• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sox don't even cheat, still win easily

Uno

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any recipe you see is going to be right, if it has more than mint, simple syrup, bourbon.....it's wrong......it just depends on your guests really on how you want the portions to go, ladies would probably like a bit more simple syrup, dudes probably a bit less

Def. make the simple syrup.......dont just toss in sugar, to me that is key (of course i can't tell you i have blind taste tested this)........and dont buy cheap bourbon

I'm seeing shit with powdered sugar and stuff...these are worse than mojitos

J_E_T_S

Rihanna >>> Emma
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm seeing shit with powdered sugar and stuff...these are worse than mojitos

no, make simple syrup......it's called "simple" for a reason......sugar and boiling water

you do need sugar, just dont put sugar directly in with the bourbon

J_E_T_S

Rihanna >>> Emma
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mint Syrup:

1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup water
1 bunch fresh mint sprigs
In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and water. Boil for 5 minutes, without stirring. Remove from heat an pour over a handful of mint leaves and gently crush the mint with a spoon.

Refrigerator syrup mixture overnight in a closed jar. Remove mint leaves and continue to refrigerate. This syrup mixture will keep for several weeks.

this would probably make a great simple syrup, getting the mint flavor

Uno

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 fresh mint sprigs
2 1/2 oz bourbon whiskey
1 tsp powdered sugar
2 tsp water

Muddle mint leaves, powdered sugar, and water in a collins glass. Fill the glass with shaved or crushed ice and add bourbon. Top with more ice and garnish with a mint sprig. Serve with a straw.

Read more: Mint Julep recipe Mint Julep recipe

Ingredients
4 cups bourbon
2 bunches fresh spearmint
1 cup distilled water
1 cup granulated sugar
Powdered sugar
Directions
To prepare mint extract, remove about 40 small mint leaves. Wash and place in a small bowl. Cover with 3 ounces bourbon. Allow the leaves to soak for 15 minutes. Then gather the leaves in paper toweling. Thoroughly wring the mint over the bowl of whisky. Dip the bundle again and repeat the process several times.

To prepare simple syrup, mix 1 cup of granulated sugar and 1 cup of distilled water in a small saucepan. Heat to dissolve sugar. Stir constantly so the sugar does not burn. Set aside to cool.

To prepare mint julep mixture, pour 3 1/2 cups of bourbon into a large glass bowl or glass pitcher. Add 1 cup of the simple syrup to the bourbon.

Now begin adding the mint extract 1 tablespoon at a time to the julep mixture. Each batch of mint extract is different, so you must taste and smell after each tablespoon is added. You are looking for a soft mint aroma and taste-generally about 3 tablespoons. When you think it's right, pour the whole mixture back into the empty liter bottle and refrigerate it for at least 24 hours to "marry" the flavors.

To serve the julep, fill each glass (preferably a silver mint julep cup) 1/2 full with shaved ice. Insert a spring of mint and then pack in more ice to about 1-inch over the top of the cup. Then, insert a straw that has been cut to 1-inch above the top of the cup so the nose is forced close to the mint when sipping the julep.

When frost forms on the cup, pour the refrigerated julep mixture over the ice and add a sprinkle of powdered sugar to the top of the ice. Serve immediately.

Read more at: The Perfect Mint Julep Recipe : : Recipes : Food Network

leaves from 4-5 mint sprigs
2 sugar cubes or 1/2 oz simple syrup
2 1/2 oz bourbon
mint sprig for garnish
Preparation:

Place the mint and simple syrup or sugar into a julep cup, collins glass or double old-fashioned glass.
Muddle well to dissolve the sugar and to release the oil and aroma of the mint.
Add the bourbon
Fill with crushed ice and stir well until the glass becomes frosty.
Garnish with the mint sprig.

all different...all pains in the ass...I'm assuming the last one is the one you're talking about though

Village Plumber

Consider it circumcised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maddon strikes again...

Friday's game between the White Sox and Royals has been postponed due to inclement weather.

The game will be made up Monday at 2:10 p.m. ET. Friday's starters, Jeremy Guthrie and Dylan Axelrod, will presumably be pushed back to Saturday.

J_E_T_S

Rihanna >>> Emma
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey is $5 too much for you? We have 4 right now and I am assuming John wants in.

not at all, i'm gonna do it, just waiting for the lines up lol

J_E_T_S

Rihanna >>> Emma
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 fresh mint sprigs
2 1/2 oz bourbon whiskey
1 tsp powdered sugar
2 tsp water

Muddle mint leaves, powdered sugar, and water in a collins glass. Fill the glass with shaved or crushed ice and add bourbon. Top with more ice and garnish with a mint sprig. Serve with a straw.

