• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sources: 49ers in process of granting Shawntae Spencer permission to seek a trade

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Agreed. Jeremy Lin wasn't played either. I'm exaggerating obviously. I see your point.

Because those are two so very similar situations. Lin being an aging veteran who's skills are on the decline in a league where teams frequently use multiple PGs on the floor at a time.

Or is Spencer the young unknown who's playing in a league where only one CB plays at a time?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jeremy lin would be like a corner from canadian college football. spencer was a 2nd rounder who lost his starting spot

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because those are two so very similar situations. Lin being an aging veteran who's skills are on the decline in a league where teams frequently use multiple PGs on the floor at a time.

Or is Spencer the young unknown who's playing in a league where only one CB plays at a time?

Hence the "I'm exaggerating" part.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hence the "I'm exaggerating" part.

There's a difference between exaggerating (Spencer could play like Deion with a new team) for effect, and making a bad comparison (Our CB could be an unknown like a basketball player who has played really well for a few weeks).

Just because you say "I'm exaggerating" doesn't mean you can say anything you want after it.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a difference between exaggerating (Spencer could play like Deion with a new team) for effect, and making a bad comparison (Our CB could be an unknown like a basketball player who has played really well for a few weeks).

Just because you say "I'm exaggerating" doesn't mean you can say anything you want after it.

Sure i can. Yes, it was a bad comparison, but I wasn't trying to make a real argument there. I said i agree with you.

Don't you dare tell me i can't have a King sized candy bar! Damn Government trying to interfere with my life again!

mufasa76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How was our pass rush when Spencer was starting?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
How was our pass rush when Spencer was starting?

He couldn't earn playing time on the defense this year.

But to answer your question directly in 2009 we tied for 3rd in the league in sacks with 44. That put us 3 sacks behind second place Pittsburgh and 4 behind first place Minnesota.