• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

St Marys

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't argue any non-power conference team getting a bid these days because it never happens anymore

but compared to other teams their resume doesn't have the road wins that a team like Mid Tenn State has

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@mr.hockey4242 is back and he is taking names.

Good to see, because i legit thought he died

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These guys are ranked every year too. Lol.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot about them

That was really bad too.

St Marys should be punished for their cowardly scheduling tho. Turned down many opportunities

Yup. Rumors are Rhode Island offered to play a home and home with Saint Mary's starting this year and Bennett said no. Also Nevada wanted to do a home and home and Bennett said he would play a one and done in Moraga. Assuming they win (which admittedly isn't a given) their resume would be looking a lot prettier with wins over Rhode Island and Nevada this year.

I want to see Saint Mary's left out, not because I don't like them, but I want to see them play someone worthwhile in the OOC. The whole banking their NCAA chances on beating Gonzaga thing is getting incredibly stale.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never understand why as a mid major team you wouldn't schedule a more difficult OOC schedule? This isn't CFB. You can schedule a harder OOC and still make it to the tournament.

Can't feel sorry for a team like St. Mary's.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Rumors are Rhode Island offered to play a home and home with Saint Mary's starting this year and Bennett said no. Also Nevada wanted to do a home and home and Bennett said he would play a one and done in Moraga. Assuming they win (which admittedly isn't a given) their resume would be looking a lot prettier with wins over Rhode Island and Nevada this year.

I want to see Saint Mary's left out, not because I don't like them, but I want to see them play someone worthwhile in the OOC. The whole banking their NCAA chances on beating Gonzaga thing is getting incredibly stale.

Heck, I heard that Rhode Island even countered with a neutral court instead of home/home. Heard 1 other team did too.

But exactly, can’t get carried by 1 win. Gonzaga challenges themselves in the non con. Follow suit.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool story.

I have yet to see a bracketology bracket that doesn't include St. Mary's in at least a play-in game for a 11 or 12 seed. I'm not saying they are a lock, but I believe they are currently in the tournament and they deserve to be there. Plus, they are gonna get a lot of help from bubble teams from the ACC, SEC and Pac-12.

But why are they in the tournament? I get that bracketology people are putting them in, but why do you agree with them? Because three wins over mid/low-major conference champions outweighs two losses to teams that were combined 11-25 in power conferences?

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their KenPom and BPI are both solid.

The bubble is just a question of preference at this point.

Do you want a team that has been totally mediocre but capable of blowing out a #1 seed? Arizona State.

Do you want a team that by virtue of playing home games in a tough conference has amassed a bunch of 'good' wins? The K State.

Or do you want a team that has blown out mickey mouse teams and has 1 good win (but a good win on the road) over a tournament contender?

That's St. Marys.

I personally would rather see St Marys in rather than a host of teams.

For the most part, I don't want to see any team that finishes in the bottom half of their conference or with a losing conference record in the NCAA tournament. With a few exceptions for teams like Notre Dame who were quite different playing with and without injured players and are now healthy.

I don't need to see Oklahoma who is 4-11 since Jan 15. I'd rather see teams like St Mary's who did well in conference even if their strength of schedule was weak. I'd rather see teams that haven't proven they don't belong instead of watching teams that proved they don't belong.

I'd like to see more teams like New Mexico State, Rhode Island, and Middle Tennessee State getting in

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But why are they in the tournament? I get that bracketology people are putting them in, but why do you agree with them? Because three wins over mid/low-major conference champions outweighs two losses to teams that were combined 11-25 in power conferences?

The biggest one is they only have 5 losses on the year. Losses against Washington State, Georgia and San Francisco are bad, yes, but the other 2 losses are against the 2 teams that played in their conference tournament title game. Their schedule wasn't tough, but they beat everyone like they should of aside from Washington State, Georgia and San Francisco. Usually, if you only have 5 losses you make the tournament. I also think they are much more deserving than a 13 loss Oklahoma or Syracuse team. At the end of the conference tournaments, they might have wins over 5 conference champions (Gonzaga, New Mexico State, UC Irvine, Harvard). They are also 16-2 in conference play, 25th BPI, 46th RPI, 2-1 against RPI top 50.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams like OU & Arizona State not handling business is likely helping St Mary's.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm always torn on these debates. I want teams,to schedule well but I also don't want teams to get in with 13 or 14 losses just because they managed to go 5-12 in games VS decent teams. Ultimately at the bottom of the bubble I trust the eye test and who I think would win if the 2 teams played right now. That's why Oklahoma, ASU, Bama would all be out if I were doing the brackets.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm always torn on these debates. I want teams,to schedule well but I also don't want teams to get in with 13 or 14 losses just because they managed to go 5-12 in games VS decent teams. Ultimately at the bottom of the bubble I trust the eye test and who I think would win if the 2 teams played right now. That's why Oklahoma, ASU, Bama would all be out if I were doing the brackets.

I agree

The issue is if you literally schedule nobody like St Marys tho. Like sack up and do 1 home and home at least

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree

The issue is if you literally schedule nobody like St Marys tho. Like sack up and do 1 home and home at least
Well they scheduled games with 3 teams who have recent tourney experience in Georgia, Cal and Dayton but of course it happens that none of the 3 are any damn good this year which was a bad break for them. I'm starting to get onboard with those that think 68 is too many teams. Going back to 64 would probably be just fine

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
St Mary's should be put on probation for losing to us

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they scheduled games with 3 teams who have recent tourney experience in Georgia, Cal and Dayton but of course it happens that none of the 3 are any damn good this year which was a bad break for them. I'm starting to get onboard with those that think 68 is too many teams. Going back to 64 would probably be just fine

Georgia game was in a tournament game. They wouldn't haven't played UGA if they had beaten Wazzu.