• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

spring game anyone?

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurrier makes the spring game fun. He usually pranks the players at least once. Last year he ran a short pass play, but had a 12th guy run off the sidelines for a bomb. Garcia hit him for the TD and the befuddled defense looked around like "WTF? How was that guy so wide open? Who missed an assignment?" It was fucking hilarious!

fredmelmackian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i bet if coach pelini had his way the spring SCRIMMAGE would not be open to the public and media access would be extremely limited.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd bet you are wrong.
What you are saying is that Pelini believes he is bigger than the program and that it's not important to reward the very fan base that makes it all possible with a little fun.
Pelini is not ALL serious like you are making him out to be. He's got a good sense of humor and is big on practical jokes with players, assistants, and those in the administration. The football team played the womens volleyball team in a pick up game just last week.

The way you are portraying him is Callahanish.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Got my student ticket but haven't picked it up yet. I never really get into the game, but I'm in favor of any excuse to wear red and tailgate. God knows we all need something to get us through the off season.

fredmelmackian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'd bet you are wrong.
What you are saying is that Pelini believes he is bigger than the program and that it's not important to reward the very fan base that makes it all possible with a little fun.
Pelini is not ALL serious like you are making him out to be. He's got a good sense of humor and is big on practical jokes with players, assistants, and those in the administration. The football team played the womens volleyball team in a pick up game just last week.

The way you are portraying him is Callahanish.

don't ever mention that fat basterd in the same breath as a real coach like coach pelini again.
it was that fat basterd that made a big deal of the overglorified SCRIMMAGE and made it about recruiting. the spring SCRIMMAGE it just another tool to help the coaching staff evaluate the team. NOTHING MORE.
coach pelini would rather not discuss practice and internal team matters.
as far as that fan appreciation bullshit- the fans get to appreciate the team in lincoln 8-9 saturdays a year.
coach pelini runs a no nonsense program. you perfume and tampon recruiting service types need to get over it.
why does it bother you people so that coach pelini thinks like me?

fredmelmackian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
adirt said- "He's got a good sense of humor and is big on practical jokes with players, assistants, and those in the administration."

being no nonsense doesn't mean one isn't human. i'd go party with the guy. when it comes to matters of x's and o's and player development- what kind of joke does coach pelini make of that? i thought so!

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pelini speaks highly of the NU fan base and how important it is for their support in the overall success of the program. Are you're saying that Pelini is decietful and not being genuine to go along with your distasteful avatar? He is human and why you're trying to paint him as a Hitler type tends to make me question your motives.

And don't you ever try and tell me what I can mention on this message board again.

Keep your attitude going into the service son. We used to blanket party fucks like yourself who got their jollies out of pissing in peoples cheerios. ;)

fredmelmackian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Pelini speaks highly of the NU fan base and how important it is for their support in the overall success of the program. Are you're saying that Pelini is decietful and not being genuine to go along with your distasteful avatar? He is human and why you're trying to paint him as a Hitler type tends to make me question your motives.

And don't you ever try and tell me what I can mention on this message board again.

Keep your attitude going into the service son. We used to blanket party fucks like yourself who got their jollies out of pissing in peoples cheerios. ;)

nice strawman arguments "red".

just because you haven't changed your tampon doesn't change the fact that coach pelini thinks just like me. "red"- maybe you just need to be glad your team hired coach turner gill.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach Pelini doesn't like dealing with the media.
Coach Pelini doesn't like the recruiting services.

Neither did Osborne.

You're trying to tie those dislikes into a dislike of fan support is way off base.

You would be right about my team hiring Turner Gill. He was a graduate asst in 1989, the QB coach from 1992-2002, Asst Head Coach in 2003, and WR coach in 2004.
Yep Nebraska hired coach Turner Gill.

fredmelmackian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Coach Pelini doesn't like dealing with the media.
Coach Pelini doesn't like the recruiting services.

Neither did Osborne.

You're trying to tie those dislikes into a dislike of fan support is way off base.

You would be right about my team hiring Turner Gill. He was a graduate asst in 1989, the QB coach from 1992-2002, Asst Head Coach in 2003, and WR coach in 2004.
Yep Nebraska hired coach Turner Gill.

show me anywhere- anywhere in my posts where i said coach pelini doesn't appreciate husker fans sha......i mean "red". in fact it was you who brought up coach pelini and non-appreciation of fans.
nice use of the strawman "red".
i wish your jayhawks all the luck in the world- except when they play MY huskers!

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
show me anywhere- anywhere in my posts where i said coach pelini doesn't appreciate husker fans sha......i mean "red". in fact it was you who brought up coach pelini and non-appreciation of fans.
nice use of the strawman "red".
i wish your jayhawks all the luck in the world- except when they play MY huskers!

