Collins are still good players with the injuries. cmon now.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Selling the future and risking losing Allen ,payne Sweat ,young do to cap isuues is bad

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach ? Lose the locker room over TH ? But if you think we are winning a trade war without giving up the 19 ( or the 1st rounder in 22) I think you are dreaming .

Trading the injured Collins for a franchise qb ? Come on

Ironman or Allen or Collins or all plus. 2 3rd rounders ? So we are offering up 2 injured players and a 3rd ? . What the hell is that ?

I didnt say that I thought the Lions would agree to trading Collins for Stafford.

Why would they?

I also threw in a fourth rounder btw.:D

Stafford is a very good qb, but he’s 33, and the question is how long is he going to play at a high level? Two years? Three?

Is the WFT less than two years removed from consistently competing for the super bowl?

Watson is the obvious big ticket qb target, but the price is prohibitive.

I dont think the cost outweighs the benefits of either qb, but especially for an older qb from a bad team who has had a fair amount of injuries, and its debateable how many good years he has left.

Just my .02

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colts or Saints might trade for Stafford, because they literally are just a qb away from competing for the super bowl.

What the Steelers do depends on Ben, but if I’m the Steelers, I’m thinking that Ben wasnt the problem - the defense was, and the lack of a consistent running game.

If the Saints trade for Stafford, then it is likely that Winston is released. He might be a free agent anyway. I dont know.

Perhaps the lasik surgery Winston had, plus some good coaching by Payton helped Winston become a better player.

I’d take a flyer on him too, if he became available.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RR is done with Cam in my Biden Voice Com on Man!!!

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RR throws cam out in Carloina then brings him back to Washington. lol some people are stupid

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For $20 million a year?

that’s not happening.