• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SOS - Really?

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're argument that they are better coached is that they have a better coach? Please see above post.

You're trying to prove something that can't be proven. I think your argument is more in line with who is the better team which is totally different.

The only thing that can be proven here is who is the better coach and Urban wins that comparison hands down.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why wouldn't the proven success of a coach's philosophy have a bearing on the team where that coach is currently working?

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would bail out too if I was losing an argument.

Previous jobs prove who is the better coach and that proven philosophy is at tOSU and have a bearing on how tOSU is being coached currently.

In your little mind.

Let's look at your better coach while he was at UF once he lost his OC, DC, QB, and WRs. He went a massive 7-6 that season. If he was the better coach he would have had no problem beating an FSU team who was coached by Jimbo.

His accomplishments are just as much attributed to his assistant coaches and players at that time.

Still waiting for a non troll OSU fan like Sox or Shane to answer my question.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're trying to prove something that can't be proven. I think your argument is more in line with who is the better team which is totally different.

The only thing that can be proven here is who is the better coach and Urban wins that comparison hands down.

You can't prove it but you can offer evidence to back it up. Stuff like giving examples when the team gets along well, when the team has faced adversity and not given up, when the team does things together as a team, when the team is questioned about certain things and they all give the same answer, how coaches make them practice, how coaches make them better people overall, etc.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it does. Billy Snyder is not a better coach than Urban so your anology doesn't work.

Other college coaches disagree with your opinion. I would tend to believe them over you. Most coaches in college think that Snyder has been one of the best coaches while at KSU. THey constantly state that his teams are very disciplined and well coached. Championships do not make a good coach. Getting the most out of what talent you have is what makes you a good coach. And NOBODY has done more with less than Bill Snyder at KSU.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In your little mind.

Let's look at your better coach while he was at UF once he lost his OC, DC, QB, and WRs. He went a massive 7-6 that season. If he was the better coach he would have had no problem beating an FSU team who was coached by Jimbo.

His accomplishments are just as much attributed to his assistant coaches and players at that time.

ryanreynoldssmirk.gif

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NW isn't the 2nd best team we have played. Wisky and Iowa. Both those teams IMO could beat Miami. They are easily the most overrated team with one loss. But that is besides the fact, I was just pointing out the record doesn't fully represent the opponents each team plays. Still both have average schedules if that.

By ranking NW was at the time they played OSU. I understand the injuries after that game.

Miami could just as easily beat Wisky and Iowa. That is a two way street there.

Average schedules are fine if that is what you want to call it. I let the "experts" argue that and I have not heard a single radio, tv, or internet "expert" state that OSU's and FSU's schedule are even remotely close. But to each their own.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In your little mind.

Great coaches have a down year every once in a while.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other college coaches disagree with your opinion. I would tend to believe them over you. Most coaches in college think that Snyder has been one of the best coaches while at KSU. THey constantly state that his teams are very disciplined and well coached. Championships do not make a good coach. Getting the most out of what talent you have is what makes you a good coach. And NOBODY has done more with less than Bill Snyder at KSU.

I didn't say Bill Snyder wasn't a good coach.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't prove it but you can offer evidence to back it up. Stuff like giving examples when the team gets along well, when the team has faced adversity and not given up, when the team does things together as a team, when the team is questioned about certain things and they all give the same answer, how coaches make them practice, how coaches make them better people overall, etc.

So like I said, all you can prove is who has the better coach.

And by an overwhelming amount of more accomplishments, that would be tOSU.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So like I said, all you can prove is who has the better coach.

And by an overwhelming amount of more accomplishments, that would be tOSU.

Well, then you have to compare apples to apples. Let's look at Urban's first 3.5 years as coach and compare.

Urban was 34-8 making his win percentage .810

Jimbo is 39-10 making his win percentage .796

Now, given that Jimbo's first 2 teams played in non-AQ conferences he had an easier schedule than Jimbo did at FSU. Meaning it was easier to win at those schools.

It took Urban 4 years to get to a BCS game and win. It took Jimbo 3.

Given that Urban and Jimbo have almost the same winning percentage and the above BCS stat, I'd say they are pretty even. Jimbo just hasn't been around as long as Urban to be able to do the same amount of accomplishments.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, then you have to compare apples to apples. Let's look at Urban's first 3.5 years as coach and compare.

Urban was 34-8 making his win percentage .810

Jimbo is 39-10 making his win percentage .796

Now, given that Jimbo's first 2 teams played in non-AQ conferences he had an easier schedule than Jimbo did at FSU. Meaning it was easier to win at those schools.

It took Urban 4 years to get to a BCS game and win. It took Jimbo 3.

Given that Urban and Jimbo have almost the same winning percentage and the above BCS stat, I'd say they are pretty even. Jimbo just hasn't been around as long as Urban to be able to do the same amount of accomplishments.

Until Jimbo accomplishes what Urban has done he is no where near on his level.

