• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla Recipes Thread

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After my qualifying exams are over, I'm going to make a big cookbook document out of all this stuff. Every recipe. Oh yeah. And a table of contents.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the shit...God is it something people will remember. MMMMmmmm. Don't make it more than 2 inches high or it won't rise because it's so heavy. Make 3 2 inch cakes and pile 'em up. Then, put a big Go Gators on there:

Waldorf Astoria Red Velvet Cake Recipe

Ingredients

* CAKE:
* 1/2 cup shortening
* 1 1/2 cups sugar
* 2 eggs
* 2 ounces red food coloring (that's a lot)
* 2 tablespoons cocoa (heaping)
* 1 cup buttermilk
* 2 1/4 cups cake flour
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon vinegar
* FROSTING:
* 3 tablespoons flour
* 1 cup milk
* 1 cup sugar
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 1 cup butter (must be butter!)
INSTRUCTIONS

1. For Cake:
2. Cream shortening, sugar and eggs.
3. Make a paste of food coloring and cocoa. Add to creamed mixture.
4. Add buttermilk alternating with flour and salt.
5. Add vanilla.
6. Add soda to vinegar (it foams!), and blend into cake batter.
7. Pour into 3 or 4 greased and floured 8" cake pans.
8. Bake at 350 F. for 24-30 minutes.
9. Frost with the following frosting.

For Frosting:
Add milk to flour slowly, avoiding lumps.
Cook flour and milk until very thick, stirring constantly.
**COOL IT COMPLETELY!!
Cream sugar, butter and vanilla until fluffy. Add to cooked mixture.
Beat, high speed, until very fluffy. Looks and tastes like whipped cream.
The red velvet cake recipe is ready to serve..Enjoy it !

Im the only one in my house that likes red velvet cake.. otherwise Id probably run to the store right now.. lol

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
London Broil

I double this recipe:

1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon oil
2 tablespoons water
1/4 cup soy sauce

Mix all together and marinate steak overnight ( I often do it for quite a short time) in a ziploc bag. Can be frozen in marinade and kept for longer periods of time. Best when steak is grilled but can be broiled.

This is my mother's London broil recipe. There is nothing in the world as amazing as this London broil on a wood-burning grill.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:bump:

oops, I started a thread that had already been done. Forgive me

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im the only one in my house that likes red velvet cake.. otherwise Id probably run to the store right now.. lol

Really? I thought it was universally loved. That one is just crazy too...wet moist and sinful. Only thing bad about it is red is FSU's color - that cheapens it a bit.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have several recipes I came up with to help me lose weight. Low cal, low sodium stuff that still tastes pretty good. Not sure how many would be interested in that kind of stuff tho.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have several recipes I came up with to help me lose weight. Low cal, low sodium stuff that still tastes pretty good. Not sure how many would be interested in that kind of stuff tho.

you never know. I was surprised at the responses I had to a health issue a couple weeks ago. And my wife loves when I make an effort to cook low cal meals for her. Post one or two, might help me get a little.

Beggs

Nipples of a God
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive got an amazing lasagna recipe. ive been making it for years, and it is universally loved. have never told anyone the recipe, but i like a few of you, so ill allow you to have it.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gumbo with no okra. Now that's one I can eat. There's not but 1 veggie that I despise and that's bowled okry. That's some nasty shyte.

Beggs

Nipples of a God
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lasagna receipe;

1- pound of ground beef
1- pound of Italian sausage (hot or mild)
1- 32 ounce of prego pasta sauce
1- 24 cottage cheese or 16 ounce ricotta cheese
2- 12 pkgs of Mozzarella shredded cheese
2- eggs
1 cup of Parmesan cheese
1 pkg of Lasagna noodles
1 cake size pan

Brown the ground beef and the italian sausage( without the casing on the sausage) together and drain. Put the jar of the pasta sauce in the ground beef and let simmer for 10 minutes.
In a large pan, boil the lasagna noodles in water with one tablespoon of cooking oil (this prevents the water from boiling over). Drain the noodles.
In a separate bowl MIX the cottage cheese or ricotta cheese together with the 2 eggs and 3/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese.
Now with the pan, place a small layer of the meat sauce on the bottom of the pan, then spread the noodles over it and start with the layers.
Noodles then the meat sauce, the cottage cheese layer, then the noodles, meat sauce and the cottage cheese layer again....repeat this until it reaches the top.
Bake at 375 degrees until brown on the top which takes about 30 minutes or so. After it is finished, let it sit for 10 minutes and it will remain hot but will slice much better.

this recipe is so much better with the cottage cheese btw. i include both because i know some people prefer ricotta

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gumbo with no okra. Now that's one I can eat. There's not but 1 veggie that I despise and that's bowled okry. That's some nasty shyte.

go okra!

The_Fighting_Okra.jpg

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lasagna receipe;

1- pound of ground beef
1- pound of Italian sausage (hot or mild)
1- 32 ounce of prego pasta sauce
1- 24 cottage cheese or 16 ounce ricotta cheese
2- 12 pkgs of Mozzarella shredded cheese
2- eggs
1 cup of Parmesan cheese
1 pkg of Lasagna noodles
1 cake size pan

Brown the ground beef and the italian sausage( without the casing on the sausage) together and drain. Put the jar of the pasta sauce in the ground beef and let simmer for 10 minutes.
In a large pan, boil the lasagna noodles in water with one tablespoon of cooking oil (this prevents the water from boiling over). Drain the noodles.
In a separate bowl MIX the cottage cheese or ricotta cheese together with the 2 eggs and 3/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese.
Now with the pan, place a small layer of the meat sauce on the bottom of the pan, then spread the noodles over it and start with the layers.
Noodles then the meat sauce, the cottage cheese layer, then the noodles, meat sauce and the cottage cheese layer again....repeat this until it reaches the top.
Bake at 375 degrees until brown on the top which takes about 30 minutes or so. After it is finished, let it sit for 10 minutes and it will remain hot but will slice much better.

this recipe is so much better with the cottage cheese btw. i include both because i know some people prefer ricotta

:eek:

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im trying to keep cost down. prego is the best lower priced option

If I buy sauce I usually get Ragu mushroom.....it's not bad, but you still have to add stuff to it