• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Source: Former Baylor WR Josh Gordon to enter supplemental draft

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tony Pauline:

Josh Gordon/WR/Baylor will have his pro-day next Tuesday, July 10th, at Rice Univ. Reasons for entering supdraft purely financial need.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The kid has great talent. I said it in the "2012 Rookie Thread" that the guy could be a hidden gem for several teams in need of a potential # 1 receiver. In that same thread I said I envision teams like the Panthers, Colts, Rams, and Redskins as being somewhat a suitable place for him to land. He already has a rapport with RGIII.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Matt Woodward:

CB Quaylon Ewing-Burton 4.53 40, 7.46 L cone, 4.39 short shuttle, 12 bench reps and a 10'2" broad jump

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nate Ulrich:

Browns‬ will have a representative in attendance Tuesday as former Baylor WR Josh Gordon works out in Houston. Supp draft is Thursday.

--------------

Matt Mosley:

The Cowboys will have a representative at Josh Gordon's workout tomorrow in Houston. They have done their homework on the former Baylor WR.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Gordon to the Dolphins?
7:53AM ET
Miami Dolphins

Within Sunday morning's post rounding up the latest Josh Gordon buzz, we speculated that the Miami Dolphins might be interested, seeing as their group of WRs could use some upgrading. While Gordon may not be able to be a surefire starter as a rookie, he has the talent to help just about any team, and a WR-needy team like Miami is obviously no exception.

Ben Volin of the Palm Beach Post does not pass along any inside info that the Dolphins will necessarily bid on Gordon this week, but does note that the club has an extra 2013 third-round pick from the Brandon Marshall trade, and some believe that's what it's going to take to win the bidding for Gordon.

ESPN AFC East blogger James Walker concurs that the team at least needs to do its homework on the WR:

- Tim Kavanagh​

James Walker
They should consider making this move

"The Dolphins should be interested in all receivers with potential. I'm not convinced the team is happy with its current group."

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Interest in supplemental LB
2:32PM ET
LB Larry Lumpkin

Reggie Benson of the Huntsville Times reports that at least two teams have shown interest in Larry Lumpkin, a former Alabama A&M linebacker available in the supplemental draft later on Thursday.

"Lumpkin, who spent two seasons at [Alabama A&M] before transferring to Carson-Newman College after the 2010 season, has made himself available for the NFL Supplemental Draft after being ruled ineligible for the 2012 season," Benson writes.

"A&M offensive coordinator Cedric Pearl, who serves as A&M's NFL liason, has talked with scouts with the Dallas Cowboys and Denver Broncos about Lumpkin the last couple of days."

"Larry was a playmaker for us, but he had a lot of issues," said A&M linebackers coach Jay Martin. "He was constantly late for meetings and he would miss practice at least one day a week.

"He was very undisciplined. He would have helped us, but he didn't want to be here."

- Vince Verhei​

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Matt Woodward:

CB Quaylon Ewing-Burton 4.53 40, 7.46 L cone, 4.39 short shuttle, 12 bench reps and a 10'2" broad jump

Those three-cone and short shuttle times are awful for a CB. Don't know anything about this kid, but those numbers would cause him to drop a bit in my book.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tony Pauline:

Results from Josh Gordon pro-day: 6031/224lbs...36" vert, 10'-1" broad..13 reps on bench...4.52/forty but pulled/hurt quad during the run..

Sources tell me Josh Gordon/WR/Baylor PASSED an unannounced urine test last week..that's PASSED- don't misquote...

Gordon didn't run 3cone or shuttle today because of his quad but scored well on the Wonderlic...

Was told Gordon's Wonderlic score was equal to a score teams want from a quarterback...also hearing his hands were exceptional...

to clarify so there's no misunderstanding; the results of Gordon's unannounced urine test were negative- a good thing

--------------------

Adam Caplan:

Some quick background on Josh Gordon's pro day workout: Most teams attending are sending two personnel evaluators.

