• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla's Discussion Thread after Week 12

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the acc is really bad. The coastal is 7-10 out of conference against FBS teams. The AAC is 7-11 out of conference against POWER 5 opponents. The acc is 3-11 against power 5 schools (Duke and Clemson are the only acc teams to win out of conference against a power 5 school). It’s not unreasonable to think UCLA or SMU would beat Virginia or Syracuse, despite their record.
Come on dude

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ucla has 3 wins
usc(losing record)
Cal(6-4)
USC(Losing record)
not impressive

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ucla has 3 wins
usc(losing record)
Cal(6-4)
USC(Losing record)
not impressive

But I’m supposed to be impressed by Pitts wins?

All I’m saying is Pitt doesn’t deserve to be ranked. They’re not a top 25 team and the only justification for ranking them is for winning a group of 5 level conference and losing to good to good teams. GT, UVA, Syracuse, Miami, VT, and Wake combined to do nothing impressive out of conference. They lost to USF, Indiana, and Old dominion though.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I’m supposed to be impressed by Pitts wins?

All I’m saying is Pitt doesn’t deserve to be ranked. They’re not a top 25 team and the only justification for ranking them is for winning a group of 5 level conference and losing to good to good teams. GT, UVA, Syracuse, Miami, VT, and Wake combined to do nothing impressive out of conference. They lost to USF, Indiana, and Old dominion though.
Then justify Cincy?

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao

Syracuse, Pitt and Virginia are all ranked significantly higher on Massey, Sagarin and FEI than SMU, UCLA and South Florida.

SMU, UCLA and South Florida are bad football teams. Virginia, Syracuse and Pitt are middle of the road teams.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then justify Cincy?

I’m not trying to say cincy should be ranked ahead of Pitt. Just that in my opinion they should be similar, i wouldn’t rank either. Both have a bad loss, both come from similar conferences, both have a loss to UCF. Only difference, in my opinion is cincy had 2 cupcakes while Pitt lost 2 games cincy could’ve lost too. Your opinion is that the acc is better than the aac. I just disagree.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao

Syracuse, Pitt and Virginia are all ranked significantly higher on Massey, Sagarin and FEI than SMU, UCLA and South Florida.

SMU, UCLA and South Florida are bad football teams. Virginia, Syracuse and Pitt are middle of the road teams.

The only reason the acc teams are considered middle of the road is because they’re in the acc. Not because they’ve proven anything, in my opinion.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason the acc teams are considered middle of the road is because they’re in the acc. Not because they’ve proven anything, in my opinion.

what is your logic behind the idea that a 3-8 Pac-12 team in UCLA is just as good as an 8-3 ACC team in Syracuse? Pac-12 is just as shitty as the ACC Coastal and worse than the ACC Atlantic

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not trying to say cincy should be ranked ahead of Pitt. Just that in my opinion they should be similar, i wouldn’t rank either. Both have a bad loss, both come from similar conferences, both have a loss to UCF. Only difference, in my opinion is cincy had 2 cupcakes while Pitt lost 2 games cincy could’ve lost too. Your opinion is that the acc is better than the aac. I just disagree.
:suds:im just arguing because we can. i respect your opinon

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what is your logic behind the idea that a 3-8 Pac-12 team in UCLA is just as good as an 8-3 ACC team in Syracuse? Pac-12 is just as shitty as the ACC Coastal and worse than the ACC Atlantic
that was my question too, or OHIO,

really TEMPLE should be ahead of cincy

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate some people having our backs, but we had a chance under the lights and squandered it.

Cincy should definitely be ranked in next seasons preseason polls though and I think they will be.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate some people having our backs, but we had a chance under the lights and squandered it.

Cincy should definitely be ranked in next seasons preseason polls though and I think they will be.
Next season looks very bright. The rebuild came early

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Syracuse, Duke, UVA, etc. are no better than South Florida, SMU and UCLA. And Pitts loss to UNC is worse than the temple loss

Wait cuse , duke , uva are equal to. 3-8 UCLA
Team, smu!!!! Check your head and get someone to agree with u

While I may not agree they are equal, I will opine that the gap between the two groups of three isn't as big as many want to make it out to be. Match up up on neutral fields and I doubt there would be the blowouts many think their would be.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I may not agree they are equal, I will opine that the gap between the two groups of three isn't as big as many want to make it out to be. Match up up on neutral fields and I doubt there would be the blowouts many think their would be.
Cuse and va were ranked, cuse highly

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you'd lost your mind with this part of the statement. Then I looked at the standings and dug into the schedules somewhat. When you take out Clemson and UCF out, their ain't a whole lot to write home about in either conference. The line between the ACC and the AAC this year is about as close as it is from the middle letters A and C in the alphabet.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ain't impressed with either one's ranking. Or several other team's ranking either.

There are a lot of teams getting ranked this year only because they are taller midgets than the rest of them. Doesn't mean they are worth a shit IMO. (And before anyone starts throwing rocks, I'm acutally a fan of the coaches from both Cuse and UVA.)

Could probably start at #11 and go all the way to #40 in the rankings and their really ain't a lot of difference in 'em. If they played each other, defending on when the games were played, I think Wisconsin and BC (who aren't anywhere to be found in the top 25) would match up very well against teams like #16 Washington and #19 Northwestern. Hell, even a team like Houston could handle a lot of the teams in the lower half of the top 25.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Syracuse was ranked because they lost to Clemson and won acc games. NC State was ranked because they won acc games. The acc has one team that’s any good. The rest would fit right in in the AAC

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Syracuse was ranked because they lost to Clemson and won acc games. NC State was ranked because they won acc games. The acc has one team that’s any good. The rest would fit right in in the AAC
Syracuse was ranked prior to
Clemson

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think 3-8 UCLA would be able as competitive as UVA, or Boston College. I think top to bottom the acc is worse than the pac and I’m not impressed with the Atlantic or coastal. I don’t think UCLA would be 3-8 with nc states schedule

Compare UCLA to NC State schedule
Oklahoma = Clemson
Utah >/= Syracuse
Washington > Boston college
Oregon > Virginia
Arizona St >= FSU
Fresno St
Arizona > Wake Forest
Cal > Marshall
USC > Louisville
Cincinnati > James Madison
Colorado > Georgia St

UCLA would probably be 7-3 or 6-4 with that schedule too. I don’t think State would be 7-3 with UCLAs schedule. I’d guess more like 5-6 or worse