• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla mock

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You can follow it here:

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...764-tofficial-2012-nfl-mock-draft-thread.html

So far the 49ers (me) have taken:

1. Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin
2. Brandon Boykin, CB, Georgia
3. Mike Martin, DT, Michigan
4. DeVier Posey, WR, Ohio St.

We're in the middle of the 5th round currently, but it's going slower than molasses.

having added so many WR's via free agency, i'd think round 4 would be the spot for RB? but i'm just going by positions cause don't know about value. if Posey is the value there, no problem.

maybe RB in round 5, granted the ones we brought in are all taken......i think? Robert Turbin?

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Turbin was already taken in that mock.
IMO with the signing of Jacobs I don't see us adding a 5th RB in the draft unless it's a total steal.
Plus in the later rounds we need depth at OLB & Safety for sure. Plus I could see us trading a later pick(s) to move up.
I like this mock save Boykin. We already have 6 CBs - Rogers, Brown, Culliver, Brock, Cox, Holcomb. So I'm just uneasy about spending a 2nd on an already deep position.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turbin was taken early in the 5th. CNTRL + F makes it easier to find players.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turbin was already taken in that mock.
IMO with the signing of Jacobs I don't see us adding a 5th RB in the draft unless it's a total steal.
Plus in the later rounds we need depth at OLB & Safety for sure. Plus I could see us trading a later pick(s) to move up.
I like this mock save Boykin. We already have 6 CBs - Rogers, Brown, Culliver, Brock, Cox, Holcomb. So I'm just uneasy about spending a 2nd on an already deep position.

we only have 3 quality players at corner. boykin or bentley are good value late in the 2nd.

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
we only have 3 quality players at corner. boykin or bentley are good value late in the 2nd.

Your point? We have two quality players at OLB and Safety, with one backup.

Maybe Boykin is good value, but that doesn't mean I have to like the pick if I see it as a luxury position.

I also feel Cox has a lot of potential, and the staff is high on Brock.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your point? We have two quality players at OLB and Safety, with one backup.

Maybe Boykin is good value, but that doesn't mean I have to like the pick if I see it as a luxury position.

I also feel Cox has a lot of potential, and the staff is high on Brock.

the draft is about filling needs in the future not about next season

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
having added so many WR's via free agency, i'd think round 4 would be the spot for RB? but i'm just going by positions cause don't know about value. if Posey is the value there, no problem.

maybe RB in round 5, granted the ones we brought in are all taken......i think? Robert Turbin?

I'm not sure we have two starting-caliber WRs on the roster right now. Moss is unlikely to regain his prior ability, and Manningham has never been more than a #3. I think WR is still one of our top-two needs.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure we have two starting-caliber WRs on the roster right now. Moss is unlikely to regain his prior ability, and Manningham has never been more than a #3. I think WR is still one of our top-two needs.

it's interesting that we're meeting with floyd. not sure if it's a just in case he drops to us doing our homework routine, or if they're thinking about moving up a bit to grab him.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
floyd 2nd round? we're meeting with him from what i seen on twitter. he'd be a good pick up, heck exactly what we need in a red zone target

I was hoping he would drop due to character concerns (partly for selfish reasons as I want him in a 49er uniform), but he's cleaned his act up and killed it in the post NCAA season. I would be ECSTATIC if he was somehow there at 30. Not bloody likely though (5% chance kinda likelihood).

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I was hoping he would drop due to character concerns (partly for selfish reasons as I want him in a 49er uniform), but he's cleaned his act up and killed it in the post NCAA season. I would be ECSTATIC if he was somehow there at 30. Not bloody likely though (5% chance kinda likelihood).

So your saying there's a chance...

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your saying there's a chance...

Exactly.

jim%2Bcarrey.jpg

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We'll need all the CB's we can get. Just look at next year's schedule. Still want CB and WR to be the first two picks.

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good CBs are hard to find, agreed, but why spend a 2nd rd pick if he's 4th or 5th on the depth chart? Unless you think that CB is going to surpass our top 3 I don't see any logic behind that.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good CBs are hard to find, agreed, but why spend a 2nd rd pick if he's 4th or 5th on the depth chart? Unless you think that CB is going to surpass our top 3 I don't see any logic behind that.

Rogers, Brown, and Culliver...

Rogers put up his best season to date at the age of 30
Brown put up his best season
Culliver played well above expectations

I think majority of us draftniks don't believe that each one is capable of playing at their 2011 level next year. It only takes one player to be down on his luck for an Elite passing team to take advantage, which is the reason we want the 49ers to stack up on impact CBs.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What we have done in free agency for WR should not stop us from drafting a WR or even two in the first four rounds. We have 1 starting caliber WR that is under contract for longer than 2 seasons, Crabs. After this season we will have two starting caliber WRs total on our roster, Crabs and Manningham.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Parys is gone next year, and Dashon is on a one year deal. Meanwhile Culliver, Rogers, etc have multiple years left, so your argument is?

boykin or bentley gives us a potential #2 in a couple years when rogers might be done. either should be our #4 out of training camp.

not to mention goldson might knock out a couple of our corners during the season, so we need the depth. :washing:

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
the draft is about filling needs in the future not about next season

The draft is about picking players that can contribute when called upon. There are no guarantees against injuries therefore teams will look for players that can contribute if the need arises.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The draft is about picking players that can contribute when called upon. There are no guarantees against injuries therefore teams will look for players that can contribute if the need arises.

i just can't stand picking players just because we have a roster spot open. even late day picks can be special team stars, so u don't wanna waste those either forcing picks.

baalke is off to a good start draft wise, hope he doesn't blow it forcing 'need 'picks