• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Sox vs Cubs

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No argument there. But past performance has diddly squat on what have you done for us lately.
Rey Lopez really has not done much for us lately outside of a few decent spot starts or long relief appearances where he never had to go deep. It's way too small of a sample size to declare that he's somehow figured it all out. We've yet to stretch him out in a game and he just wreaks of "the second you lean on him - he will let you down".

You do not just give up on a guy like Kuechel over a bad stretch of starts. The best version of this rotation is when Dallas Kuechel is pitching well. Not relying on Lopez. We have a cozy enough lead to afford him the next month-plus to figure things out. If he doesn't by October. Fine, Cease slides ahead of him if we should need a 4th starter for the post-season. But you're not just removing Kuechel from our rotation over a bad 8-9 starts or whatever. He was too good in 20 and 21 prior to that. That would be a big time knee jerk reaction. Again, especially with our lead in the Central.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rey Lopez really has not done much for us lately outside of a few decent spot starts or long relief appearances where he never had to go deep. It's way too small of a sample size to declare that he's somehow figured it all out. We've yet to stretch him out in a game and he just wreaks of "the second you lean on him - he will let you down".

You do not just give up on a guy like Kuechel over a bad stretch of starts. The best version of this rotation is when Dallas Kuechel is pitching well. Not relying on Lopez. We have a cozy enough lead to afford him the next month-plus to figure things out. If he doesn't by October. Fine, Cease slides ahead of him if we should need a 4th starter for the post-season. But you're not just removing Kuechel from our rotation over a bad 8-9 starts or whatever. He was too good in 20 and 21 prior to that. That would be a big time knee jerk reaction. Again, especially with our lead in the Central.
I might pull my statement back a bit as far as putting Keuchel in the BP for the rest of the season, that could be a bit drastic. But I definitely want him out of the rotation for at least the next 2-3 starts. He just doesn't have it right now and again, simply saying he's produced in the past has zilch on how he's performing of late. He needs to work on whatever it is that's caused him to almost completely collapse. One suggestion: try not having your breaking ball end up right down the pipe at 85 mph. That's a start right there.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Lynn, Kopech, Keuchel, Hendriks and Kimbril - all just happen to go out of whack at the same time giving up gopher balls like penny candy. The hitters and the pitchers have lost focus. TLR will have to bring them back and Katz has a new challenge as pitching coach. That is the state of things.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Lynn, Kopech, Keuchel, Hendriks and Kimbril - all just happen to go out of whack at the same time giving up gopher balls like penny candy. The hitters and the pitchers have lost focus. TLR will have to bring them back and Katz has a new challenge as pitching coach. That is the state of things.
We’re still in the throes of no intangibles aftermath…All will be well as things right themselves this week.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sox dropping the hammer - so far -this afternoon. Cease looks pretty good.

Lamb at 3rd - as player resting continues.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gents, are we at least in agreement that Cease has earned his spot as the 4th starter in the rotation? I understand why some of you aren't in agreement with me that Keuchel needs to be pulled from the rotation for a couple of starts or so. But I trust no one here feels that Keuchel should remain as our #4 starter.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was a good day today boys. Had some car trouble but saw the updates on the phone.

Grandal coming back on fire. Maybe he’s due now that the injury is past. God that would put us up a notch…

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All us Sox fans were dying for us to finally become relevant again…So nice.
Just happy that so many Sox fans are realizing what an entertaining team we have now. Yes, they're often frustrating to watch, but overall one of the more dynamic and exciting teams in the game today.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i see they're wearing their clown uniforms today.
I like those uni's, very colorful. Don't think I'd feel that way if it was their regular, every day game attire, but for those Sunday home games, me likey.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like those uni's, very colorful. Don't think I'd feel that way if it was their regular, every day game attire, but for those Sunday home games, me likey.
I think I’d prefer they wear the 1917/Field of Dreams uniforms on Sundays at this point.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I’d prefer they wear the 1917/Field of Dreams uniforms on Sundays at this point.
I like those as well - maybe an every other Sunday where they swap those two each time. I'm all about the compromise. :tea: