• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sorry to twist the daggar.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the insight. I meant that even if Moss were the first/second read, if the LOS shows no go, LOS overrides the first/second read and Kaep moves onto second, third, etc. LOS was a visual perspective, read is a play objective or alternative.

But, I learned that reads, like Reed, is defense, not just targets.

np :)

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if Colin chose to, he could have hit Moss with a decent-to-great pass. I won't pretend to know why he chose not to or why he didn't see Moss slip open... but that is a shit load of open space for a 6'5" Randy Moss who also has good vertical jumping.

Obviously I'm not saying Colin is to blame after he stormed back... that'd be ridiculous. I'm just saying this shows again that the 49ers did more to fuck themselves than the refs did by not calling the penalties at the end.

I'd love to ask Colin why he didn't make the throw, cause I think that would have been an easy TD. The sad part is Flacco would have had something like 1:40 to beat Culliver again.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I just got around to watching the final goal line stand again... and I saw something that really sucks.... and I figured most of you would want to at least see it if you haven't already.

Untitled_zpsae2e27fc.png

Moss2_zpsaff7715d.png

This was the 2nd down call with the roll out to the right where Colin eventually threw it to Crabtree and the Ravens guy played through him to make sure he didn't catch it.

I honestly don't know why CK missed Randy Moss wide open in the back of the endzone, and I can't tell if guys at the line were blocking his view because he seemed to scan to his left and finally went back to Crabtree at the last second and tried to push it in.

To me this sucks because it shouldn't even have came down to the refs ignoring penalties, the 49ers just let it slip away

I watched the next play a lot too, and I can't confirm it but it is just my suspicion that Moss did an ole' block on the guy that clocked Crabtree in the chin. Everyone had to know that play was meant to be a quick pass to Crabs and he'd hopefully beat his guy around the edge for the score. My guess is that as unbelievable as it seems considering the stage and what was at stake, Randy pouted that they missed his chance to be the hero and called Crabs number instead... and let his guy go free.

It probably doesn't matter because the pass was behind Crabs and the Ravens guy had his arms wrapped around Crabtree's waist before he even started to turn up field...

Moss3rddown_zps34d21ddd.png

Moss3rddown2_zps44198eb9.png

After the pick, would you have been looking for Moss? Dude's a straight up bitch.

Plus, Kaep didn't really have a throwing lane there. If Moss isn't 10-yards open, I don't throw to him in that situation either.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Moss was definitely open from the WR's perspective, but Colin is looking at about a 17-18 yard pass thrown behind him as he is running in the opposite direction. Thus, from a QB's perspective those defenders are alot closer and that window is alot narrower than it may seem in the photos.

Hidsight, I would have sent Gore out into the flat to (hopefully) draw Reed out and Moss would have had a classic Montana to Rice six on a second window slant because Moss absolutely raped Williams off the line.

Every WR is open on every play. Just ask JJ Stokes.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you have stills of the end of the play, and the guy running through crabtree?

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I just got around to watching the final goal line stand again... and I saw something that really sucks.... and I figured most of you would want to at least see it if you haven't already.

Untitled_zpsae2e27fc.png

This was the 2nd down call with the roll out to the right where Colin eventually threw it to Crabtree and the Ravens guy played through him to make sure he didn't catch it.

I honestly don't know why CK missed Randy Moss wide open in the back of the endzone, and I can't tell if guys at the line were blocking his view because he seemed to scan to his left and finally went back to Crabtree at the last second and tried to push it in.
]

It was obviously the refs fault.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously you are a db troll.

LOL. Why? Because roughly 90% of your fanbase is blaming the refs on the 9ers loss? I just assume you all would blame the refs for Kaep not seeing an open Moss run open in the back of the endzone too to also help you sleep at night.

But seriously, when douchebags like WartyOne start to question the integrity of league I follow the most because his team lost kinda chaps my ass. I wished your fans good luck before the game and saw nothing but Ray Lewis murder jokes in return. Had the 9ers won I wouldv'e congratulated you guys upon games end, and not cried about the refs as most of you all have.
The refs showed early on that they were going to let the players play.
Every former player will tell you that you must adjust to the way the refs are calling a game. The Ravens did.
Also, John out-coached Jim. Plain and simple. Accept the fact.
An illegal procedure on the 1st play that the 9ers had 2 weeks to prepare for? LOL.
And I can guarantee you that if the roles were reversed and had the 9ers won on a "non-call", you all would be celebrating this victory as we Ravens fans are and not think twice about it.

But good luck next season. The 9ers look like they'll be a serious contender for some years to come. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if they were back in the Super Bowl next season. John is a hell of a coach and he has has a great young nucleus of talent on the team.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Why? Because roughly 90% of your fanbase is blaming the refs on the 9ers loss? I just assume you all would blame the refs for Kaep not seeing an open Moss run open in the back of the endzone too to also help you sleep at night.

But seriously, when douchebags like WartyOne start to question the integrity of league I follow the most because his team lost kinda chaps my ass. I wished your fans good luck before the game and saw nothing but Ray Lewis murder jokes in return. Had the 9ers won I wouldv'e congratulated you guys upon games end, and not cried about the refs as most of you all have.
Every former player will tell you that you must adjust to the way the refs are calling a game. The Ravens did.
An illegal procedure on the 1st play that the 9ers had 2 weeks to prepare for? LOL.
And I can guarantee you that if the roles were reversed and had the 9ers won on a "non-call", you all would be celebrating this victory as we Ravens fans are and not think twice about it.

But good luck next season. The 9ers look like they'll be a serious contender for some years to come. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if they were back in the Super Bowl next season. John is a hell of a coach and he has has a great young nucleus of talent on the team.

There were many ways of saying what you felt in a less db troll kind of way. You just proved it with this post. There is some truth to some of this post right here, but none of that was there in bumping a dead thread to say what you said. No one would call you a db troll if you had just said some of what you said here. I'm sure I could argue with some of what you said here, but it wouldn't make you a troll. There are different ways to discuss what you think and people will call you out on it if you say it in a db way.

Trust me, after the Niners beat the Saints last playoffs and again this year, I wanted to go there and say shit, but I didn't and that's with knowing they'd talk shit if it was the other way around. I could go there and say good game and that I was happy for Smith/Kaep and they wouldn't say I was a troll.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's because you're a complete dickbag, jackhole idiot. And the "w" in wartyOne isn't capitalized.

Last edited by a moderator:

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No you can't. Because if the 9ers had won in that fashion, I'd still be calling out the integrity (complete lack thereof) of the NFL.

Choose to think the NFL has integrity if you want. Further makes you look clueless.

Now stop stalking me, jackass.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There were many ways of saying what you felt in a less db troll kind of way. You just proved it with this post. There is some truth to some of this post right here, but none of that was there in bumping a dead thread to say what you said. No one would call you a db troll if you had just said some of what you said here. I'm sure I could argue with some of what you said here, but it wouldn't make you a troll. There are different ways to discuss what you think and people will call you out on it if you say it in a db way.

Trust me, after the Niners beat the Saints last playoffs and again this year, I wanted to go there and say shit, but I didn't and that's with knowing they'd talk shit if it was the other way around. I could go there and say good game and that I was happy for Smith/Kaep and they wouldn't say I was a troll.

Not to be a :ss:, but I noticed that you follow the Reds and Ohio State, yet you're a Ravens fan and not a Bengals fan? And how exactly did the Ravens adjust to how the game was being called? They were the 2nd most penalized team in the league in 2012 (1st during the first 7 weeks of the season), second in the NFL in terms of penalties per game (7.5), and 1st in the NFL with 69.2 yards worth of penalties per game, yet get only 2 calls during the superbowl? Check it out, the Niners made mistakes that honestly cost them the game, and the playcalling sucked in the last drive. Not to mention, upon all of the reviews, the hold on Crabtree on that 4th down was at worst questionable because the ball may have not been catchable, yet there was a helmet to helmet penalty on Crabs during the 2nd down play committed by a defensive back who should have been ejected for pushing a referee all the way to the gulf coast.

Also, you probably meant to say that Jim, not John, has a hell of a team that could be back in the SB hunt next year.

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't see that throw being made, sorry. It's either a rocket through a 2x2 window while rolling out, or a ridiculously placed touch pass into more space that assumes the receiver is 'in the QB's mind' and drags off to the backline immediately at release.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to be a :ss:, but I noticed that you follow the Reds and Ohio State, yet you're a Ravens fan and not a Bengals fan? And how exactly did the Ravens adjust to how the game was being called? They were the 2nd most penalized team in the league in 2012 (1st during the first 7 weeks of the season), second in the NFL in terms of penalties per game (7.5), and 1st in the NFL with 69.2 yards worth of penalties per game, yet get only 2 calls during the superbowl? Check it out, the Niners made mistakes that honestly cost them the game, and the playcalling sucked in the last drive. Not to mention, upon all of the reviews, the hold on Crabtree on that 4th down was at worst questionable because the ball may have not been catchable, yet there was a helmet to helmet penalty on Crabs during the 2nd down play committed by a defensive back who should have been ejected for pushing a referee all the way to the gulf coast.

Also, you probably meant to say that Jim, not John, has a hell of a team that could be back in the SB hunt next year.

Not sure why you quoted me, mistake, agreement, disagree? But anyway, I lived in Utah for a long time and I hated how even when the Jazz were in their Finals years, I saw a lot of Lakers fans in my high school. I mean, they were in high school, so it isn't like the majority were from LA.

