• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla Hokie potential Offensive Coach Tracker

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been called that before, but not by you.

tumblr_lm7kads9dA1qdduog.gif

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I want to know the damned logic behind allowing an under performing unit to persist year after year after year. If he builds a national championship case then he better do something else besides waiting for another Mike Vick to come around to fill it. No I can't say I want Beamer gone after these changes if indeed they go through.

I don't understand people who show support or faith in the former offensive coaches to make the right decisions. They sucked. The RB rotation last year sucked so I question the abilities of whoever was in charge of that. When your starting QB is near the bottom of the NCAA in several categories, then yeah you explore other options even if it's only temporary. Why they didn't I'll never know. I don't know that it's Beamers decision anyway about the starting QB but I'd say if it was Stinespring's he'd do whatever Beamer asked because of their unusual relationship. And I wasn't talking about a conspiracy in keeping Stinespring on the staff, I was questioning the decision to promote him to OC and keep him there. Just look at Stinespring's resume that I posted in this thread earlier

tumblr_lonk2ael8C1qc91k6o2_400.gif

hokie43

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Might be a silly question, but do the coaches need to be "officially hired" to be able to recruit? It would be nice if the coaches can go out and recruit right now.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Might be a silly question, but do the coaches need to be "officially hired" to be able to recruit? It would be nice if the coaches can go out and recruit right now.

pretty sure they have to be on staff to be out recruiting, should be official soon though. I'd assume they will spend the first little bit locking down the verbals for this year and getting in contact with guys for next cycle.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Beamer gave up on OCain's ability "land safely" after he was turned down for the Charleston Southern job.

Mike Barber ‏@RTD_MikeBarber
Virginia Tech QB coach and offensive play-caller Mike O'Cain says he was fired on Tuesday.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The quotes in this article are terrific..
Virginia Tech has fired QB coach Mike O?Cain | Virginia Tech Sports

O'Cain:
Sometimes you don’t understand why things happen when they do.
I think we were pretty good
There was never any indication during the season that anything was going to happen... I’ve been in this profession for 36 years. You know when things aren’t going good and you’re struggling and there’s a disgruntled bunch out there, for whatever the reason, that that could happen. But I had no inclination that it was going to happen.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
O'Cain seems less aware than most of the people on this board.

I sympathize with him on the age thing, but that's not enough reason to keep him around. He got paid a decent salary, so I hope he stocked something away. Plus, can't he collect unemployment for an unlimited amount of time these days?

Last edited by a moderator:

rockhead44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O'Cain cannot complain. He got a nice payday for 7 years. Prior to that, he was so in-demand as a coach that he was working Hokie Replay for Comcast SportsNet.

I am thrilled to see him gone. Newsome being replaced is anothe rpositive. If Hite were to be off the sideline, things would be even better.

hokieone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O'Cain cannot complain. He got a nice payday for 7 years. Prior to that, he was so in-demand as a coach that he was working Hokie Replay for Comcast SportsNet.

I am thrilled to see him gone. Newsome being replaced is anothe rpositive. If Hite were to be off the sideline, things would be even better.

Hite has been off the sideline since lil' Beamer and Cornell Brown came on board. Both he and Coach Cav were moved to administrative posts to make room for the two new coaches. Neither are allowed to actually do any coaching anymore.

In fact, rumor is even Hite is wondering what he is getting paid for these days.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Hite has been off the sideline since lil' Beamer and Cornell Brown came on board. Both he and Coach Cav were moved to administrative posts to make room for the two new coaches. Neither are allowed to actually do any coaching anymore.

In fact, rumor is even Hite is wondering what he is getting paid for these days.

Hite is still on the sideline as an advisor to BigBeamer. I think that is what he was refering too, as it is rumored that he 'advises" Frank about playcalling and decision making.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The quotes in this article are terrific..
Virginia Tech has fired QB coach Mike O?Cain | Virginia Tech Sports

There was never any indication during the season that anything was going to happen... I’ve been in this profession for 36 years. You know when things aren’t going good and you’re struggling and there’s a disgruntled bunch out there, for whatever the reason, that that could happen. But I had no inclination that it was going to happen.

O'Cain:

^ nice of him to cover up (i guess) for Beamer and VT but he knew months ago he wouldnt be retained.

rockhead44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hite is still on the sideline as an advisor to BigBeamer. I think that is what he was refering too, as it is rumored that he 'advises" Frank about playcalling and decision making.

Exactly. Anyone who watched games the past 2 seasons saw him front and center wearing a headset on the sidelines. Odd for a guy who isn't a "coach"

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
On paper, that lineup looks like they can coach football. I'm really hoping they'll be able to gel and improve the VT offense. Right now, I've got every reason to believe they can. Loeffler seems custom made to pick up the VT offense from right where they are and kick it up a notch. The VT offense isn't the dumpster fire he inherited at Auburn.

Grimes should be a huge improvement, and I like Moorehead as well.