• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla top 25 week 8 discussion thread

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously... hanging your hat on Marshall and ECU? Not exactly stellar defenses in reality. Outside of Va Tech, the best team Marshall has faced is mediocre mid-major Ohio. 2-5 Florida Atlantic scored more in regulation vs. Marshall than VT did, for christs sake. ECU's defense is 45th in points against and just recently was gunned down by a horrible Tulane team.

ECU and Marshall are absolute frauds who have faced nobody at all with a legit offense that can score. They've also let some bad teams score points on them as well while VT struggled to.

Is this the same Georgia Tech who gave up 38 to BYU and 45 to Miami? Not a good defense.

Give me a break, dude. These are not 3 of the top 20 best defenses in the nation.

How am I hanging my hat on anything? I've already said our offense isn't very good.

However, you disregarded my factual statement as false because you didn't want to acknowledge fact. Then I show you a source, and now you farther try to disregard it.

You can try to spin it however you like, but as far as actual facts go, VT has faced 4 top 20 defenses so far.

and is 'gunned down' now what we're calling 3 point OT losses on the road to a 5-2 team? If so, yeah I suppose ECU was 'gunned down' by Tulane.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO@ a team with 19 straight wins and have yet to play or beat a top 20 team. OMG what a bunch of creampuffs. Learn some football. I know they don't teach it in Ohio. No different than last year. There at least 15 teams that would take Ohio State to the woodshed.

And Yet Ohio State has beat a team that is currently ranked in two of the polls this year, where A&M hasn't beaten a single team that is currently ranked in any poll this year.

doesn't it suck when you own logic back fires on you.

:laugh3:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How in the hell does Florida State jump over Oregon to 2nd?

I was wondering how the BCS would find a way to fuck Oregon and the Pac 12. Looks like they found a way to keep the school Alabama doesn't want to face out of the championship game. They were hoping another Pac 12 school would knock them off but they didn't want to take that chance. So now that Florida State beat the #3 team they have their excuse to jump them to 2nd place.

As far as I'm concerned the BCS and all the bastards involved can go fuck theirslves. If Oregon goes undefeated and doesn't go to the championship the BCS is horseshit.

Why did this thread get moved to the SportsHoopla Top 25 Discusssion Thread?

It should have beeen moved to the BCS thread.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So which 1 loss team will jump the acorns first?

eyebrows.gif

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at R_A's continued jealous trolling of Ohio State.

It's not trolling ya crybaby.

I told you last week Ohio St wasn't a top 10 team. They did nothing against Iowa in Columbus that Northern Illinois or Mich St didn't already do in Iowa City.

What part of that slips past your gray matter?

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How am I hanging my hat on anything? I've already said our offense isn't very good.

However, you disregarded my factual statement as false because you didn't want to acknowledge fact. Then I show you a source, and now you farther try to disregard it.

You can try to spin it however you like, but as far as actual facts go, VT has faced 4 top 20 defenses so far.

and is 'gunned down' now what we're calling 3 point OT losses on the road to a 5-2 team? If so, yeah I suppose ECU was 'gunned down' by Tulane.

I never once argued that according to one measure of total defense you've faced 4 in the top 20. I'm saying those are not 4 of the top 20 defenses in the nation, which you brought up as some sort of retort to my comment on how bad your offense actually is. If you want to try and tell me somehow that East Carolina and Marshall somehow have better defenses than LSU and South Carolina, go right ahead and look like a fool. If you don't believe that, than your hand-picked stats are meaningless to this conversation and really didn't need to be brought up in the first place.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never once argued that according to one measure of total defense you've faced 4 in the top 20. I'm saying those are not 4 of the top 20 defenses in the nation, which you brought up as some sort of retort to my comment on how bad your offense actually is. If you want to try and tell me somehow that East Carolina and Marshall somehow have better defenses than LSU and South Carolina, go right ahead and look like a fool. If you don't believe that, than your hand-picked stats are meaningless to this conversation and really didn't need to be brought up in the first place.

1. 'Total Defense' isn't really a hand picked stat.
2. You're the one that jumped into the VT conversation. None of the original posts were even directed at you.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you for letting me confirm. It's actually 4 of our 7 games that have been against top 20 defenses. Crazy how facts work, huh?

Alabama is ranked 5th in total defense
Marshall is ranked 10th in total defense
GT is ranked 13th in total defense
ECU is ranked 20th in total defense

Total Defense - NCAA.com

Sox is the king of projecting over-rated, no?

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If not for the refs stealing the win from them, Wisconsin would be a top 10 team right now, no questions asked. They belong in the BCS this year if they win out, and they could very well make it.
We'd probably be 10-15 given the lack of respect for the B1G (behind one loss teams like Stanford and Clemson), but yeah. The Coach's Poll is definitely a matter of those guys just not watching games, and the fact that they're not in the BCS rankings is just ridiculous. I though most of the computers were supposed to reward true road games? We've played 3, at night, and are 1-1-1 in those games (W-L-Fucked by Refs).

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. 'Total Defense' isn't really a hand picked stat.
2. You're the one that jumped into the VT conversation. None of the original posts were even directed at you.

1. It is when you're talking about 1 very good defense and 3 average to below average ones who are propped up by multiple FCS and extremely low-level FBS game wins.
2. It's a message board. Commenting on threads is kind of the point. I'm not trolling so why are you so mad?

Sox is the king of projecting over-rated, no?

Thank God we have him to keep us all honest.

:suds:

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin should not go to a BCS game even if they win out. Their schedule is atrocious. They play the 3 worst teams in the other division and have a crap OOC schedule. They will have gone the entire year and not even beaten a top 30ish team.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin should not go to a BCS game even if they win out. Their schedule is atrocious. They play the 3 worst teams in the other division and have a crap OOC schedule. They will have gone the entire year and not even beaten a top 30ish team.

To be fair, Arizona State and BYU could very easily combine for 17-19 wins total. That's better than the entire OOC slate for many top teams this year, mine included.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can anyone justify ranking 1-loss Louisville over 1-loss UCF?

I'm not even sure Louisville should be ranked. What have they done? They are 5-1 against one of the worst schedules in the country and couldn't beat a team that finally had a pulse.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, Arizona State and BYU could very easily combine for 17-19 wins total. That's better than the entire OOC slate for many top teams this year, mine included.

BYU lost to UVA though?

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol so playing a good ASU team on the road at night, and also playing BYU, is crap?

Your blind hate for Wisconsin will never cease to amaze me.