And when the Jazz made the Finals twice, they weren't so bad that people should jump off the bandwagon. The Jazz were better than the Lakers those years, sweeping them once and beating them in 5-6 the other year. The two years before that the Rockets beat the Jazz in the Western Finals once or twice and won the Championship, and the Bulls the previous three, so it wasn't like these high school guys were just staying on the bandwagon of a previous champion. Enjoy your local team if you have one, especially when they are good. Anyone can chase the good teams like a bandwagoner.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why you quoted me, mistake, agreement, disagree? But anyway, I lived in Utah for a long time and I hated how even when the Jazz were in their Finals years, I saw a lot of Lakers fans in my high school. I mean, they were in high school, so it isn't like the majority were from LA.

And when the Jazz made the Finals twice, they weren't so bad that people should jump off the bandwagon. The Jazz were better than the Lakers those years, sweeping them once and beating them in 5-6 the other year. The two years before that the Rockets beat the Jazz in the Western Finals once or twice and won the Championship, and the Bulls the previous three, so it wasn't like these high school guys were just staying on the bandwagon of a previous champion. Enjoy your local team if you have one, especially when they are good. Anyone can chase the good teams like a bandwagoner.

My bad, it was pretty late last night so I didn't write statements to corroborate your post about calling this guy a db troll. I made the comments which were obviously directed at him in regards to his team affiliations in addition to how although the Niners made mistakes which cost them the game, the Ravens were the beneficiaries of some no calls.

Not sure if your comments were directed towards me, but if they are, not sure where the bandwagoner comments are coming from? FYI, if your comments are directed towards me, I am no bandwagoner, and if anything, I root for the teams that I do for geographic, cultural, and nationalistic pride reasons. I don't know if you're familiar with baseball, and if you're not you probably aren't well adept with AT&T park, buy my reference with McCovey Cove is due to the fact that I grew up in the 415. Thus, by default/family upbringing, I am a Niners/Giants/Sharks fan, and long time Niners and Giants fan with that. I've also been posting on ESPN long before you have, so I know some of the other regs on here who've been posting around the same time I started back at ESPN which was during the turn of the new millenium (Bingo, Ray, Deep come to mind).

If your comments were directed at the Ravens fan, then disregard this post. However, bandwagoner I'm definitely not. :2cents:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad, it was pretty late last night so I didn't write statements to corroborate your post about calling this guy a db troll. I made the comments which were obviously directed at him in regards to his team affiliations in addition to how although the Niners made mistakes which cost them the game, the Ravens were the beneficiaries of some no calls.

Not sure if your comments were directed towards me, but if they are, not sure where the bandwagoner comments are coming from? FYI, if your comments are directed towards me, I am no bandwagoner, and if anything, I root for the teams that I do for geographic, cultural, and nationalistic pride reasons. I don't know if you're familiar with baseball, and if you're not you probably aren't well adept with AT&T park, buy my reference with McCovey Cove is due to the fact that I grew up in the 415. Thus, by default/family upbringing, I am a Niners/Giants/Sharks fan, and long time Niners and Giants fan with that. I've also been posting on ESPN long before you have, so I know some of the other regs on here who've been posting around the same time I started back at ESPN which was during the turn of the new millenium (Bingo, Ray, Deep come to mind).

If your comments were directed at the Ravens fan, then disregard this post. However, bandwagoner I'm definitely not. :2cents:

I thought your post was saying that he was an Ohio guy but not rooting for the Bengals, so I thought that was like a bandwagoner to be for the Ravens. I didn't explicitly say that because I don't know his history and he could make that up for all I know. So it wasn't directed at you, I've known you since ESPN (I joined in 2000, had this username since 2004 at ESPN, came here when everyone else did), but it wasn't necessarily accusing him either. Just my thoughts on those who don't root for local teams. Anyone can choose a good team.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought your post was saying that he was an Ohio guy but not rooting for the Bengals, so I thought that was like a bandwagoner to be for the Ravens. I didn't explicitly say that because I don't know his history and he could make that up for all I know. So it wasn't directed at you, I've known you since ESPN, but it wasn't necessarily accusing him either. Just my thoughts on those who don't root for local teams. Anyone can choose a good team.

Thanks for the clarification.

I hear you as well - eventhough I live closer to San Jose than I do with Catalonia, if the Earthquakes were to ever play FC Barcelona in a friendly here in the bay area, I'll be wearing my Catalan colors with pride and rooting for my team to show no mercy with the bay area team. Anyone can choose a good team, but having ties with a team for cultural reasons and going through seasons of not having championships makes it sweeter when your squad finally raises from the dead and emerges in their respective sport, similar to what the 49ers and Giants are doing right about now. Of course, the 49ers fell short this year, but...