You can't discount Urban because he rose through the rankings faster and became a head coach at a much younger age. That just suggests even more that he is a better coach.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since when has it been easier to go undefeated at a non AQ school and win a bCS bowl game?

So your only argument for Jimbo is that he won a BCS bowl game 3 years after becoming a head coach and it took Urban 4 even though Urban became a Head Coach at a much younger age and was at the mid major level.

All I have to say to that is..................:lol:

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW that BCS bowl win for Jumbo was over Nothern Illinois

:laugh3:

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until Jimbo accomplishes what Urban has done he is no where near on his level.

You can't discount Urban because he rose through the rankings faster and became a head coach at a much younger age. That just suggests even more that he is a better coach.

I never discounted Urban. I was just comparing the two to their fist 3.5 years. Never once did I say that what Urban did wasn't great.

Since when has it been easier to go undefeated at a non AQ school and win a bCS bowl game?

So your only argument for Jimbo is that he won a BCS bowl game 3 years after becoming a head coach and it took Urban 4 even though Urban became a Head Coach at a much younger age and was at the mid major level.

All I have to say to that is..................:lol:

Since non-AQ teams generally have an easier schedule. Hence, why they are non-AQ. And you can't hold it against Jimbo for not becoming a head coach earlier. He was the OC at LSU and FSU for over the past decade and HC in waiting for the three years he became a head coach. He took a different route than Urban. That still doesn't mean you can't compare their first years together.

BTW that BCS bowl win for Jumbo was over Nothern Illinois

:laugh3:

So, first you defend being in the non-AQ and then you laugh at it. That BCS game for Urban was against Pitt who finished 8-3 and were ranked lower than Northern Illinois.

Oney

Hoopla Cash
$ 757.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, after last night, I just wanted to say I was right. ;)

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In your little mind.

Urban Meyer is the only coach in the history of major college football to have 3 20+ win streaks. He did that with 3 different teams ... with multiple staffs.

Of course his accomplishments can be partially attributed to his assistants and players. That's with ANY coach.

Using one season ... a rebuilding one at that ... to make ANY argument is just silly. His record speaks for itself.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urban Meyer is the only coach in the history of major college football to have 3 20+ win streaks. He did that with 3 different teams ... with multiple staffs.

Of course his accomplishments can be partially attributed to his assistants and players. That's with ANY coach.

Using one season ... a rebuilding one at that ... to make ANY argument is just silly. His record speaks for itself.

The point of using that one season is that when he lost his best two players(Tebow and Harvin). His OC and DC he was NOT able to sustain the success. His recruiting the last 2 yrs was down right garbage. Assistant coaches and players should get more than "Partial" credit. Those people actually do 75% of the work. He was hands off in the offense and defense at UF while he had Strong and Mullens. He tried to become hands on with ADdazzio as his OC. It did not work. ANd yes this goes for all HCs. THey set the tone for the program, but they HAVE to allow the assistants to actually coach the individual players. The HC cannot coach every player on the team.

Urban has had success and I have no problem admitting that, but his still does NOT answer my original question. How does ANY of that equate to tOSU being a better coached team THIS YEAR?

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does ANY of that equate to tOSU being a better coached team THIS YEAR?

That had nothing to do with tOSU being a better coached team THIS year.
I can tell you why they are though ....

- One of the top o-lines in the country (When was the last time you could say that about Ohio State?)
- Offense is Top 5 in the nation (When was the last time you could say that about Ohio State?)
- Miller has a 72% completion percentage (Miller has CLEARLY improved as a passer)
- Top 10 defense. (Defense has clearly improved, especially on the d-line)
- Top 10 in Turn Over Margin.

In short, Ohio State has improved in basically every statistical category the NCAA keeps track of. Not to mention the win streak, which is hard to do as a coach. Keeping players and coaches focused every week ....

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That had nothing to do with tOSU being a better coached team THIS year.
I can tell you why they are though ....

- One of the top o-lines in the country (When was the last time you could say that about Ohio State?)
- Offense is Top 5 in the nation (When was the last time you could say that about Ohio State?)
- Miller has a 72% completion percentage (Miller has CLEARLY improved as a passer)
- Top 10 defense. (Defense has clearly improved, especially on the d-line)
- Top 10 in Turn Over Margin.

In short, Ohio State has improved in basically every statistical category the NCAA keeps track of. Not to mention the win streak, which is hard to do as a coach. Keeping players and coaches focused every week ....

Now this is what I have been asking for the very FIRST time I asked this pages ago. But there is a little flaw here.

1. Same for FSU
2. Same for FSU, but top 3.
3. Winston is completing 70.3% of his passes, #2 in total QBR, #1 in 3rd down efficiency
4. #3 scoring defense, #7 in total Defense
5. #8 in T.O. margin the exact same as Ohio State.

In Short every statistic you brought up FSU is at the same level if not BETTER.

FSU replaced the starting QB, FB, RT, BOTH DEs, CB, and so on and the production is the SAME if not actually BETTER. Offense is definitely better. First time since 1999 that FSU has scored 40+ pts in every game.