• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla top 25 week 8 discussion thread

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 7 point true road loss where we outgained a top 5 team.

A one-point home win over a team whose only other losses were coin-flip road games against top 25 teams (And yes, the ND game was in Texas, but it was about 65% ND fans).

Five blowout wins.

Which teams that I ranked below us have better resumes? The Clemson team that lost by 40? Uh, no. The UCF team that lost at home? Uh, no. The Virginia Tech team whose best win (at East Carolina) is worse than ours and who lost by more than us? No. Who?

:wtf:

Stanford 42
Ariz St....28

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 7 point true road loss where we outgained a top 5 team.

A one-point home win over a team whose only other losses were coin-flip road games against top 25 teams (And yes, the ND game was in Texas, but it was about 65% ND fans).

Five blowout wins.

Which teams that I ranked below us have better resumes? The Clemson team that lost by 40? Uh, no. The UCF team that lost at home? Uh, no. The Virginia Tech team whose best win (at East Carolina) is worse than ours and who lost by more than us? No. Who?

Northwestern isn't a much better than ECU, IMO. UCLA has much better wins than Wisconsin and a better loss, IMO.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf:

Stanford 42
Ariz St....28

Arizona State outgained Stanford and had a chance to win the game with a couple of minutes left. It was clear that the two teams were of the same caliber to people who saw the whole game.

And I obviously meant that it as a home game for ASU, while ASU's other losses were on the road.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Northwestern isn't a much better than ECU, IMO. UCLA has much better wins than Wisconsin and a better loss, IMO.

I'd be with you if they didn't look so horrendous yesterday. And i'm not talking about "Stanford made them look bad" plays. I'm talking about missed point blank throws, dropped passes, interceptions because payers tripped, and holding penalties far away from the ball. They looked completely awful and were pretty helpless against a somewhat out-of-form Stanford team.

And as you can probably guess, I strongly disagree with a 24-10 road loss at Stanford where you get outgained by 150 being better than a seven-point loss against OSU with even yardage.

Edit: Also, I meant our best win being @ASU. People can disagree with me all they want about whether I should count that as .8 of a win, but I will continue to do and think that I am completely justified in doing so.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona State outgained Stanford and had a chance to win the game with a couple of minutes left. It was clear that the two teams were of the same caliber to people who saw the whole game.

And I obviously meant that it as a home game for ASU, while ASU's other losses were on the road.

You are without a doubt as delusional as there is on SportsHoopla.

Stanford was ahead 39-7 at the end of the 3rd Q and subbed their scrubs in the 4th. I watched that game.

....................1.. 2.. 3.. 4 Total

Arizona State. 0.. 0.. 7. 21 28
Stanford...... 13. 16 10.. 3 42

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be with you if they didn't look so horrendous yesterday. And i'm not talking about "Stanford made them look bad" plays. I'm talking about missed point blank throws, dropped passes, interceptions because payers tripped, and holding penalties far away from the ball. They looked completely awful and were pretty helpless against a somewhat out-of-form Stanford team.

And as you can probably guess, I strongly disagree with a 24-10 road loss at Stanford where you get outgained by 150 being better than a seven-point loss against OSU with even yardage.

Edit: Also, I meant our best win being @ASU. People can disagree with me all they want about whether I should count that as .8 of a win, but I will continue to do and think that I am completely justified in doing so.

I guess I should've made it clear that I meant the fact that UCLA has one loss is better than Wisconsin having 1.2 or 2. But, I still think that's interesting. Did you give Texas A&M any credit for a win yesterday?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

By all means continue representing the B-one-G.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn't any real evidence on what Wisconsin's Power Level is because the only non conference team they played was Arizona St. Their best win is a Northwestern team that is known for almost sticking with Ohio St with some timely turnovers at home. They lost to Ohio St in a 'not blowout' but then we don't really know much about Ohio st outside of the context of the Big 10, either.

So there is that Arizona St game which is kinda like a tie but shows up as a loss and probably should have been a win.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are without a doubt as delusional as there is on SportsHoopla.

Stanford was ahead 39-7 at the end of the 3rd Q and subbed their scrubs in the 4th. I watched that game.

If you watched the game you would know that they didn't sub on defense.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would love to agree with you but my takeaway after that game was that we aren't good enough to compete with top tier teams. We got dominated for a half and were able to do a little damage control in the second.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They took out Hogan. Other than that, their key players were in the entire time.

It was 39-28 with 6:00 minutes left. Arizona State had just scored on three straight possessions. Arizona State stopped Stanford. They were going to get the ball back on a team they had repeatedly score on with ease. Stanford's defense was gassed b ASU's high-paced offense and it was clear to anyone watching the game.

ASU got a 12 man penalty (one of the worst penalties you'll ever see). If you don't think Stanford was sweating, you are kidding yourself.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They took out Hogan. Other than that, their key players were in the entire time.

It was 39-28 with 6:00 minutes left. Arizona State had just scored on three straight possessions. Arizona State stopped Stanford. They were going to get the ball back on a team they had repeatedly score on with ease. Stanford's defense was gassed b ASU's high-paced offense and it was clear to anyone watching the game.

ASU got a 12 man penalty (one of the worst penalties you'll ever see). If you don't think Stanford was sweating, you are kidding yourself.

Keep lying to yourself. Nobody here is buying it.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Omg, still talking about ASU vs Wisconsin?

Did I tell you about my 2 cats?

KnightAndDay

Separate or shoot to kill
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,129.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Virginia Tech at all?

The only thing that warrants top 25 consideration is the defense. They have no true 1# receiver. The running game has been decent, but needs to improve. The QB play has been average at best. Their best win so far is over a 5-2 East Carolina team who lost to Tulane.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that warrants top 25 consideration is the defense. They have no true 1# receiver. The running game has been decent, but needs to improve. The QB play has been average at best. Their best win so far is over a 5-2 East Carolina team who lost to Tulane.

Gee, That sounds an awful lot like the old lunch pail Va Tech teams to me.

ncf_vtlunchpail3_275.jpg

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You realize you ranked Michigan State 13th, right? They're pretty similar except for Alabama >>> Notre Dame.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So teams like Auburn and aTm that have great offenses but FCS defenses are cool with you but not the other way. Football is played on both sides of the ball. Evaluating is the difference between a 15-10 or 19-9 win and a 58-45 or 45-37 win.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So teams like Auburn and aTm that have great offenses but FCS defenses are cool with you but not the other way. Football is played on both sides of the ball. Evaluating is the difference between a 15-10 or 19-9 win and a 58-45 or 45-37 win.

auburn's defense isn't that bad

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see an ASU vs Wisconsin match up now. Especially with how both defenses are playing.