• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sporting News lists its 10 worst FA signings.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL's 10 worst offseason free agency moves - NFL - Sporting News

The players on their new teams are:

1. Moreno. Miami
2. Fitzpatrick. Houston
3. Peppers. GB
4. Austin. Cleveland
5. Oher. TN
6. Hatcher. Washington
7. Spikes. Buffalo
8. Bailey. NO
9. Gerhart. JAX
10. Woodley. Oakland.

I agree with the Moreno pick. I will be surprised if he ever comes close to producing like he did last year. Hope the prediction about Champ is wrong and the one about Woodley is right (didn't realize that Oakland got Justin Tuck!).

The Fitzpatrick prediction is interesting. Wonder if former Houston Cougar Case Keenum can beat him out for the starting job.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I wonder how each of these guys will fair against the Seahawks...anyone???

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moreno at the top is a bit surprising mostly because the contract isn't quite as bad as a lot of those guys on the list. It is a 1 year $3 million contract. Some of these other guys have multiple year contracts with lots more per year dedicated to them even though most are on the tail end of their career.

One that I am surprised isn't on the list is Zane Beadles. Again mostly because of contract. He is now making top-10 money for his position yet finished something like 51st on PFF for play at the guard position (Each team has 2 starting guards so multiply that by number of teams and you get 64 starting guards). So just not sure how you justify that signing at that price. Don't get me wrong he is an average player that will most likely improve the play on the OL but not to the point of his contract value.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peppers being on that list doesn't surprise me. A lot of unknowns with him in a 3-4.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL's 10 worst offseason free agency moves - NFL - Sporting News

The players on their new teams are:

1. Moreno. Miami
2. Fitzpatrick. Houston
3. Peppers. GB
4. Austin. Cleveland
5. Oher. TN
6. Hatcher. Washington
7. Spikes. Buffalo
8. Bailey. NO
9. Gerhart. JAX
10. Woodley. Oakland.

I agree with the Moreno pick. I will be surprised if he ever comes close to producing like he did last year. Hope the prediction about Champ is wrong and the one about Woodley is right (didn't realize that Oakland got Justin Tuck!).

The Fitzpatrick prediction is interesting. Wonder if former Houston Cougar Case Keenum can beat him out for the starting job.
IMO Fitz has the potential to be a good fit for the Texans. I might agree with some of the list but Peppers and Spikes might be in better spots this season to contribute.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I wonder how each of these guys will fair against the Seahawks...anyone???

And once again a non seahawk fan is attempting to make a thread into a seahawks thread just so they can blame it on seahawk fans.

Do any of you get tired of trying to troll up our base? Sure doesn't seem like it.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And once again a non seahawk fan is attempting to make a thread into a seahawks thread just so they can blame it on seahawk fans.

Do any of you get tired of trying to troll up our base? Sure doesn't seem like it.

I think it was a joke based on the back & forth lately about all that.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was a joke based on the back & forth lately about all that.

Yes, Thanks. I guess you just know me better than the others. I thought it was pretty obvious that it was a joke when I typed it!!!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:scratch:Let's see if we can figure out how to fix that sarcasm detector of yours. It seems to be broken...I think the flux capacitor burned out...

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Fitz has the potential to be a good fit for the Texans. I might agree with some of the list but Peppers and Spikes might be in better spots this season to contribute.

Maybe you are right about Fitpatrick, but I tend to agree with the comment in the piece linked in the OP that he isn't really a clear upgrade over Schaub.

That piece also explains that the prediction for Spikes to have a disappointing season is mostly Kiko Alonso going down for the year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you are right about Fitpatrick, but I tend to agree with the comment in the piece linked in the OP that he isn't really a clear upgrade over Schaub.

That piece also explains that the prediction for Spikes to have a disappointing season is mostly Kiko Alonso going down for the year.

Not sure Fitzpatrick has to be better than Schaub though. I would say the only way he has to be better than Schaub is not throwing Pick-6's. Houston had 9 games of the 14 they lost that were by a touchdown or less. Schaub throwing that pick-6 was the difference in a lot of those games. Throw in getting Arian Foster back plus quite a few upgraded pieces through the draft I think even an average quarterback with the talent on that team can compete for a playoff spot. They can't win it all is my guess but at least back to the playoffs then hope that Tom Savage develops.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Possibly for Fitzy but he has to be better than pick-six- Schuab. I'm not sure how Spikes will perform this year but I'm willing to bet it won't be a top ten bust if he is healthy.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure Fitzpatrick has to be better than Schaub though. I would say the only way he has to be better than Schaub is not throwing Pick-6's. Houston had 9 games of the 14 they lost that were by a touchdown or less. Schaub throwing that pick-6 was the difference in a lot of those games. Throw in getting Arian Foster back plus quite a few upgraded pieces through the draft I think even an average quarterback with the talent on that team can compete for a playoff spot. They can't win it all is my guess but at least back to the playoffs then hope that Tom Savage develops.

You make some good points. It'll also be interesting to see how the team responds to the new coaching staff and how the Andre Johnson situation unfolds.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly for Fitzy but he has to be better than pick-six- Schuab. I'm not sure how Spikes will perform this year but I'm willing to bet it won't be a top ten bust if he is healthy.

I tend to agree with that. I didn't explain it very well, but I think that the Spikes prediction is based mostly on the fact that Kiko Alonso is out for the year, which will presumably hurt the entire Bills defense quite a bit. The loss of Jarius Byrd in free agency also figures to hurt.