• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla top 25 week 8 discussion thread

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There hasn't been an offense that has been able to move the ball even remotely convincingly on our defense all season.

And the Pitt game was a beat down. We had 4 drives stall out and finish with chip shot FGs, another short FG we missed, and Pitts only touchdown came in garbage time.

Our offense isn't good, but we've also played 3 top 20 defenses so far this year.

Not just the Pitt game. They've all been close except WCU.

To your point about playing 3 top 20 defenses - who? Alabama is the only quality defense on your schedule thusfar. Somehow you duck FSU and Clemson so the only good ACC team you face is Miami, who will really be the only challenge left on your schedule. The rest of your conference slate is against teams who absolutely blow.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I did that there, then I'd surely try it here...no?

And you were a dumb ass/troll/homer for ranking the Fighting JFFs 2nd.

They'd still be 2nd if Johnny Football hadn't hurt his shoulder. I'm thinking they drop to around 6th or 7th in my upcoming ranking.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'd still be 2nd if Johnny Football hadn't hurt his shoulder. I'm thinking they drop to around 6th or 7th in my upcoming ranking.

hope auburn is in your top 5. because putting 6-1 auburn behind 5-2 aTm reeks of idiocy.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at R_A's continued jealous trolling of Ohio State.

Bulldog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is absolute bullshit

How in the hell does Florida State jump over Oregon to 2nd?

I was wondering how the BCS would find a way to fuck Oregon and the Pac 12. Looks like they found a way to keep the school Alabama doesn't want to face out of the championship game. They were hoping another Pac 12 school would knock them off but they didn't want to take that chance. So now that Florida State beat the #3 team they have their excuse to jump them to 2nd place.

As far as I'm concerned the BCS and all the bastards involved can go fuck theirslves. If Oregon goes undefeated and doesn't go to the championship the BCS is horseshit.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU didn't jump anyone. This is the first BCS ranking and they started ahead of Oregon. Everything before this is background noise.

Oregon will have to beat someone with a pulse if they want to jump FSU.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO@ a team with 19 straight wins and have yet to play or beat a top 20 team. OMG what a bunch of creampuffs. Learn some football. I know they don't teach it in Ohio. No different than last year. There at least 15 teams that would take Ohio State to the woodshed.

Right because the troll said so.:lol:

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To your point about playing 3 top 20 defenses - who? Alabama is the only quality defense on your schedule thusfar.

Thank you for letting me confirm. It's actually 4 of our 7 games that have been against top 20 defenses. Crazy how facts work, huh?

Alabama is ranked 5th in total defense
Marshall is ranked 10th in total defense
GT is ranked 13th in total defense
ECU is ranked 20th in total defense

Total Defense - NCAA.com

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#2 ranked teams don't rely on just one player. Regardless he finished the game and could still throw.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO@ a team with 19 straight wins and have yet to play or beat a top 20 team. OMG what a bunch of creampuffs. Learn some football. I know they don't teach it in Ohio. No different than last year. There at least 15 teams that would take Ohio State to the woodshed.
The fact that Wisconsin isn't a top 20 team is a problem with the polls, not Ohio State's schedule.

Nation missing the boat on Badgers - Big Ten Blog - ESPN

Nation missing the boat on Badgers
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com

Wisconsin is still paying the price for the incompetence of a Pac-12 officiating crew.

Perhaps the Badgers are also suffering for a schedule that, gasp, actually featured some challenges during the month of September.

Either way, a very good team, the second-best team in the Big Ten, is being completely overlooked nationally. And it's a damn shame.

The first sign of disrespect came around noon on Sunday, when the clown show known as the Coaches' Poll revealed its latest rankings. Wisconsin barely squeaked in at No. 24.

It's not as if the coaches, most of whom don't do the voting themselves and have little gauge on the national scene, are biased against two-loss teams. Three of them are ranked in the top 20. Surprise, surprise, all three -- No. 13 LSU, No. 15 Texas A&M and No. 20 South Carolina -- are all from the beloved SEC. This past Saturday, South Carolina lost to a thoroughly mediocre Tennessee team, while LSU fell to unranked Ole Miss. But a Big Ten team that has been dominant in its five victories, was robbed of a chance to win at Arizona State and lost by a touchdown on the road against No. 4 Ohio State is almost left out of the rankings.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you for letting me confirm. It's actually 4 of our 7 games that have been against top 20 defenses. Crazy how facts work, huh?

Alabama is ranked 5th in total defense
Marshall is ranked 10th in total defense
GT is ranked 13th in total defense
ECU is ranked 20th in total defense

Total Defense - NCAA.com

Seriously... hanging your hat on Marshall and ECU? Not exactly stellar defenses in reality. Outside of Va Tech, the best team Marshall has faced is mediocre mid-major Ohio. 2-5 Florida Atlantic scored more in regulation vs. Marshall than VT did, for christs sake. ECU's defense is 45th in points against and just recently was gunned down by a horrible Tulane team.

ECU and Marshall are absolute frauds who have faced nobody at all with a legit offense that can score. They've also let some bad teams score points on them as well while VT struggled to.

Is this the same Georgia Tech who gave up 38 to BYU and 45 to Miami? Not a good defense.

Give me a break, dude. These are not 3 of the top 20 best defenses in the nation.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three of them are ranked in the top 20. Surprise, surprise, all three -- No. 13 LSU, No. 15 Texas A&M and No. 20 South Carolina -- are all from the beloved SEC.

Adam better watch what he says about hand that feeds if he wants to keep his job.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's trolling? My name was brought up and I was called a dumbass. And coming from someone who posed and trolls multiple teams with multiple alias' at ESPN, your opinion means squat. My only post in this thread was about Fresno St. So STFU!

He mad! :laugh3: