• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spurs assistant coach Becky Hammon

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She is as qualified as any of the candidates without NBA head coaching experience.

That said, it probably has to be the right organization for it to work.

There are a lot of egos and backwards thinkers in sports. While the NBA is by far the most progressive league, I guarantee there are still players who would think themselves superior to a female coach.

If she goes to the wrong spot where the players are not open minded, it could be really bad. David Blatt is prime example. Dude is a good basketball coach, but LeBron wanted nothing to do with him, so he had no chance.
Could you imagine her trying to wrangle Draymond or Rondo?

Ffs......Dray has no problem calling Female refs a bitch to their face.

Giannis got caught on tape telling his assistant coach " I will fuck you up"....lol

Slippery, slippery slope with equality. It would be a bad look for a male player to go HAM on his female head coach.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Giannis got caught on tape telling his assistant coach " I will fuck you up"....lol

Slippery, slippery slope with equality. It would be a bad look for a male player to go HAM on his female head coach.

it's like equality with everything/one. sometimes the transition ain't easy...

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She won't.

But, it's great experience.

She has had the opportunity to be a head coach for a college program and declined.

She's paying her dues as an assistant. But, the Bucks can't make this kind of hire at this tenuous time in their franchise.

They are a mess and will need to do something with that roster.

It's not so much she's a woman. It's more that she doesn't have head coaching experience outside of the Summer League.

They need a Coach with experience.

Jackson, Blatt would work.

Maybe even Stackhouse if they don't want a retread.

Agreed, but this is the first step. A woman has been an assistant coash and the world didn't end. Now maybe another woman or two get hired. A woman gets an interview for a head coach job. She doesn't get the job but now it's not that big a deal and maybe she will get one later. All in all an excellent development.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, but this is the first step. A woman has been an assistant coash and the world didn't end. Now maybe another woman or two get hired. A woman gets an interview for a head coach job. She doesn't get the job but now it's not that big a deal and maybe she will get one later. All in all an excellent development.
This times 100.

It's progress.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Becky don't take no shit though.

If a player says 'bitch' one time you can guarantee she's shipping that player out to the shittiest, least desirable NBA team there is.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way a woman get a head coaching job in the NBA. Not gonna happen.

Oh, I see your confusion. Let me clear this up.

A woman is someone who has bigger balls than you, but also a much smaller vagina.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If a player says 'bitch' one time you can guarantee she's shipping that player out to the shittiest, least desirable NBA team there is.

Well, she's an assistant coach not the GM but, sure. Actually the article I just linked above talks about how it fits the Spurs because they are a classy organization that cares about the people in it, and they would indeed not want someone on the team with that kind of mouth.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, she's an assistant coach not the GM but, sure. Actually the article I just linked above talks about how it fits the Spurs because they are a classy organization that cares about the people in it, and they would indeed not want someone on the team with that kind of mouth.

Yeah but a head coach can decide not to play someone because of their attitude. And rather than have someone sit on the bench or not even suit up, the better option would be to trade.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but a head coach can decide not to play someone because of their attitude. And rather than have someone sit on the bench or not even suit up, the better option would be to trade.

She's not a head coach though

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I'm talking about IF (or when) she were to become one.

OK got it. And yes any player not ok with it would be shipped out. The article actually discusses how the players are the ones who are the most accepting of her. I think there will be a female HC someday for sure.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She is as qualified as any of the candidates without NBA head coaching experience.

There are a lot of egos and backwards thinkers in sports. While the NBA is by far the most progressive league, I guarantee there are still players who would think themselves superior to a female coach.

If she goes to the wrong spot where the players are not open minded, it could be really bad. David Blatt is prime example. Dude is a good basketball coach, but LeBron wanted nothing to do with him, so he had no chance.

Women’s basketball and me

It’s the NBA Dude. Star player gets coaches fired. The only coaches who have a prayer against that are named pop, Stevens and Kerr.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or they can go coach women’s B.B. since there’s complaints of not enough women coaches there.

Pick one.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

She’s the #4 coach for the spurs, meaning there’s 2 more qualified just on her own team.

MIL really should hire Messina since he’s a good fit for Giannis.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or they can go coach women’s B.B. since there’s complaints of not enough women coaches there.

Pick one.

Why not both?

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is she really interested in coaching or just in it for the endless supply of BBC...:noidea:

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Greek Freak will greek fuck that.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
girls can be boy scouts now, so of course one can also try to coach a game she has never played.

yes, I know she has played basketball, but not men's basketball. Totally different game.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is she really interested in coaching or just in it for the endless supply of BBC...:noidea:

What, you don't have enough supply for yourself?