"i bet if coach pelini had his way the spring SCRIMMAGE would not be open to the public"
The public are the fans.
"as far as that fan appreciation bullshit"
You said Pelini thinks like you. So he thinks fan appreciation is bullshit in your words.

One thing's for certain, everybody's a shady to you.

Could it be you continually make those allegations to distract from the possibility that you are the real shady?

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"i bet if coach pelini had his way the spring SCRIMMAGE would not be open to the public"
The public are the fans.
You said Pelini thinks like you. So he thinks fan appreciation is bullshit in your words.

Could it be you continually make those allegations to distract from the possibility that you are the real shady?

Has a vinnie attitude.........

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know who he is and he's a marplot.

If I don't like the subject of a thread I don't waste my time commenting on it. Why he is determined to disrupt this good lady's thread by filling it with discontent speaks volumes about him.

fredmelmackian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The public are the fans.

it is hilarious you aren't smart enough to get the context of a post and all you can do is to take a post out of context and create something that's not there.

i appreciate that coach pelini is focused on what's best for the team and isn't influenced by administration, media, the public or whiners like you sha.....i mean "red".

it's a good thing you are a jayhawk fan. coach pelini would drive you nuts if he was the coach of your team. i mean more nuts than you already are.

you have to be the most idiotic little girl on the planet(laughing my ass off at you). just to be clear so even a moron like yourself can understand it: the fan appreciation bullshit statement was directed at YOU and ONLY YOU. it had NOTHING to do with coach pelini or myself. it is a total laugher that you created such a moronic strawman attack.

keep playing the smoke and mirrors game sha.....i mean "red".

doesn't change the fact that coach pelini thinks like me and you and ONLY YOU are sha.....i mean "red".

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You couldn't hold coach Pelini's jockstrap, so stop insulting the man.

Your fantasy that coach Pelini 'thinks like' you is mentally unhealthy in any circle.

The military's gonna love you boy. You won't last.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had 'reserved seating' last year and I have it again this year. The size of your seat does not negate the fact it is a 'reserved seat'. One cannot go to another row or another section and park their ass on someone elses assigned number. I and my family have never had a problem putting our fannys on the number stamped on the bleacher that corresponds to the number stamped on our tickets. It's not movie theater comfort. It's a football stadium.
The 'completely pointless glorified scrimmage' is something every university does. It gives players and coaches experience in game management. They can critique the film and see where they can improve in substitutions, clock management etc..Opening it up for the fans raises funds for the athletic department. It costs a mere 10 bucks. It is an affordable way of giving my kids the opportunity to experience a gamelike atmosphere and gives us the opportunity to spend some time together in an outdoor setting after being cooped up all winter. There are far more family friendly things to do down there on top of the 'completely pointless glorified scrimmage' going on inside the stadium. There are pavillions, bands, food, face-painting, autograph sessions and countless other family friendly activities. The Red-White game is a win-win for the university, coaches, players, and fans alike.

I am aware that every university has a glorified scrimmage.

Not once have I ever said that they shouldn't have the glorified scrimmage.

It is kind of hard to gain experience in game management and game situations when you have a running clock.

Not once have I ever said that people should not go to the game.

All I am saying is that it is a pointless event to go to that doesn't mean a damn thing and it isn't real football, IN MY OPINION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The people that go around trying to puff out there chest saying that they are the best fans because they packed their glorified scrimmage are losers, IN MY OPINION!!!!!!!!! And I am not just talking about Nebraska fans when I say that because I have heard many different fans bases say that crap.

The people that come out of the glorified practice ranting and raving about how many stats and how great a player looked are delusional. I can't remember the last glorified scrimmage star that carried it over to the following regular season. The players that get hyped up after the game are the ones that I know I don't have to pay attention to during the season because they won't do anything.

The fact that during the Pederson/Callahan era they put the the glorified scrimmage on the schedule and posted it as a "W" still irritates the hell out of me. Some one in the athletic department needs to go in and take that shit off.

Football - Schedule/Results - Huskers.com - Nebraska Athletics Official Web Site
Football - Schedule/Results - Huskers.com - Nebraska Athletics Official Web Site

Last edited by a moderator:

fredmelmackian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
now you can have a conversation with yourself on another thread sha.....i mean "red".

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to the Spring game last year as I usually do.....I will admit I was pumped for it. It's not just about seeing the team winning.....the Husker atmosphere is addictive. Some of us just love sitting in the Sea of Red, tailgating, yelling Husker chants....who cares what time of year it is. I don't claim to be a better fan because of it, but maybe I am a different "type" of fan than others, idk. My Husker blood runs much deeper than just seeing the team play an opposing team.