Most teams I've checked with are sending their college scouting director and 1 area scout.

The workout was moved to the ‪#Texans‬ practice facility due to weather uncertainty. It was originally scheduled to take place at Rice U.

Gordon has been working out in Houston at Plex with Danny Arnold. Lots of ‪#Texans‬ players have trained there

Early numbers for Gordon's workout: 4.52 (40), 6031/224, 36" vertical, 10'1" broad jump, 13 reps bench.

Workout was inside the practice bubble at the Texans facility. Workout began at 11 am local time.

More teams showed up than expected. Was expecting 10-15, 21 showed up.

Josh Gordon pulled his left quadriceps, but was able to finish all routes etc during workout. Didn't drop a pass.

Former U of Mississippi QB Jevan Snead threw to Gordon during the workout.

Combination of area scouts and personnel execs (college scouting directors and more) were in attendance.

After Gordon pulled his quad during the 40, he did the WR workout, including the route tree. Then caught a 60-yarder in stride from Snead.

For those keeping score, Gordon's handsize-10 (for comparison's sake-Michael Floyd at combine-9 3/8). Arm is believed to be-33 1/3.

Wingspan-82 for Gordon which would put him near the top of the combine WRs

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tony Grossi:

Josh Gordon's pro day workout numbers bear a striking resemblance to another receiver taken in the third round of the regular NFL draft. Gordon timed 4.52 in the 40, had a vertical jump of 36 in., a broad jump of 10 ft., 1 in., and had 13 reps in the bench press. At the NFL combine, DeVier Posey timed 4.50, had a VJ of 36.5, a BJ of 10'-2", and 14 reps in the bench. Posey was a 3rd round pick of Houston, 68th overall. One difference: Gordon measured 6-3 1/8 and 224 pounds. Posey is 6-1 3/4 and 211.

-------

Josh Gordon, draft prospect, reportedly pulls quad - NFL.com

-------

Adam Caplan:

Partial list of teams in attendance for Josh Gordon's workout today: Browns, Eagles, Cowboys, Bears, Seahawks, Chiefs, Colts, 49ers, Redskins, Bills, Texans, Patriots, Vikings, Saints. Need confirmations on others. Teams not in attendance can request tape.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Josh Norris:

In case you missed it, about an hour ago @JoshBDraft reported Josh Gordon admitted today in interviews he's smoked weed as recently as May.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dane Brugler:

Heard some glowing reports on WR Josh Gordon's pro day and some not-so-good ones as well...lots of hype out there but not all teams are sold

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Question: If a player who entered the Supplementary Draft did not get picked, is he available as an UFA this year or will he have to wait until next year to be an eligible FA?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Question: If a player who entered the Supplementary Draft did not get picked, is he available as an UFA this year or will he have to wait until next year to be an eligible FA?

Pretty sure he'd be a FA, but he'd still have to go by the rookie wage scale as far as I know.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would be reluctant to take a WR in the supplemental draft. It seems like quite a few teams are deep at WR, and some decent/promising ones will be cut. Now, I'm not saying you'll find a great player, per se, but WR seems to be one of those positions where guys can come out of nowhere and find success with some regularity. And Gordon certainly seems to have his fair share of baggage.

21 receivers went in the first four rounds of the daft this year. And just in this division you're looking at players like Austin Pettis, Kyle Williams, and Deon Butler who might be available, among others. None of these guys are game-changers, but I think you could find a couple borderline starters and pretty solid depth on the waiver wire at the position, and there aren't too many positions you can say that about. I know next to nothing about Gordon, but based on the little I do, I'd rather wait and see if Pettis is cut than spend a third round pick on Gordon.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Pretty sure he'd be a FA, but he'd still have to go by the rookie wage scale as far as I know.

Yeah, they just become UDFAs. That's what happens to the vast majority of supplemental draft guys, you just never hear about most of them.