• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Speaking of overrated.. Scam Newton

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he's completely under-rated as a snazzy dresser
"what, you dont like my scarf?"

cam_cowboy.jpg

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why does everyone say that? i dont understand. a QB's job is to throw the ball. its what they should be primarily judged on.
thats like saying a yankee prospect who hits .211 is awesome because he steals bases.

Cam runs a lot though. Not showing his running #'s is shady IMO. Running is a huge part of his game.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam runs a lot though. Not showing his running #'s is shady IMO. Running is a huge part of his game.
it was for vince coleman too

but his job was to hit

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why does everyone say that? i dont understand. a QB's job is to throw the ball. its what they should be primarily judged on.
thats like saying a yankee prospect who hits .211 is awesome because he steals bases.

No, no...pro athletes are rated on ONE stat only...FACT

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thats fair if you want to show what kinda QB he has been

But in terms of what kinda QB he is gonna be, with his ability to run now being limited, I think its a safe prediction to say he may not be very good considering being a true pocket passer is not something he looks comfortable being

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats fair if you want to show what kinda QB he has been

But in terms of what kinda QB he is gonna be, with his ability to run now being limited, I think its a safe prediction to say he may not be very good considering being a true pocket passer is not something he looks comfortable being

Just how many good pocket passers do we got nowadays? 6? Maybe 7? I guess Luck counts as a half, since there's not much left of him at this point

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just how many good pocket passers do we got nowadays? 6? Maybe 7? I guess Luck counts as a half, since there's not much left of him at this point

Firstly, thats racist

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of old news here, I think. The guy is an amazing athlete but people have been saying all along that his skills as a passer aren't that great. His body sure can't keep taking the pounding for sure so his skills as a running QB won't matter in the long term, imo.
Now, as for the important stat. His taste in wardrobe. Personally, I find some of his choices to be rather weird looking but I'm a blue collar hick so I don't know shit about fashion. :D

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Yards per Carry' has dropped almost every year, although he shouldn't be running that much imo

5.6 rookie year, 14 TDs
4.0 last year, 5 TDs
3.3 so far this year, 1 TD

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
interesting read, and timely for this thread:

Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: What's the Deal with Cam Newton?

1. Should Cam Newton Take a Seat?

It was in March when Cam Newton had shoulder surgery, a development that limited the Panthers quarterback to throwing two passes in the exhibition season while also curtailing his participation in training camp.

Then, in Week 2, he injured his ankle. Two weeks ago, Panthers coach Ron Rivera spoke of the new normal for Newton, telling Max Henson of Panthers.com that injuries would likely force Newton to be limited in practice for much of the season.

Newton has rarely gotten enough credit for his incredible toughness. I haven't seen a quarterback take the kind of physical beating Newton does almost weekly since I covered Steve Young. And Young had seven concussions during his NFL career.

Newton has been, in the football sense, a warrior.

That comes with a cost. Some team officials told B/R that when they watch Newton they feel he's breaking down physically—fast.

To be fair, these officials haven't talked to Newton's doctors, so much of this is speculation.

Yet it's hard to deny that Newton in the early going this season looks physically drained, and scouts who have watched him closely believe he is far more beat up than the team, or Newton, is willing to say.

While those same scouts are impressed with Newton's willingness to play while clearly not at full health, they also wonder how smart it is for Newton to keep playing. Is he sacrificing long-term success to play now? Should he sit and fully recuperate the way Andrew Luck is?

Given his limited practice schedule, there is a belief that Newton is more injured than anyone is letting on, and that that is leading to his struggles on the field, where he has thrown for 566 yards and two touchdowns with four interceptions through three games.

Newton, for his part, is telling people to relax.

"Moving forward, there is no need to panic," Newton said, via the team's website. "There is no need to rush. There is no need to be up in arms about the situation. Should you be frustrated as a fan? Absolutely. I am frustrated with my lackluster performance, knowing that we are better than the performances we've been putting on the past couple of weeks.

"Be patient, and know that big things are ahead for us. This year's Panthers team has big things to do."

But will it do them with what looks to be a hobbled Newton?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, as for the important stat. His taste in wardrobe. Personally, I find some of his choices to be rather weird looking but I'm a blue collar hick so I don't know shit about fashion. :D

I think yer lyin...I think you got a full closet of all the latest couture...what size are you? can we swap some stuff?

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
interesting read, and timely for this thread:

Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: What's the Deal with Cam Newton?

1. Should Cam Newton Take a Seat?

It was in March when Cam Newton had shoulder surgery, a development that limited the Panthers quarterback to throwing two passes in the exhibition season while also curtailing his participation in training camp.

Then, in Week 2, he injured his ankle. Two weeks ago, Panthers coach Ron Rivera spoke of the new normal for Newton, telling Max Henson of Panthers.com that injuries would likely force Newton to be limited in practice for much of the season.

Newton has rarely gotten enough credit for his incredible toughness. I haven't seen a quarterback take the kind of physical beating Newton does almost weekly since I covered Steve Young. And Young had seven concussions during his NFL career.

Newton has been, in the football sense, a warrior.

That comes with a cost. Some team officials told B/R that when they watch Newton they feel he's breaking down physically—fast.

To be fair, these officials haven't talked to Newton's doctors, so much of this is speculation.

Yet it's hard to deny that Newton in the early going this season looks physically drained, and scouts who have watched him closely believe he is far more beat up than the team, or Newton, is willing to say.

While those same scouts are impressed with Newton's willingness to play while clearly not at full health, they also wonder how smart it is for Newton to keep playing. Is he sacrificing long-term success to play now? Should he sit and fully recuperate the way Andrew Luck is?

Given his limited practice schedule, there is a belief that Newton is more injured than anyone is letting on, and that that is leading to his struggles on the field, where he has thrown for 566 yards and two touchdowns with four interceptions through three games.

Newton, for his part, is telling people to relax.

"Moving forward, there is no need to panic," Newton said, via the team's website. "There is no need to rush. There is no need to be up in arms about the situation. Should you be frustrated as a fan? Absolutely. I am frustrated with my lackluster performance, knowing that we are better than the performances we've been putting on the past couple of weeks.

"Be patient, and know that big things are ahead for us. This year's Panthers team has big things to do."

But will it do them with what looks to be a hobbled Newton?
Not a bad section on Cam, but then 3 of his later points (4,6,10) go into race. :L

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His air yards are among the highest in the NFL usually, lowering his completion percentage. Truth be told I don't think Carolina has ever put the best help around there (if anyone says KB is a legit 1, they're trolling) for him. For as unique as Cam is, the actual fundamentals of the offense kind of suck. Good try bringing in Curtis Samuel and McCaffrey, but they aren't saving that team. Cam's shoulder is more of a legit concern, imo. I see several above average seasons in there.
How to Build a Devastating NFL Offense Without a Traditional No. 1 Receiver

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The think the QB model has changed...yes, passing the ball is the primary job, but ultimately winning football games is what QBs are graded on. Russell Wilson is making a lot of money largely for winning games, Kirk Cousins is making a lot of money largely because he's a stat machine.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His TD:INT ratio wasn't

Yeah...I agree, but the guy has played in a SB, and had his team in the playoffs...'13-'15, 3 consecutive seasons.

I think Cam is a good QB that has some limitations as a passer, so yeah, in that sense I think he's over rated too, but when you look at the whole picture...Cam aside, the Panthers have not really been geared up to compete as a high flying offense.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam's value has always been his dual threat ability.

Posting just his passing stats is disingenuous.

That said, he's having a shit start to the season, as my fantasy team can attest.