• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sporting News lists its 10 worst FA signings.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I actually think the Jared Allen signing was one of the worst. I was actually happy when I thought the Seahawks signed him. Too bad the Bears won the bidding war. :(

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At age 34, I'm not sure Peppers has much left in the tank. He still has the experience to play well, but his days of rushing the passer for double digit sacks are gone.

Peppers suffers from chronic plantar fasciitis, which is inflammation of a tendon that is located along the bottom of your foot. It is a treatable condition, that is if your day consists of casual walking, but in Peppers' case the condition has really affected his play and it will only worsen as his career continues. He has been accused of "taking plays off", which is quite understandable. This condition, coupled with the effects of maturation, will hamper his performance next season.

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't see how Austin was a bad pickup. He's had injury issues, but Cle desperately needed another WR and he was the best available.

Check back with us after he pulls his hamstring.

Because - he will.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't see how Austin was a bad pickup. He's had injury issues, but Cle desperately needed another WR and he was the best available.

Plus if he makes the roster it's one year 2M. If he doesn't make the roster the Browns are out 300,000.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Peppers suffers from chronic plantar fasciitis, which is inflammation of a tendon that is located along the bottom of your foot. It is a treatable condition, that is if your day consists of casual walking, but in Peppers' case the condition has really affected his play and it will only worsen as his career continues. He has been accused of "taking plays off", which is quite understandable. This condition, coupled with the effects of maturation, will hamper his performance next season.

I had no idea about this. I've had plantar fasciitis; it's extremely painful. Eli Manning had some of his worst play when he was suffering with it. I fixed the problem with better shoes, but it took a really long time.

On the other hand, if he gets all healed up from this he could play even better than he did in Chicago; and he was a man eater in Chicago IMO. One of the most schemed-against players I've ever seen.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how Peppers is a terrible signing. He may be on the decline but he still has the ability to dominate at the line of scrimmage.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how Peppers is a terrible signing. He may be on the decline but he still has the ability to dominate at the line of scrimmage.

Not to mention provide some much needed experience, and possibly leadership for all the younger guys.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention provide some much needed experience, and possibly leadership for all the younger guys.

The problem is he hasn't dominated the line of scrimmage lately. In 2012, he had a supporting cast around him and his decline was masked. Last season, however, it was painfully obvious that he has taken a few steps back. I really like him as a player, and I hope he does well in GB... Just not against the Bears.