• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla's Discussion Thread after Week 12

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Syracuse was ranked prior to
Clemson

Prior to Clemson they had beat Wagner (4-7), western Michigan (7-5), UConn (1-10), and Florida State (5-6).

Since the Clemson loss theyve beaten 4 acc teams and lost to Pitt, and Notre Dame.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prior to Clemson they had beat Wagner (4-7), western Michigan (7-5), UConn (1-10), and Florida State (5-6).

Since the Clemson loss theyve beaten 4 acc teams and lost to Pitt, and Notre Dame.
So their wins were as good as cincys is what ur saying:suds:

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The close loss to ND is what's doing it, even though they were absolutely throttled by UCF and Penn State. Good for them for scheduling a monster OOC though.

And I think that’s the whole thing right there. UNC fan brings up some really good points. The ACC is miserable. It’s just a bad conference this season. 3-11 against other Power 5 teams and some bad out of conference losses. But Pitt went out and challenged themselves big time with that OOC. That’s why they are ranked at 7-4 and they deserve to be for now. ESPN has their SOS at 12 compared to other ranked ACC teams like Clemson at 49 and the Cuse at 68. It’s the reason a team like 6-4 Iowa State is ranked by the committee (and should be). Their SOS sits at 3.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gosh man just looking over those SOS numbers I think UCF owes Pitt a huge thank you for having the opportunity to clown stomp them and boost that dreadful SOS which rests comfortably at 110. Holy shit. I don’t see it improving much either after playing a USF team that has a grand total of 3 conference wins.

Last edited:

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I think that’s the whole thing right there. UNC fan brings up some really good points. The ACC is miserable. It’s just a bad conference this season. 3-11 against other Power 5 teams and some bad out of conference losses. But Pitt went out and challenged themselves big time with that OOC. That’s why they are ranked at 7-4 and they deserve to be for now. ESPN has their SOS at 12 compared to other ranked ACC teams like Clemson at 49 and the Cuse at 68. It’s the reason a team like 6-4 Iowa State is ranked by the committee (and should be). Their SOS sits at 3.
While I definitely think teams that are willing to play OOC games should be given a lot of credit for such, they've got to win some of 'em to receive full credit. JMO.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gosh man just looking over those SOS numbers I think UCF owes Pitt a huge thank you for having the opportunity to clown stomp them and boost that dreadful SOS which rests comfortably at 110. Holy shit. I don’t see it improving much either after playing a USF team that has a grand total of 3 conference wins.
Kind of makes the AAC look bad too. Like the ACC this year. There are just some years when conferences are either down and/or beat each other up which makes 'em look down. Hard to tell which is which because we don't GET ENOUGH GOOD OOC GAMES.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I definitely think teams that are willing to play OOC games should be given a lot of credit for such, they've got to win some of 'em to receive full credit. JMO.

I hear ya. Not trying to be confrontational, just curious. Who would you place ahead of #24 Pitt that’s behind them now?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya. Not trying to be confrontational, just curious. Who would you place ahead of #24 Pitt that’s behind them now?
I'm not either nor an I knocking Pitt/saying Pitt doesn't belong there.

I'm just saying there are probably 10-15 teams that a case could also be made for that #24 spot and move Pitt down. Ain't enough difference in them. Hell, a case could be made that Pitt is actually better than a few ahead of them!

Still wouldn't make them any worse if they weren't in the top 25 or those others any better if they were in it. When we get down to all these 3-4 and even 5 loss teams, it gets more difficult to sort 'em out/put 'em in order IMO.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

But I do think Pitt vs Cincy would be a very close game. But, I'd take Pitt at this point in the season.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Virginia Tech, Florida State and Miami being mediocre in the same season usually means the ACC is going to suck. Would include Louisville in that group, but I'm not so sure about the potential of their football program

just a nightmare season for the ACC

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 3-8 UCLA would be able as competitive as UVA, or Boston College. I think top to bottom the acc is worse than the pac and I’m not impressed with the Atlantic or coastal. I don’t think UCLA would be 3-8 with nc states schedule

Compare UCLA to NC State schedule
Oklahoma = Clemson
Utah >/= Syracuse
Washington > Boston college
Oregon > Virginia
Arizona St >= FSU
Fresno St
Arizona > Wake Forest
Cal > Marshall
USC > Louisville
Cincinnati > James Madison
Colorado > Georgia St

UCLA would probably be 7-3 or 6-4 with that schedule too. I don’t think State would be 7-3 with UCLAs schedule. I’d guess more like 5-6 or worse

UCLA probably goes 5-5 on that schedule. They wouldn't run the table against Virginia, BC, FSU and Wake. You bring up good points on the schedule, but there still isn't anything out there that suggests they're on the same tier as Syracuse, Pitt or BC.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Missouri, TAMU, Cincy, Pitt and Wisconsin are all pretty similar
cincy-yes
wiscy-maybe
mizzou-no 3 out of conference wins, wins over TENN(lol), Vandy, Did beat FLA very nice win
TAMU-yes

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCLA probably goes 5-5 on that schedule. They wouldn't run the table against Virginia, BC, FSU and Wake. You bring up good points on the schedule, but there still isn't anything out there that suggests they're on the same tier as Syracuse, Pitt or BC.

But if they run the table against
Louisville, JMU, Marshall, and Georgia State and lose to Clemson they would just need go 1-4 against Syracuse, UVA, BC, FSU and Wake. Which is realistic. I’d imagine they’d be closer to 2-3 or 3-2 though

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cincy-yes
wiscy-maybe
mizzou-no 3 out of conference wins, wins over TENN(lol), Vandy, Did beat FLA very nice win
TAMU-yes

Missouri has better losses. Florida is a better win than Syracuse, Purdue is a better win imo than Virginia, Tennessee and Vandy not much worse than Wake and Georgia Tech.

Just giving my input, not saying I’m right. I’m just down on the ACC.