• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SoundOff Roll Call

Tidergirl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SLB checking in. Is everything going okay. Miss everyone so much.
When you are around I feel ashamed, you are imo, the nicest poster I have ever ran across. You are so nice it makes me feel bad that I'm not 1/2 as nice as you. Saying all if that, glad you made it. Better late than never...:clap:

Sheluvsbama

Gone to the Devil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you are around I feel ashamed, you are imo, the nicest poster I have ever ran across. You are so nice it makes me feel bad that I'm not 1/2 as nice as you. Saying all if that, glad you made it. Better late than never...:clap:

Thank you for all those sweet words! Please carry on and be yourself. I just wanted to see how everyone is doing, and make sure all is smooth. Happy to see you!

PSUTE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SLB checking in. Is everything going okay. Miss everyone so much.

I think I'm gonna like this board.

Good to see you both. Place is different, numerous boards. Sports forum general discussion board is usually where these types of threads go, but they've allowed these to remain, sort of the Ellis Island for us...

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see you both. Place is different, numerous boards. Sports forum general discussion board is usually where these types of threads go, but they've allowed these to remain, sort of the Ellis Island for us...
It's funny that a lot of the reasons Rivals peeps don't like it here (layout), is the main reason that I like it here. I spend 80% of my time between here and the General Discussion forum (other 20% spent drunk and lurking the Politics forum). I like being able to hop between a couple forums, to view threads/topics that interest me.

I've been on Rivals since '04-'05, and the forums just look too bland for me. Everything is put on one page and you just have to keep scrolling to find something that you're interested in. Eh, not for me.

Hillbillyzombie

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny that a lot of the reasons Rivals peeps don't like it here (layout), is the main reason that I like it here. I spend 80% of my time between here and the General Discussion forum (other 20% spent drunk and lurking the Politics forum). I like being able to hope between a couple forums, to view threads/topics that interest me.

I've been on Rivals since '04-'05, and the forums just look too bland for me. Everything is put on one page and you just have to keep scrolling to find something that you're interested in. Eh, not for me.
Same here! Well all but the 04-05 part(found it in 09 and didn’t post till 10). I hated scrolling two or three pages to find anything. Oh and if your offline for a week or few days you can forget about trying to find anything.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here! Well all but the 04-05 part(found it in 09 and didn’t post till 10). I hated scrolling two or three pages to find anything. Oh and if your offline for a week or few days you can forget about trying to find anything.
Guess I should be clear that I wasn't posting back then, that was just the time I had found out about Rivals.

Here everything is pretty much laid out and separated for you. Just visit the forums that interest you...pretty simple.

I'm sure there are golf threads around here, but I've never had to read or scroll past any.

PSUTE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny that a lot of the reasons Rivals peeps don't like it here (layout), is the main reason that I like it here. I spend 80% of my time between here and the General Discussion forum (other 20% spent drunk and lurking the Politics forum). I like being able to hop between a couple forums, to view threads/topics that interest me.

I like it as well for the same reason. But it is a learning curve so I can understand it taking a while to get used to...

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it as well for the same reason. But it is a learning curve so I can understand it taking a while to get used to...
Understandable, as I'm sure you spent a good deal of time there. I came from espn's old message boards and it was quite a change for me. The main thing that kept me here was the espn folks that I was familiar with and posted with. It wasn't just me, but EVERYONE was trying to adjust, and learning how to cope with the new changes together.

I see something similar going on now. The Rivals core seem like a good group, I hope most stick around.

ALADAMYA

I intend to live forever. So far, so good
Hoopla Cash
$ 681.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made a note to self after you started posting on rivals to never puss you off. I would hate for you to destroy me with you gift of gifs. .. glad you are on our side.

qYSeKuK.gif

Hillbillyzombie

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess I should be clear that I wasn't posting back then, that was just the time I had found out about Rivals.

Here everything is pretty much laid out and separated for you. Just visit the forums that interest you...pretty simple.

I'm sure there are golf threads around here, but I've never had to read or scroll past any.
Golf Forum
I plan on posting in there once things in the golf world pick back up.

_rolltideroll_

4 out of 3 people have trouble with basic math...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the layout is just fine, and is so similar to SO that it really doesn't bother me.. The only think that I wish is that I could lock/freeze the upper panel so I can continuously view the ALERTS thingy without having to scroll up. But that's not a deal breaker.