• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spurs vs Grizzlies WCF Thread

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs D on Zbo has to really put a spot light on Vinny and Brooks shortcomings.

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 point ball game. If Z-Bo can finally get going, the Grizzlies can steal this game away.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back up to 16.

This is why as a Heat fan I rather play Memphis. Memphis doesn't have much outside shooting outside of Pondexter, Conley and Bayless while the Spurs have Ginobli, Parker, Green, Neal, Bonner, and Leonard.

I honestly think if Miami plays Memphis it is a 5 game series while a spurs series would be a 6 or 7 game series

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just the obligatory ass kicking the Spurs hand out once in awhile. I still say Memphis wins this series.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just the obligatory ass kicking the Spurs hand out once in awhile. I still say Memphis wins this series.

I'm leaning towards Spurs in 6 instead of Spurs in 7...I hope Memphis win for Miami sake

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the SPURS did not get the memo.

the Grizzlies were the greatest team ever assembled and the only ones likely to give Miami any trouble.

The idiots from San Antonio missed the league memo and screwed up game 1.

I am guessing that Memphis lost on purpose so they are not too rusty when they play the Heat.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do love how everyone was so excited about Memphis because they beat OKC without their 2nd best player.

Memphis would not be here if Westbrook was healthy

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Memphis would not be here if Westbrook was healthy
The Spurs went through the Lakers without Kobe and the Warriors without David Lee.

The Spurs also finally had a good game. This is the Spurs team that was in the playoffs last year that but decided to take the series off against the Warriors. The Spurs also beat the Grizzlies in a blowout earlier in the year but played to a split for the season. In that regard, the Pacers/Heat series and Grizzlies/Spurs series should look similar. The higher seed in both should get 1-2 blowouts but there will be a bunch of close games where either team has a shot.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the Grizzlies were the greatest team ever assembled and the only ones likely to give Miami any trouble.

I am guessing that Memphis lost on purpose so they are not too rusty when they play the Heat.
Spurs were favored by 4.5 points. :clap:

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't the point spread.

It was the general consensus that MEMPHIS was suddenly the "it" team.

The Grizzlies could easily still win the series in 5 or 6 games, but I think the Spurs felt a bit disrespected that they were the sacrificial lamb as the higher seed.

The Grizzlies are a GREAT TEAM. I would not be surprised if they win.

But, the media simply forgot that the Spurs are PRETTY DARN GOOD as well.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm leaning towards Spurs in 6 instead of Spurs in 7...I hope Memphis win for Miami sake

I was hoping for the Spurs for Miami's sake, now I do not know anymore. The story line certainly says Spurs vs Heat.

So basically a nod to home arena by the general public.

home court is generally worth 3 points

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you have to give Popobitch a lot of credit for being one of the best coaches in the NBA as of right now because what he has done to make the Spurs relevent is amazing. This is what the Lakers should have done with Kobe instead of using him up and running him into the ground. That being said, I am thinking that it will be a Spurs vs Grizzlies Finals because unless the Spurs suddenly have a relapse, they literally beat the shit out of the Grizzlies and are looking good

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Grizzlies could easily still win the series in 5 or 6 games, but I think the Spurs felt a bit disrespected that they were the sacrificial lamb as the higher seed.

Not to be an asshole but on espn.com 9 of the 14 experts picked the Spurs to win, on CBS 2 of the 4 picked the spurs, and on SI.com 4 of the 5 picked the spurs.

So out of 23 media predictions, 15 of them actually have the Spurs winning the series so it is not fair to say the media forgot the spurs are a good team.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, I grant you that I was impressed in Memphis beating the Thunder, but I was also mindful that happened partly because the Thunder was down their two best players in comparison to last year. I expected the Thunder to struggle more without Hardin and possibly with Hardin, but without Westbrook they could have went further, but I just didn't see how in the hell they could beat the Heat without those two.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The game is based on matchups especially in the playoffs. IMO Memphis would give the Heat more problems than Spurs. Spurs dont match up as well. If Spurs beat Memphis chalk up another ring for the Heat.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs were definitely dominant. Can't wait to see what Hibbert and the Indiana D can do to the Heat attack.