• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spurs assistant coach Becky Hammon

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elaborate?

Do women get to take an extra step?

Do they play 7 on 7?

The only thing that you could say is different is that the women are more fundamentally sound.

Yes there is a huge difference between men's and women's basketball.

What is it? Fundamentals.

Women don't have nearly the athleticism that the men do, so their game relies more on precision and execution. How do people not see that this is invaluable to the men's game? Women in general can have actually a deeper understanding of the game because of their knowledge of where they need to be to accomplish what they want to do out on the court. Now you combine that with world class athletes and you might be surprised with what you can accomplish.

Alvin Gentry
Erik Spoelstra
Jeff Van Gundy
Gregg Popovich
Brad Stevens
Mike Budenholzer
Quin Snyder

What do those guys have in common? None of them ever played in the NBA.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How so?

This is a legit question, I'm not trying to start Shit.

nba game is faster, more athletic and global

wnba game is slower, not as athletic and mostly American

the college game doesnt help because there are like 3 teams that dominate every year.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She would be as qualified a candidate as any other assistant coach or European coach with at least 5 years experience on the sidelines. Drawing up Xs and Os is one thing, but motivating players and pushing the right buttons is quite another.

That being said, the Bucks may not be the best fit, because they will contend for the playoffs and really cannot make a mistake in hiring their next coach. If she were to struggle initially, the fans would most likely revolt and she would be the scapegoat. Which, for that matter, would probably happen to any coach that they hire.

If PHX is willing to take a chance on a European coach, I think a team like ORL or another cellar dweller should take a chance on her.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She would be as qualified a candidate as any other assistant coach or European coach with at least 5 years experience on the sidelines. Drawing up Xs and Os is one thing, but motivating players and pushing the right buttons is quite another.

That being said, the Bucks may not be the best fit, because they will contend for the playoffs and really cannot make a mistake in hiring their next coach. If she were to struggle initially, the fans would most likely revolt and she would be the scapegoat. Which, for that matter, would probably happen to any coach that they hire.

If PHX is willing to take a chance on a European coach, I think a team like ORL or another cellar dweller should take a chance on her.

I doubt she gets hired just yet, but I suspect someday she will be. Whomever makes the leap will reap a ton of marketing benefits so frankly it will probably be a small market underachieving team (like the Bucks). So maybe she will get that job LOL

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree.

It can't be the Bucks.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems to be inevitable, but the timing will have to be right (and it will have to be the right franchise/owner). Maybe she coaches a G-league team for a season first? She deserves a shot as much as any other current candidates. The retread hiring in most pro sports is rarely successful...

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zach Randolph is ALL ABOUT having a female head coach in the NBA — especially after working with a female asst. coach on the Kings … telling TMZ Sports it was one of best experiences of his career. The entire NBA is buzzing about Becky Hammon — an assistant with the Spurs who’s in the running for the head coaching job in Milwaukee. If hired, she’d be the first female head coach in NBA history.

Enter Z-Bo who was out in ATL when he stopped to rave about Jenny Boucek … an assistant player development coach with the Sacramento Kings. “This was the first year we had a [female assistant coach]. This was my first year ever experiencing that and it was a great experience … probably one of the best experiences.”

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I worry about if we go down this road is... what do we do during that time every month when Ms Hammon is on her period and needs more bed rest?

I'm also worried that alligators and other large predators might be attracted to the locker room if she is allowed to be with the team during this time.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I worry about if we go down this road is... what do we do during that time every month when Ms Hammon is on her period and needs more bed rest?

I'm also worried that alligators and other large predators might be attracted to the locker room if she is allowed to be with the team during this time.
I bet that sounded pretty clever in your head before you typed it

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet that sounded pretty clever in your head before you typed it
e513ba167cfb57c7f70db4ea38bfb24c.jpg