• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spurs vs Grizzlies WCF Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you have that little confidence in your team that you think Memphis will win 4 in a row with 2 of those being in San Antonio?

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess you were right Horns. Zbo got a little daylight but Pop threw in a new wrinkle to counter that. Congrats on the Spurs making the Finals unless Memphis makes history which i dont think they will. Pondexter playing good just further highlights how dumb they were to trade Gaye.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's simply called not getting ahead of one's self, punchline. some fans talk about victory AFTER they get it...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But this felt great great tonight. The Spurs once again were written off
Alright, I give up. Not going to argue it anymore. :suds:

I will say this: everyone WILL write you guys off against the Heat. (assuming you guys play the Heat)

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pondexter playing good just further highlights how dumb they were to trade Gaye.
I'm going to give up on the whole Rudy Gay issue being a great idea, too, though I think this was Memphis' ceiling with or without him. :suds:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to give up on the whole Rudy Gay issue being a great idea, too, though I think this was Memphis' ceiling with or without him. :suds:

They're better without Gay. His offense was disruptive to the overall team's offense. The problem lies in that they probably didn't get enough back or at least the right pieces back. Prince doesn't hit perimeter shots enough to help their spacing. Actually, they probably shouldn't have dumped Speights and Ellington to Cle in a salary dump. Ellington could at least have hit some open 3s. SA are totally ignoring Allen and Prince when they're on the floor so Mem is basically playing 3 on 5 every time on offense.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, they probably shouldn't have dumped Speights and Ellington to Cle in a salary dump.
Agreed. They need spacing. They also need a closer so I get the Gay argument its just that Gay isnt very good.

At some point in time during the season, the Pacers went from being the poor man's Grizzlies to the team the Grizzlies wish they had.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're better without Gay. His offense was disruptive to the overall team's offense. The problem lies in that they probably didn't get enough back or at least the right pieces back. Prince doesn't hit perimeter shots enough to help their spacing. Actually, they probably shouldn't have dumped Speights and Ellington to Cle in a salary dump. Ellington could at least have hit some open 3s. SA are totally ignoring Allen and Prince when they're on the floor so Mem is basically playing 3 on 5 every time on offense.
If Gays offense was disruptive then thats a coaching issue. There were too many times to count when they needed someone to go and create their own shot. Maybe Gaye is not the guy but they need someone in that mold if they wish to go further.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, the series is not over.
I am still nervous and won't feel safe until (If??) the Spurs win the 4th game.

That being said, the Grizzlies most definitely need Rudy Gay.

They are losing this series because they have no offense.

Game 3 was a complete mirage of ill advised shots and miracle offensive put-backs.

Once the Spurs stopped turning it over, the Grizzlies could not score easily.
Every Grizzlies half court possession was hideous to watch.

The entire offensive plan seemed to be to throw up whatever Gasol could muster off pick and rolls.

That is where you need a gifted offensive player like Rudy Gay to make something happen.

The only reason the game stayed close was the Grizzlies killed the offensive glass. And a lot of that had to do with how horrible the first shots were.

The last play of regulation (if you can call it a play) summed up their lack of offense.

Rudy Gay would be the perfect solution.

He is a guy who can get his own shot. He can have plays drawn up for him.

They did not need offense to beat the defense-option Clippers or wounded Thunder.

But, the Spurs play defense.

Unless, Memphis figures something out soon, the lack of go-to guy like Gay will doom them.

Still 3-0 is not 4-0.

I am still cautiously optimistic but wary nonetheless.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure doesn't hurt that Memphis is just shooting 28%.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs have shot poorly in the second quarter too. They building a mansion up in Memphis with all these bricks between the two teams.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 point shooting: Spurs 0-for-8, Memphis 2-for-6.

Last edited by a moderator: