• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sophomore player of the year.....

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You will all be proven wrong when you see that it will be:

Aaron Rodgers: Davante Adams is going to be a star | ProFootballTalk

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpte4zjrjngeyzgm3ndi0ztm3otq1nzhlyjawztcwzmiz-e1434480023982.jpeg

Packers wide receiver Randall Cobb said recently that it will be difficult for him to top the numbers that he had while helping the team to another NFC North title last year.

Cobb’s rationale was that the Packers have a deep offense and that the rise of other players will cut into his opportunities. If you’re looking to bet on which of those players will impact Cobb, second-year wide receiver Davante Adams looks like a good way to go.

Adams’s ability has been a popular topic for people around the team this year and quarterback Aaron Rodgers added his voice to the crowd this week. Rodgers said that he hoped to see Adams do a better job in practice early last year and that he’s seen the growth he wanted to see from a player he believes is destined for big things.

“I never called out Davante by name last year. I was hoping that he would pick it up with his practice habits. But Davante is a very polished player, and he has an excellent demeanor for a guy who’s going to be a star,” Rodgers said, via ESPN Wisconsin. “I mean, he carries himself like a star – which is a very high compliment. There’s only been a few guys around here who’ve had that charisma: Charles [Woodson], Julius [Peppers], Greg [Jennings] always had it as a young player. But there’s very few guys that really ‘get it.” And he has supreme confidence, and it’s contagious. And I’m really proud of his approach and his attitude. It makes you want to get him the ball more. It makes you watch the film and have regrets about not giving him more opportunities. And that’s again, another compliment for him.”

There’s probably a cap on how much Adams can do individually if Cobb and Jordy Nelson are healthy next season, but a step up has the potential to make Rodgers’s high expectations for the offense a reality.

And the coach says this:

GREEN BAY–Packers Head Coach Mike McCarthy named second-year wide receiver Davante Adams as the star of spring practices.

“If you want a clear example of a first-year player taking a second-year jump, you just saw it the last few weeks. He’s been really good in practice. If you want me to pick an MVP or all-star, it’s Davante,” McCarthy said following minicamp practice on Tuesday.

“I thought the practice was good. We got out of it what we hoped to get out of it,” McCarthy said of Tuesday’s workout. The Packers have only one minicamp practice remaining, on Thursday. The team will participate in a team-building activity on Wednesday.

“We have a team activity tomorrow and packers.com will let you know what it is. It’s about culture. It’s about developing the bond between players, coaches and support staff,” McCarthy said.

McCarthy also talked about a cross-training activity in this year’s spring practices. Offensive players are being taught defense, and vice versa.

“A big focus of our team this year is to raise the football IQ. We’re trying to educate as much as we can. It generates activity as far as offensive guys talking to defensive guys,” McCarthy said.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was just over in the NFL page and they had this article written:

Drew Brees-to-Josh Hill among 10 rising pitch-and-catch combos - NFL.com

Green Bay Packers: Aaron Rodgers to Davante Adams
Whenever an offensive lineup features a pair of Pro Bowl pass catchers on the perimeter -- see: Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb in Green Bay -- it is easy to overlook the WR3. But the football world quickly will grow to love Adams' game when he steps onto the field in 2015. The second-year pro started to flash near the end of his rookie season (seven catches for 117 yards and a touchdown in the playoff win over Dallas), exhibiting the ball skills and running ability to wreak havoc on quick-rhythm throws against man coverage. Given Adams' advantages over opposing CB3s, Rodgers could turn to his young pass catcher at critical junctures this season.