Read more: Mint Julep recipe Mint Julep recipe

Ingredients
4 cups bourbon
2 bunches fresh spearmint
1 cup distilled water
1 cup granulated sugar
Powdered sugar
Directions
To prepare mint extract, remove about 40 small mint leaves. Wash and place in a small bowl. Cover with 3 ounces bourbon. Allow the leaves to soak for 15 minutes. Then gather the leaves in paper toweling. Thoroughly wring the mint over the bowl of whisky. Dip the bundle again and repeat the process several times.

To prepare simple syrup, mix 1 cup of granulated sugar and 1 cup of distilled water in a small saucepan. Heat to dissolve sugar. Stir constantly so the sugar does not burn. Set aside to cool.

To prepare mint julep mixture, pour 3 1/2 cups of bourbon into a large glass bowl or glass pitcher. Add 1 cup of the simple syrup to the bourbon.

Now begin adding the mint extract 1 tablespoon at a time to the julep mixture. Each batch of mint extract is different, so you must taste and smell after each tablespoon is added. You are looking for a soft mint aroma and taste-generally about 3 tablespoons. When you think it's right, pour the whole mixture back into the empty liter bottle and refrigerate it for at least 24 hours to "marry" the flavors.

To serve the julep, fill each glass (preferably a silver mint julep cup) 1/2 full with shaved ice. Insert a spring of mint and then pack in more ice to about 1-inch over the top of the cup. Then, insert a straw that has been cut to 1-inch above the top of the cup so the nose is forced close to the mint when sipping the julep.

When frost forms on the cup, pour the refrigerated julep mixture over the ice and add a sprinkle of powdered sugar to the top of the ice. Serve immediately.

Read more at: The Perfect Mint Julep Recipe : : Recipes : Food Network

leaves from 4-5 mint sprigs
2 sugar cubes or 1/2 oz simple syrup
2 1/2 oz bourbon
mint sprig for garnish
Preparation:

Place the mint and simple syrup or sugar into a julep cup, collins glass or double old-fashioned glass.
Muddle well to dissolve the sugar and to release the oil and aroma of the mint.
Add the bourbon
Fill with crushed ice and stir well until the glass becomes frosty.
Garnish with the mint sprig.

all different...all pains in the ass...I'm assuming the last one is the one you're talking about though

yeah that food network one was waaaay to involved, probably real good but not worth it

if you dont want to put in much effort, just boil up some sugar and water (get the ratio online, i think it's 1 Tsp to 1 cup) and there is your simple syrup

Uno

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah that food network one was waaaay to involved, probably real good but not worth it

if you dont want to put in much effort, just boil up some sugar and water (get the ratio online, i think it's 1 Tsp to 1 cup) and there is your simple syrup

can't I just buy simple syrup?

J_E_T_S

Rihanna >>> Emma
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't I just buy simple syrup?

i'm sure you could yes, it is probably the easiest thing in the world to make though and you can make it in the AM and just throw it in the fridge

but you could buy it i would think........i have never bought it so i can't tell ya how it is, it would def. be better than throwing sugar in the drink though

J_E_T_S

Rihanna >>> Emma
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are so many pitching options tonight, we could have 7 different starters in the league

Uno

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uno,

You're not a big fantasy sports guy?

Don't have a lot of time to devote to it honestly...or that much interest...I like the NCAA brackets because its a one time committment...weekly lineup changes (even for football) I forget to make

Uno

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm sure you could yes, it is probably the easiest thing in the world to make though and you can make it in the AM and just throw it in the fridge

but you could buy it i would think........i have never bought it so i can't tell ya how it is, it would def. be better than throwing sugar in the drink though

Someone else is providing the ingredients...I'm just the bartender...So, we'll see what they provide I guess

J_E_T_S

Rihanna >>> Emma
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone else is providing the ingredients...I'm just the bartender...So, we'll see what they provide I guess

nice, for the dudes a bit less sugar, the chicks a bit more

and i love mint, so i say go heavy on the mint.....and crush the mint a bit with your fingers before you put it in, that'll extract the flavors out........that's why a mojito is "muddled"

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't have a lot of time to devote to it honestly...or that much interest...I like the NCAA brackets because its a one time committment...weekly lineup changes (even for football) I forget to make

That is why fanduel is perfect! You can make a new roster any night and have completely different players the next night. Fo money!