• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sporting News lists its 10 worst FA signings.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You make some good points. It'll also be interesting to see how the team responds to the new coaching staff and how the Andre Johnson situation unfolds.
He stays or he retires. I'm not sure how much more Andre can do. If he wants to play with another team it won't be this season. I think he stays and contributes like he always has.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt-Schaub-Pick-Six-Burger.jpg

As long as Fitz doesn't get a burger named after him, he'll be an upgrade over Schaub.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He stays or he retires. I'm not sure how much more Andre can do. If he wants to play with another team it won't be this season. I think he stays and contributes like he always has.

He really holds none of the cards in this situation. They trade him they take a big dead money hit. They keep him they get a guy who can go for 1,400 yards and make the offense dynamic. My guess is what they want in a trade to make up for the dead money issue is nowhere near what teams would offer. So it just makes more sense for the team to hold onto him than see what they can get in the market.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really holds none of the cards in this situation. They trade him they take a big dead money hit. They keep him they get a guy who can go for 1,400 yards and make the offense dynamic. My guess is what they want in a trade to make up for the dead money issue is nowhere near what teams would offer. So it just makes more sense for the team to hold onto him than see what they can get in the market.
The team has already said they will will not trade him. This leaves him one choice (unless they are trying to trade him on the side!) I would say he sucks it up and does well for the Texans this season. Fitz to Andre...TD!

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peppers being on that list doesn't surprise me. A lot of unknowns with him in a 3-4.

I think it's fair to put him on that list, but it's also a move that could really work out. If Peppers is rushing from one side and Matthews the other, your OT's had better have their chin straps buckled

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's fair to put him on that list, but it's also a move that could really work out. If Peppers is rushing from one side and Matthews the other, your OT's had better have their chin straps buckled

At age 34, I'm not sure Peppers has much left in the tank. He still has the experience to play well, but his days of rushing the passer for double digit sacks are gone.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Will he be standing or have a hand on the ground? OLB in a 3-4 would be something completely new for him and 3-4 end is completely different than a 4-3 end. Many have made the switch in the past but not at that age or that late into ones career.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will he be standing or have a hand on the ground? OLB in a 3-4 would be something completely new for him and 3-4 end is completely different than a 4-3 end. Many have made the switch in the past but not at that age or that late into ones career.

That's the question I have, to me, there's just no way he can be a full time OLB, because the QB's today are all so good at isolating defenders and dictating coverages, the guy simply can't cover backs and TE's. I think they bring him in on 3rd and longs and put his hand on the ground or stand him up with straight pass rush responsibilities. If he plays more than 20-25 snaps a game, I think it's a bust

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the question I have, to me, there's just no way he can be a full time OLB, because the QB's today are all so good at isolating defenders and dictating coverages, the guy simply can't cover backs and TE's. I think they bring him in on 3rd and longs and put his hand on the ground or stand him up with straight pass rush responsibilities. If he plays more than 20-25 snaps a game, I think it's a bust
A bust for the money he is being paid or for what he can do for the Packers? I do understand about his line-up but I still think he brings more to the Packers than they have had in the last few years. As for the contract....too much.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bust for the money he is being paid or for what he can do for the Packers? I do understand about his line-up but I still think he brings more to the Packers than they have had in the last few years. As for the contract....too much.

Here's the thing to me....If Rodgers is healthy, the Packers are going to play with a lot of leads, and Peppers will be able to do the one thing he can still do well, rush the passer, especially with Matthews drawing doubles. If Rodgers goes down again, it won't matter either way IMO

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't see how Austin was a bad pickup. He's had injury issues, but Cle desperately needed another WR and he was the best available.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing to me....If Rodgers is healthy, the Packers are going to play with a lot of leads, and Peppers will be able to do the one thing he can still do well, rush the passer, especially with Matthews drawing doubles. If Rodgers goes down again, it won't matter either way IMO
True in that one , but I think that the current roster of the Packers' D will hold better than in the recent past. Not playoff winning better, but still not a bust team or for Peppers.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't see how Austin was a bad pickup. He's had injury issues, but Cle desperately needed another WR and he was the best available.

Austin was a nice chance IMO. He's always hurt, but when he plays, his talent isn't in doubt

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he'll be solid IF he can stay upright....seems to be a hammy problem just waiting to happen

dyhard

Yo mama sucking my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like the move the Packers made to get Peppers. They needed help on the defense, especially in pass rush and I trust the Packers organization more than any other organization in the NFL. They've always done things right and they don't go into free agency much, but when they do hit free agency, the players seem to make a good impact. so with that being said, I trust this move. and Peppers wouldn't have signed if he didn't think he could make the transition from 4-3 to 3-4

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
the Peppers signing was a better signing than the Broncos' contract with Demarcus Ware IMO.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like the move the Packers made to get Peppers. They needed help on the defense, especially in pass rush and I trust the Packers organization more than any other organization in the NFL. They've always done things right and they don't go into free agency much, but when they do hit free agency, the players seem to make a good impact. so with that being said, I trust this move. and Peppers wouldn't have signed if he didn't think he could make the transition from 4-3 to 3-4

The Packers run a base 3-4, but like all teams, they run a lot of four man fronts as well, and I think Peppers will have his hand down most of the time. The Packers have had the best player in the league for a few years now in Rodgers, I think this is their front office going all in

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peppers isn't guaranteed big money or long term. If he performs, he stays and earns his money. If he doesn't, he doesn't stay and earn his money. I see it as a decent money to see and if he does, great, give him more, if not, we're not out a lot type deal.

Either way, Peppers is an athlete and has done more than just rush a passer in his career. I don't think he's going to be a 20 sack beast, but I don't see him being a liability on the D. He has too much athleticsim even at his age, and I think he'll be around 10 -12 range for sacks used situationaly. Hardly a bust.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
People have been underestimating and undervaluing Peppers his entire career. I have no idea why. I don't know whom he pissed off in the media because they never gave him the kind of credit he deserved.